• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clermont vs Perpignan TOP 14 final

M

Mr.cyclopede

Glad to see quite new TOP 14 final opponents, even if we can't clearly identify Clermont as a newbie with a third final for the last 3 years.

Clermont to win by 15 pts. The victory versus Toulouse showed that the mental had improved, even if Toulouse motivation was here not on the top.
Toulouse's issues might be stronger that it appears with a lot of problem to score tries in their latest matches.

On the other side Perpignan who arrived at the first place before the knock-off stage, had real difficulties to get rid of a poor Stade Français which prooved that it was definitely relying on their individualities. Did not believe that Carter could have change something for a 6 month contract, but now admit that such a joker could have been a key here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jun 4 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Glad to see quite new TOP 14 final opponents, even if we can't clearly identify Clermont as a newbie with a third final for the last 3 years.

Clermont to win by 15 pts. The victory versus Toulouse showed that the mental had improved, even if Toulouse motivation was here not on the top.
Toulouse's issues might be stronger that it appears with a lot of problem to score tries in their latest matches.

On the other side Perpignan who arrived at the first place before the knock-off stage, had real difficulties to get rid of a poor Stade Français which prooved that it was definitely relying on their individualities. Did not believe that Carter could have change something for a 6 month contract, but now admit that such a joker could have been a key here.[/b]

Perpignan were leading during the whole game though, and they never really looked like losing after that first try they scored (which shouldn't have been awarded by the way).
I'd love to see them win the final, their season clearly deserves it. Hope to see a lot from young Mermoz too, he had a cracker of a game against Paris and made Bastareaud look even more ridiculous.
But a Clermont win would be a nice story too, after losing 9 finals.

In the end, my bet goes on Perpignan.

Brock James was outstanding against Toulouse but I can see USAP snatching this one...I've just started watching Top14 rugby against recently. Is Chris Cusiter in the XXII...is that a stupid question?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 5 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Brock James was outstanding against Toulouse but I can see USAP snatching this one...I've just started watching Top14 rugby against recently. Is Chris Cusiter in the XXII...is that a stupid question?[/b]

Go Clermont Go

Pity for Zirakashvili's Trauma of the knee <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Once again Clermont lose in the final, it was their tenth final in the French championship, and their tenth defeat. Can't help but to feel for them a little.
Perpignan surprise team of the year, we expected them to be good of course but that good? They finished first of the championship phase, disposed easily of Paris in the semi and again against Clermont in the final.
Despite all that, the press always put them as outsiders which probably helped them create that awesome spirit they had during the whole year.
Next year's top 14 will be, as every year, the best ever with an honour to restore on the european scene for french clubs, the arrival of Racing Metro 92 and their fat bank account, Wilkinson and maybe Habana joining Toulon, and plenty more things that make me happy to be a french supporter

Well it seems that Clermont has beaten Clermont.

As the previous 2 finals, Clermont's outwitted and gave all the elements to their opponent to get the slef confidence.
The both tries were splendid, but the yellow forwards gave up in the second half and the global resignation after Perpignan's try could make us believe that the specific ASM ghost was overflying every mind.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jun 7 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

As the previous 2 finals, Clermont's outwitted and gave all the elements to their opponent to get the slef confidence.
The both tries were splendid, but the yellow forwards gave up in the second half and the global resignation after Perpignan's try could make us believe that the specific ASM ghost was overflying every mind.[/b]

I agree your idea about Clermont's "suicide"

They play strange all the finals

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jun 6 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The both tries were splendid, but the yellow forwards gave up in the second half and the global resignation after Perpignan's try could make us believe that the specific ASM ghost was overflying every mind.[/b]
That's it exactly! Same old f***in' nightmare!... Unbelievable!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASM70 @ Jun 16 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 15 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASM70 @ Jun 16 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's it exactly! Same old f***in' nightmare!... Unbelievable!!![/b]

Do something with your boys :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
[/b][/quote]
I'm afraid we are jinxed...
[/b][/quote]

Promise them something good reward for win

Latest posts