Colin Mcrae killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by melon, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melon

melon Guest

I just heard this on the radio and straight away googled it. Apparently Colin's son has already been identified, however it is only a matter of time before Colin is confirmed dead as well.

What a tradgedy :(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/mor...icle2461339.ece

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gFFb9b...d_c6S4rRTNuCqEw
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </span>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Substitute

Substitute Guest

I have to admit I know little of Rally Driving, yet this guy had the ability and the personality to become known to guys like me. Obviously a supremely talented driver and it is always sad to see someone so talented die so young. Sadly made even more tragic by the eath of children as well. My condolences go to the McRae family. (I'm still hoping there is a slim chance he got away but it doesn't sound at all likely.)

4. Dmx#1

Dmx#1 Guest

The good die young rest in peace Colin Mcrae.

5. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Terrible News to the World of Motorsport, he was truely the driver who brought Rally to the Masses, especially with his highly successful franchise of games... If and as unfortunately expect to hear the news later today confirming his death the world of motorsport will have lost a huge huge personality, I was lucky enough to see him and have a brief chat to him at Goodwood last year, such a fantastic bloke but also an amazing driver...

6. Sebbie

Sebbie Guest

that's very sad news. RIP.

7. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

Sad, sad news. I also got to know of him through the successful rally game franchise.

Condolences to his family.

The following is not meant as a joke, I must stress that.

Isn't it bizarre that he managed to take thousands of hair-pin corners at speed, yet he dies in this way and it's not like there's corners in the sky.

The sad irony of routinely facing death on the ground and losing life in the sky is not lost on me.

Once again, a sad loss.

8. candybum

candybum Guest

so has he been confirmed as being in the helicopter?

legend of the sport!

9. mikey2k7

mikey2k7 Guest

It has just been confirmed during the f1 race at spa very sad and tragic news RIP Colin Mcrae

10. very sad news, a great loss to not only the motorsport comunity but also to scotland as a nation - a great ambasador for his country and truly represented what most scots are like. he will be remembered throught the world as a great rally driver - but in lanarkshire he will also be remembered for the help he gave to local buisnesses.

he was often regarded as as good a pilot as he was a rally driver - which makes you wonder what went wrong. (although the weather here was abismal yesterday, it wasnt anything out of the norm - conditions he knew well)

11. scooby

scooby Guest

it is confirmed that he was flying and one of his childs died with him

his wife and the other kid where not in the heli

12. Jordanas

Jordanas Guest

RIP Colin you were a great one

13. budbud

budbud Guest

Shocking, absolutely gutted.

14. wasps4eva

wasps4eva Guest

One of the biggest names in all of Motorsport, will be sincerely missed

R.I.P Colin.

15. huge129

huge129 Guest

terrible news, great driver and person

bad luck, not even in the track

16. totalpakaj

totalpakaj Guest

RIP Colin

17. Mario02

Mario02 Guest

great driver and better person.
    RIP Collin

18. crff

crff Guest

RIP Colin

19. vinhqwerty

vinhqwerty Guest

Rip. He was a legend.

20. unskilz

unskilz Guest

When I read this I could not believe it. R.I.P. Colin Mcrae. An absolute legend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!