• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clermont v Munster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 8 2008, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 7 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James showing signs of why he was the best ten in Europe last season.[/b]

Brock James?

He couldn't make the starting XV for any of the Australian Super 14 teams... :lol:
[/b][/quote]

LOL.

To be fair he looked composed and on the button today. Munster should have killed off Clermont in the first half.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 8 2008, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 7 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brock James?

He couldn't make the starting XV for any of the Australian Super 14 teams... :lol:
[/b][/quote]
Yeh, but fair dues, behind the Clermont pack he's a f***ing menace.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 8 2008, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Brock James?

[/b][/quote]

Except Matt Giteau ( what was the ranking of the WF last year in s14 again ?), not any australian would make the starting XV at FH in Clermont, let alone Munster or Toulouse .

Quade Cooper ?
Kurtley Beale ?
Berrick Barnes ?

:rolleyes: :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 8 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 8 2008, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brock James?

[/b][/quote]

Except Matt Giteau ( what was the ranking of the WF last year in s14 again ?), not any australian would make the starting XV at FH in Clermont, let alone Munster or Toulouse .

Quade Cooper ?
Kurtley Beale ?
Berrick Barnes ?

[/b][/quote]

But none of those guys are ever being referred to as the best flyhalf in the Super 14... yet they're all superior players to Brock James... so I'm sure Clermont would find room... :p

So you charted Clermont's T14 season last year? And followed James's performances regularly, yeah?

I think he's class personified, myself.
He reminds me of an on-form Hernandez with just a little less flair, and with a more conservative style.
Put it this way, I'd prefer him to Hodgson, O'Gara or Stephen Jones. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 8 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 8 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 8 2008, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brock James?

[/b][/quote]

Quade Cooper ?
Kurtley Beale ?
Berrick Barnes ?

[/b][/quote]

But none of those guys are ever being referred to as the best flyhalf in the Super 14... yet they're all superior players to Brock James... so I'm sure Clermont would find room... :p
[/b][/quote]

Have you ever watched a Clermont game ? Even once ? Do you even know the colour of their shirt, or their coach ? I doubt Vern Cotter would hire a clown . Your opinion is not yet a fact, and no, they are not superior to B James.

I watched plenty of Reds and Brumbies Tahs games so I know what I'm talking about.

704308.jpg

'Im^^^^^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 8 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Quade Cooper ?
Kurtley Beale ?
Berrick Barnes ?

:rolleyes: :D[/b]

So you're telling me that a whole side's performance over a season is a valid reflection of one man's form? If you want to play that game I could point out that the side Michalak plays (i.e reserves) for was absolutely destroyed by the 'Tahs (twice), who incidentally Beale plays for.

I've only seen Brock James play twice I think and yeah I thought he was good, so not having a dig. Yet he's 27 and has had time to mature, Quade Cooper and Beale are all of 20 (Cooper is maybe 21) and yet he's performing extremely well at an international level, whereas as Fushi quite bluntly put it, Brock couldn't really cut it over here at a provincial level. As for paying out Beale, chances are he will be replaced by Halangahu, and when that happens I'll let you guess where he'll go to ply his trade :D.

As for Berrick Barnes, like Cooper he cuts it for the wallabies, a side that while maybe not up to the lofty heights of the club teams you mentioned (ORLY?) still manages to beat their rep sides, you sure make an interesting assessment mate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Dec 10 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 8 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quade Cooper ?
Kurtley Beale ?
Berrick Barnes ?

So you're telling me that a whole side's performance over a season is a valid reflection of one man's form? If you want to play that game I could point out that the side Michalak plays (i.e reserves) for was absolutely destroyed by the 'Tahs (twice), who incidentally Beale plays for.

I've only seen Brock James play twice I think and yeah I thought he was good, so not having a dig. Yet he's 27 and has had time to mature, Quade Cooper and Beale are all of 20 (Cooper is maybe 21) and yet he's performing extremely well at an international level, whereas as Fushi quite bluntly put it, Brock couldn't really cut it over here at a provincial level. As for paying out Beale, chances are he will be replaced by Halangahu, and when that happens I'll let you guess where he'll go to ply his trade :D .

As for Berrick Barnes, like Cooper he cuts it for the wallabies, a side that while maybe not up to the lofty heights of the club teams you mentioned (ORLY?) still manages to beat their rep sides, you sure make an interesting assessment mate.
[/b][/quote]

The only assesment I'm making, mate, is that it ****** me off when a guy that has apparently never seen a player play in his team comes out of the blue and post a definitive judgement like that.
Matt Giteau's form hasn't been immaculate this season for the Force, and Berrick Barnes is there because you can't have only one 10 in the squad.
Anyway,the important point is that I have seen the games, while some haven't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 11 2008, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Dec 10 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 8 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quade Cooper ?
Kurtley Beale ?
Berrick Barnes ?

