• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Classic Rugby Games (Mainly Glaws Ones)

GarethGriffiths

Academy Player
The YouTube channel 'Rachel Carr' has many old rugby videos going as far back as the early 1990s.

Even if you aren't a Glaws fan, there's plenty of good games on there from the past such as South West England XV v New Zealand (at Redruth in 1993)

Full matches and snippets are all included.

Thanks for that, I was at the South West vs New Zealand in 1993 and don't recall having seen the match since, so I'll enjoy a trip down memory lane. My abiding memories of the game were Jamie Joseph doing his best to blind / maim Phil DeGlanville's, Andy Robinson setting the cause of small number sevens back a few years and a sense of what could have been after the match.

Jamie Joseph was filthy.
He was a magnet for giving away penalties. Much like Richard Loe.

Jamie Joseph was filthy.
He was a magnet for giving away penalties. Much like Richard Loe.

To add insult to injury, the incident was brushed under the carpet, allowing Joseph to do his best to end Kyran Bracken's fledgling career in the test match at Twickenham with a stamp to the ankle.

In some regards, I'm a bit of a rugby dinosaur, but you can't argue that some things in the game haven't changed for the better, like a pretty effective disciplinary system.

I agree, Richard Loe, Jamie Joseph and a few other All Blacks , but only a few, have been thugs.
Gladly the modern era has no room for habitual recidivists.

Latest posts