• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

College Football

D

DC

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Oakland Raiders and California Golden Bears for as long as I live. Those have always been my teams and always will be... [/b]

Ah the Cal Bears i only somewhat like them because theyre the only team that can stand up to USC in the shitty pac-10!!

[/b][/quote]

What are you on about? The Pac 10 is always on par or better than the big 10, and every now and then rivals the SEC. But I believe we should start a college football thread to begin that debate.

[/b][/quote]

Now Now, let us compare conferences then..

Pac 10:
Arizona
Arizona State
Cal
Oregon State
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

Big Ten:
Ilinois
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
OHIO STATE
Penn State
Purdue
Wisconsin

Overall theyre evenly matched in terms of strength, with a possibility of power shifting to Big Ten.. Seeing as Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio State are all very formidable this year whereas in the Pac 10 USC and UCLA are the only two teams i'd call impressive this year..

this sport looks intense,sometimes i watch the NFL games but i never understand the game's rules
it seems a little bit complicate

college football needs to get something else other than voting to decide who's the best

ive always been a fan of a playoff similar to the DII style

so we can finally shut up those people who think

"boise state can win ***lezz!!!111"

Well first off I'll address the Pac-10/Big 10 debate.

This year should at bear minimum be extremely interesting. This will be the most tightly contested Pac-10 in while. Most teams are young and dangerous. The exception of course is USC, who is favourites to win the NC so long as Josh Booty plays up to his potential. Even if doesn't though, Sanchez will take over and the running game will be unstoppable. They have 4 blue chippers playing runningback, including the number 1 prospect this year, Joe McKnight. It'll be interesting to see how they share the football. They should be able to rely on the defence a fair bit too. Last year this D unit was probably the best in the country. This is an SEC style defence and if they played in the SEC their ppg stat would go way down. And the rest of the conference is really shaping up. It'll be a major disappointment if they don't go undefeated.

Oregon St. was 10-3 last year and are returning almost every starter. Their defence will be damn tough to beat this year, they're always a group of hardasses if nothing else. And their runningback Bernard is absolutly filthy. He put up 1300yards last year and no one heard about him because he played in Corvalis. I expect big things from them. They'll enter the top 15 then drop out and finish somewhere between 15 and 20 in the polls at the end of the year.

Washington will a surprising team this year, Tyrone Willingham has finally got a full group of recruits to come in and should be exciting even if they lost their quarterback. There will be a few stints in the top 25 this year but be 7-6 at the end of the year, 8-5 if everything goes well.

Arizona was a bit of a shock last year. They caused a bunch of upsets at home and were absolutly dangerous to mess with. They'll get some votes for the top 25 but I don't think they have the depth to compete with top tier teams.

Arizona st. will probably suck. They should have a pretty decent offence but no D, and they lost All-American TE Zach Miller, so that certainly hurts. I expect an upset or two in the desert. AzSt. will start quick out of the gates starting 4-1 maybe going 5-1 before they fall apart.

Cal lost Marshawn Lynch, and losing a heisman finalist is never easy but Forsett was very effective last year when he came in to replace Lynch. I think their running game should be just fine. Longshore is coming back at Qb and he'll team up with DeShaun Jackson. Longshore threw 3000yards in his first year as a starter and he'll only get better. Jackson is THE best WR in the country and by far the best return man. 10-2 is reasonably expectable. 11-1 is a definite possiblity as well. It all depends, but we could see two undefeated teams go at it late in the year for the Pac-10 ***le.

I'm not sure about Oregon. They should have a productive offence, well at least a productive running game. Jermiah Johnson and Jonathan Stewart are two very good backs. One of the best duo's in the country. If Dixon finally plays to his potential the three of them could be mighty productive. But i have a feeling Dixon will be **** again and it might be up to Brady Leaf, who has a strong arm, but little experience. I expect them to be a top 25 team at some point.

Let's skip over Stanford.

UCLA shouldn't be that good. They should have an above average defence, but I expect their offence to struggle. They'll finish at 6-6 or 5-7 on the year.

Washington St were an interesting team last year. Sometimes they looked great(beating USC) and sometimes, well not so much. They'd be lucky to get over .500.

That's my analysis of the Pac-10. There may be an assessment of the Big-10 soon.

The only American football I watch now is college. The professional, paid players get too much money and too much attention and usually end up getting into drugs, wife beating, etc... and give the good players a bad name.

First game I get to watch is tomorrow, August 29th and I can't wait. It's going to be a great year again. I'm a Big Ten supporter. My home state, Minnesota, isn't and probably will never be a powerhouse but I'll still hope that the Big Ten stays strong.

The only American football I watch now is college. The professional, paid players get too much money and too much attention and usually end up getting into drugs, wife beating, etc... and give the good players a bad name.

