• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Classic Match Disappointment

M

mikeeboy

So I went into the classic matches, starting off with a couple back in time, that I didn't know much about, the "fuzzy" tv picture, black and white and that funny old tv style line appearing bringing a smile to my face, and then on to the third.

1971 Lions, wow, I thought this should be good, some classic players I will recognise, so how disappointed was I when I saw a load of made up names - gutted.

Also on the first ever international game of rugby between England and Scotland, check out the size of the English second row - absolutley massive.

Wow, didn't expect that...
<

Are you sure that the names incorrect or have you checked?

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 5 2006, 10:32 AM
Wow, didn't expect that...
<

Are you sure that the names incorrect or have you checked?
Pretty sure, I don't think I need to check.

Similar situation with Australia v France, World Cup semi 1987 I think, no Sella or Blanco just made up names.

Thanks JJ.

Nice little touch when they dive for the line, as they roll like that.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 5 2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks JJ.

Nice little touch when they dive for the line, as they roll like that.
<

Back on topic, My guess is that once again its our old buddy Licensing issues at work. Its the same with the Madden Historical Teams, they have the correct uniforms and faces, but all the names and player numbers are different.

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 6 2006, 07:08 AM
Back on topic, My guess is that once again its our old buddy Licensing issues at work. Its the same with the Madden Historical Teams, they have the correct uniforms and faces, but all the names and player numbers are different.

That was exactly the problem. Sorry.
<

To be honest, how many people are going to play this match and actually know player from player?

Not exactly THAT important.

No, but it would have been cool to be playing with Colin Meads and others like that.

Sorry, just checked it for myself. Nz are only in two classic matches, and you play against them on both ocasions. This is a tad disapointing. I was looking forward to turning the tide in a few world cup semis and finals.

Once you have beaten that classic match though you can play it again and select either team.

This may only happen after all classic matches have been completed, as I didn't even notice it until then, when I opened up one of the earlier matches and saw I could move the controller to either team.

Latest posts