Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
CASI
Lavaning gets a red.
He was clearly trying to tackle the Owen, his wrap attempt is nothing short of obvious, but he was all in, miscalculated Owen was ducking but not enough to be considered a mitigating factor, he gets a red. It happens.
I mixture of playing to the limit and a bit of bad luck.
Again, it happens.
4-week suspension.

Now. Two Italian props take a guy on his 4s, turn him upside down and drop him on his head, willingly and on purpose. One of them gets a free pass during the game and, here is the kicker, after review, both get a 3-week suspension.
So purposely trying to injure a player and dropping him on his head is better and deserves less time away from the game according to those in the review commission, than someone miscalculating a tackle.

Independent panel a hearing for Italian players decided it was low end.
Independent panel at Argentina player decided it was mid range.
After they reviewed all mitigation all three players ot discount on bans.
Not that I agree but under stand the logic behind the sentences.
Just the same as criminal courts dish out sentences.

I understand the logic. My point is that, given that the logic is sound and that the outcome is questionable at best, it might be a good time to check the premises.

I understand the logic. My point is that, given that the logic is sound and that the outcome is questionable at best, it might be a good time to check the premises.
As posted I don't agree with outcomes however as at any judicial process the guilty or not guilty party is subject to personal opinions in these cases the panel of judges.
Maybe mitigation should be removed offences are given set sentence.
EG High take 10 weeks no low mid high offence no mitigation just serve the ban irrespective of circumstances ,which generally appears to go against judicial process in general where judges can take into account .

Doesn't lavanini have more cards than any other player at the world cup?
The guys a scum bag, that's why his ban wasn't reduced as much as others were.

I don't disagree on principal that someone can get banned for longer for a more dangerous but less intended play, without going into the details of these decisions.

I don't like the attitude of players that there is nothing they could have done to prevent a situation either. There is certainly a lot of truth to it, some times more than others, but they aren't going to improve if they don't think they can.

the most unfortunate thing for me is that we are seeing harsher calls during the World Cup than we have previously. Ingrained behaviour takes time to change. It is therefore inevitable that once you start ruling against ingrained behaviour that there will be a period, probably of several years, before players can fully adjust their technique. So seeing this, to this level, for the first time in a World Cup is a bit crazy.

Doesn't lavanini have more cards than any other player at the world cup?
The guys a scum bag, that's why his ban wasn't reduced as much as others were.
You read too much rugby onslaught. etc.
I take it you dont follow SR. He's got 1 YC in the last two years. He doesnt even make many penalties either. The stats are out there.

I was laughing when he got transferred to Leicester and rugbypass/rugby onslaught/etc kept putting clips of him from 2015 and 2016 and kept repeating he is a card machine. He is not. He completely changed with Ledesma.

He went from several RC and YC a year for consecutive seasons to zero cards in 2018 and 1 YC in all 2019 (SR, cant recall pumas).

If he's got a bad rep it's not from the last 2 years.

I don't disagree on principal that someone can get banned for longer for a more dangerous but less intended play, without going into the details of these decisions.
This i can understand and agree with, but i dont think this was the case.

Latest posts