First game I get to watch is tomorrow, August 29th and I can't wait. It's going to be a great year again. I'm a Big Ten supporter. My home state, Minnesota, isn't and probably will never be a powerhouse but I'll still hope that the Big Ten stays strong. [/b]

I don't know what game you're watching. I too love college football much more than pro football, but your justifications are out there. Firstly the best players are getting properly compensated. They're getting paid just fine. Secondly, there is far more substance abuse in the college game than there is in the NFL, it's not even close. Fourthly, there are more arrests coming from Florida St. than there are the Bengals. And finally there is far more corruption in the college game than in the pros. For some reason I just can't stop watching it and I too am looking forward to this saturday on the couch watching all the action, especially the prime time matchup: Tennessee vs Cal.

tyler man the NFL sucks dick.. its boring, its pointless, and no one could give a damn if they win or lose because at the end of the day they are still going to get paid.

College Football is way better (more entertaining) than pro football
but it is kind of hard to watch some in central europe
hard enough to watch some nfl

cheers

sccobs

Arizona was a bit of a shock last year. They caused a bunch of upsets at home and were absolutly dangerous to mess with. They'll get some votes for the top 25 but I don't think they have the depth to compete with top tier teams.
[/b]

My cousin Willie Tuitama's seems to be doing alright this year (Probably because Landry's not there to give him a concussion...lol), From what I've read seems that the o-line needs have been fixed from last year, although I know he's playing more shotgun under Sonny Dykes. I'm just a bit worried about the running game. Has anyone watched any Arizona games this year? I only get to read the stats & recap on ESPN.

I prefer college football over NFL as well, it's just better to watch (what I get to see of it in Auzzie).

tyler man the NFL sucks dick.. its boring, its pointless, and no one could give a damn if they win or lose because at the end of the day they are still going to get paid. [/b]

This is all because the no one cared about that midget you were so high about... you know... whats his face... Tom Smith? You know, the one who brings Kyle Boller water on the sideline during the breaks and hold's his clipboard.

And the Big 10 blows this year... didn't Northwestern lose to Duke? Oh yeah, and whoever said the Pac 10 rivals the SEC is on drugs.

the SEC sucks

kentucky sucks
tennessee sucks
arkansas sucks
alabama sucks
auburn sucks
georgia sucks

should i go on?

i'd take the pac 10 vs big 10 over them any day.

The Big 10 can't hold the SEC's jockstrap. Ohio St. is the only half decent team in the conference this year.

The Big 10 can't hold the SEC's jockstrap. Ohio St. is the only half decent team in the conference this year. [/b]

The Big Ten is horrible this year. With my Nittany Lions choking against Michigan this past weekend, and with Wiscy and Iowa looking extremely average, Ohio State looks to be the front-runner to win the conference.

<div class='quotemain'> The Big 10 can't hold the SEC's jockstrap. Ohio St. is the only half decent team in the conference this year. [/b]

The Big Ten is horrible this year. With my Nittany Lions choking against Michigan this past weekend, and with Wiscy and Iowa looking extremely average, Ohio State looks to be the front-runner to win the conference.

[/b][/quote]

To tell you the truth I don't think Ohio st is that good at all this year, but they're better than the rest.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> The Big 10 can't hold the SEC's jockstrap. Ohio St. is the only half decent team in the conference this year. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

To tell you the truth I don't think Ohio st is that good at all this year, but they're better than the rest.

[/b][/quote]

I won't be shocked if Michigan claims the Big Ten. They got smoked by teams that have athletic QB's and run the spread offense. Michigan's defense is designed to stop the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type offenses, which is basically run by most B10 team with the exception of Purdue, Illinois and MSU (all of which are pretty bad and have horrible defenses).

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> The Big 10 can't hold the SEC's jockstrap. Ohio St. is the only half decent team in the conference this year. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Offense is shaky, defense is one of the best in the nations

say hello to Woody Ball!!

We can't run the spread this year but in the future i think we will get back to it.. our offense centers around Beanie.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> The Big 10 can't hold the SEC's jockstrap. Ohio St. is the only half decent team in the conference this year. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Offense is shaky, defense is one of the best in the nations

say hello to Woody Ball!!

We can't run the spread this year but in the future i think we will get back to it.. our offense centers around Beanie. [/b][/quote]

Well, I would rather have your offense that Penn State's. They couldn't score a touchdown against an awful Michigan defense. In fact, they didn't do very well against Notre Dame's D. If it weren't for PSU's defense, there is no doubt that we'd go under .500. Morelli is one of the worst QB's in college football!

looks like its gonna be USC vs Ohio State championship game!

And USF at 6... big east what a f***ing joke.

Not if LSU roll Kentucky and Florida who are both Top 10 ranked teams atm, if they can run the table in the SEC they will finish ranked First meaning it will be USC and whoever else scrapping for the Second Spot.

Latest posts