• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Steve Diamond leaves Sale

Sale have a very good squad, but a very small squad. Sustaining a Premiership challenge and a Champions Cup run is almost impossible with the lack of depth they have.

Sale have a very good squad, but a very small squad. Sustaining a Premiership challenge and a Champions Cup run is almost impossible with the lack of depth they have.
Thats true, Chiefs are top of the table even without 11 frontline players through internationals and injuries. You need that strong 23 to win the play off games that matter but also the squad to mitigate injuries or you will never sustain anything.

The issue with bringing someone new in at this stage is they'll be inheriting a squad they didn't create, and with very little wiggle room as we're up to the cap (though with a number of long term injuries so some wiggle room there) and also a squad very set up to play a specific way (very top heavy re:forwards vs backs)

I'm hoping we can tempt Sanderson away from Saracens - I imagine he's got an eye on the top role there, but you never know, he might miss home.
I've always had vague pipe dreams of Sanderson HC, Hodgson AC

The issue with bringing someone new in at this stage is they'll be inheriting a squad they didn't create, and with very little wiggle room as we're up to the cap (though with a number of long term injuries so some wiggle room there) and also a squad very set up to play a specific way (very top heavy re:forwards vs backs)

I'm hoping we can tempt Sanderson away from Saracens - I imagine he's got an eye on the top role there, but you never know, he might miss home.
I've always had vague pipe dreams of Sanderson HC, Hodgson AC

Hence why Rob du Preez might make sense he knows half the squad.......

What a pity...I really liked his comment about the SA Sports Minister and telling him to mind his own business...his post match interviews were always entertaining on BT sport and did he once ask a Journo to step outside? Classic.

What a pity...I really liked his comment about the SA Sports Minister and telling him to mind his own business...his post match interviews were always entertaining on BT sport and did he once ask a Journo to step outside? Classic.
He did but the journalist to his credit stood his ground

Latest posts