I've only seen Brock James play twice I think and yeah I thought he was good, so not having a dig. Yet he's 27 and has had time to mature, Quade Cooper and Beale are all of 20 (Cooper is maybe 21) and yet he's performing extremely well at an international level, whereas as Fushi quite bluntly put it, Brock couldn't really cut it over here at a provincial level. As for paying out Beale, chances are he will be replaced by Halangahu, and when that happens I'll let you guess where he'll go to ply his trade :D .

[/b][/quote]

The only assesment I'm making, mate, is that it ****** me off when a guy that has apparently never seen a player play in his team comes out of the blue and post a definitive judgement like that.
Matt Giteau's form hasn't been immaculate this season for the Force, and Berrick Barnes is there because you can't have only one 10 in the squad.
Anyway,the important point is that I have seen the games, while some haven't.
[/b][/quote]

This is hilarious. I never suggested that I hadn't seen Brock James play for Clermont. You did.

Berrick Barnes is an excellent player who really stood up in the World Cup last year after having no previous test experience. If given the chance I think he could easily shove Giteau out of the flyhalf position. He's got all the qualities of a good flyhalf, but unfortunately plays in a pretty crap provincial side. Anyways I rate Barnes a lot, LOT higher than Brock James.

No you said a side like Tolouse would not want to sign wallabies like Quade Cooper (Who the NZRU took a great deal of interest in) and Berrick Barnes. Apparently Skrela is of a higher calibre than those two.

I'm sorry you can't first off blame your test match defeat on Skrela being a mediocre player, then a few weeks later turn around and say a side like Tolouse (who just signed him) wouldn't touch two wallabies, one of whom was flirted with by the kiwis. That's rather, well, fickle, wouldn't you say?

Oh but i'm forgetting something.

So have you or have you not seen him play ? A simple answer will do, if that's something you can manage...

Btw I never said BJ was the best fly half in Europe, you assumed I did. ( i can do that to)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 11 2008, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So have you or have you not seen him play ? A simple answer will do, if that's something you can manage...

Btw I never said BJ was the best fly half in Europe, you assumed I did. ( i can do that to)[/b]

Actually, I didn't state or assume anything...

And yes, I've seen him play for Clermont. He's doing pretty well over there but it's probably not a good thing for France if he's regarded as one of the best in the competition when he wouldn't land a starting spot in the Super 14.....

Also, your statement that not one single player from the third ranked team in the world (aside from Giteau) would not make the starting XV in Clermont, Munster or Toulouse is absolutely ludicrous.

Especially when you've got high-class players such as George Smith or Stirling Mortlock who would automatically walk into the starting XV of any team in Europe.

Oh wait a second, Clermont is one of the teams ready to dump money on George Smith - http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...6-23217,00.html :p

Are you also suggesting that none of these NH team would be interested in a player like Stephen Moore - only a couple of years into his international career and highly regarded as one of the best hookers in the world? Would none of these teams be interested in our locks? Despite the fact that the Australian lineout wasn't even tested by their NH counterparts?

Yeah, that's what I thought......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Dec 11 2008, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 11 2008, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Btw I never said BJ was the best fly half in Europe, you assumed I did. ( i can do that to)[/b]

Actually, I didn't state or assume anything...

And yes, I've seen him play for Clermont. He's doing pretty well over there but it's probably not a good thing for France if he's regarded as one of the best in the competition when he wouldn't land a starting spot in the Super 14.....

Also, your statement that not one single player from the third ranked team in the world (aside from Giteau) would not make the starting XV in Clermont, Munster or Toulouse is absolutely ludicrous.

Especially when you've got high-class players such as George Smith or Stirling Mortlock who would automatically walk into the starting XV of any team in Europe.

Oh wait a second, Clermont is one of the teams ready to dump money on George Smith - http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...6-23217,00.html :p

Are you also suggesting that none of these NH team would be interested in a player like Stephen Moore - only a couple of years into his international career and highly regarded as one of the best hookers in the world? Would none of these teams be interested in our locks? Despite the fact that the Australian lineout wasn't even tested by their NH counterparts?

Yeah, that's what I thought......
[/b][/quote]

I quote you: That's right...

BROCK JAAAAMES IS DA BESTEST FLYHAAAALF IN THE WOOORLLLDZZZZZ!!!$$$##@@!! ;)

If you read properly you'll see that I was speaking of the FH role. Comparing Kurtley Beale with G Smith or S Mortlock is absurd.

I don't know why you speak of hookers and locks since the subject was fly halves but anyway...
No I don't think any high profile team would be interested in Stephen Moore given the laughing stock that is the Australian scrum, esp the front row. We prefer front rows that can scrummage and do the dirty work ( argentinians, georgians, romanians), even if they can't step or pass 20 meters.
regarded as one of the best hookers in the world :lol: By the Autralian press surely ? Mario Ledesma, John Smit, Andrew Hore, Kevin Mealamu, Dimitri Szarsewski, they're all better than him.

Latest posts