Cipriani Signs For Sale

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Danny Cipriani's move to Sale Sharks has now been confirmed, with the England fly-half agreeing a three-year deal - Sky Sports on Twitter

Former England fly-half Danny Cipriani has signed a three-year deal with Premiership side Sale Sharks.
He will return to the English top-flight next season after two years in Australia with Melbourne Rebels.
The 24-year-old has not played for England since 2009 and hopes the move will revive his international career.
"He feels Sale give him the best opportunity to fulfil his aspirations to be England's number one fly-half," said chief executive Steve Diamond."Danny has been targeted by many European clubs but has chosen to be based in Manchester."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17441993

I don't think Cipriani will ever be England's Number One Fly-half, there are too many young players just as talented if not more so, who have a far better temperament than that of Cipriani. Good signing for Sale if he can keep his discipline, if not could be a problem for them...​

xthumbsup.jpg

I'm sure that he hasn't learnt to tackle yet so is never going to make it to international level without sale teaching him and thing or to. But i don't see him as a better player than Flood, Farrell, Burns or the temp Hodgson. Ambition shown by Sale though

Then you have Ford coming through the ranks at Leicester... Already seems to be a good player for the future...

there are hardly any fly halves who run through sides like this, Cipriani and Matthew Morgan are a rare type of fly half who have pace and can run themselves

watch this try

Last edited by a moderator:
there are hardly any fly halves who run through sides like this, Cipriani and Matthew Morgan are a rare type of fly half who have pace and can run themselves

watch this try

That was some desperate defending by the Sharks in fairness, but I know what you mean. He's got great pace and footwork.
Why couldn't England stick him at 12. I think Brad Barritt's been brilliant but Cips could be a brilliant playmaking inside centre with skills like that. I still don't think he can control a game, and is definitely not in the same class of fly-half as Farrell, Flood, Ford or Burns.

Are you reading this Lancaster?

The thread of this ***le seems like Cymro is selling signs with the word 'Cipriani' on them.

Yeah, language fail for me.

The thread of this ***le seems like Cymro is selling signs with the word 'Cipriani' on them.

Yeah, language fail for me.
To be fair it does make for some interesting ***les.
I remember when Buckley got back from the World Cup one website said "Buckley back for Sale" - I thought "We're getting rid of him so soon?" :p

Excellent signing for Sale. It doesn't really matter what the current England pecking order is - 3 years and who knows? Farrell could do a Toby Flood and get injured and lose his form, and Flood could get banned for some silly off field offense. If talent was consistant and people didn't get injured/**** up, England would have had three consistantly excellent fly half options in Flood, Wilko and Hodge over the last 5 years, Tait with 60 or so caps in the 13 jersey and Barckley/Allen with a load of caps at 12.

There is no reason for him not to have a crack at it. He is a great runner, can play full back and fly half very well, and can do a job at centre. If nothing else he is an excellent England bench option.

Having several very talented flyhalves ahead of him in the pecking order (for England) is going to spur him on, as well, which is only going to help Sale :D

Last edited:
Having several very talented flyhalves ahead of him in the pecking order is going to spur him on, as well, which is only going to help Sale :D
I had to look at the Sale wikipedia page to find out who your other flyhalves were! Would they really be ahead of Cipriani? If Cips doesn't do anything too stupid in his opening games I can see him staking a claim for the 10 spot.

not the first time I've seen this headline used, probably even Andy Goode had it at one stage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17459928

Cipriani will definitely start for Sale next season by the way, no way MacLeod will be preferred

quite a good deal for Sale getting out Lavea (signed on a two year deal) and bringing in Cipriani

I think they now are on a really good track for the future and have a much better coach in Diamond who seems to have picked up a couple of real bargain buys in the squad and shipped out a lot of mediocre or injury prone salary chomping players, and managed to attract some real good players like Gray

they just need to sort out the scrum though, I don't know whether Lewis-Roberts will be an improvement on Dickinson, and Henry Thomas seems to concede lots of penalties at 3 and Buckley ... 3 year contract that was a big hiccup in recruitment by Diamond

but the rest of the pack looks impressive, to have Ostrikov, Myall, Fourie, Auva'a, Vernon likely only as second choice next season shows good depth, although to be fair the depth is weaker in the backs

They should fly the flag for the North well next season

I think he will be a good signing for them and he has said he picked them to try and get back in the England team, I am sure as soon as he learns to tackle well he will be in with a chance of a return to the England squad.

I imagine he and Diamond will get on like a house on fire.

Not.

His kicking game has been great for the Rebels. And he is smart when distributing the ball. I'd guess he'd make a good bench player for England, but he'd have to work hard for that still.

Apparently Lancaster wasn't impressed with his attitude when he was dropped to the Saxons, which doesn't surprise me. His attacking ability is right up there with the best, defence is still iffy - and he'd make a great 12, but again his defence just isn't up to scratch. I can't remember Barritt missing one tackle.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a_dKBP2Y61s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sign of things to come .... ?

Latest posts