• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentators in Rugby 08

C

Cam1505

Do you guys think the commentators will stay the same in this version, personally I think EA are too lazy to fix this as well, as the commentary is up to sh*t. They usually mention these things on the box, so I assume they haven't "upgraded" or "changed" it. :redcard: Well done to you EA!!

i think the commentators will stay the same, although i think (although i hate both) Bryan moore and Eddie Butler would make good game commentators, o'r maybe Jonathon Davies. I like listening to the aussie commentators . O'r maybe give Bill McClaren a big cheque and get him to tear it up on the mic.
:cheers:

Well as they will have had to record new player names, I would like to think they will have thrown a few new phrases in there. Thats assuming they have used the same commentary team, which I think they will.

Well as they will have had to record new player names, I would like to think they will have thrown a few new phrases in there. Thats assuming they have used the same commentary team, which I think they will.
[/b]
its not that important who the commentary team is as long as they improve the commentry. i mean grant fox isn't a terrible commentator but they have to do something different . i agree though that they probably won't make any major changes. B)

sitting here listing to fifa 05 comentary i noticed that it sounds more natural then rugby 06. they sound like human beings talking not robots!

Yeah i dont really care who the commentators as long as they improve.I always wanted oscar and nathan to be the commentators in real life lol.

If EA truly want to create an excellent game then they should have 4 or 5 different commentators, at least 2 from each hemisphere and have them commentate games in their own hemisphere, even just do it randomly like Ricky Ponting Cricket, just so u have a little variation in the sayings. This is of course far to hard for EA and would cost more

Yeah that would be nice but the chances that EA would actually do that are minimal.

No doubt we'll get some classics phrases like:

"and the coach is pulling him off"

If EA truly want to create an excellent game then they should have 4 or 5 different commentators, at least 2 from each hemisphere and have them commentate games in their own hemisphere, even just do it randomly like Ricky Ponting Cricket, just so u have a little variation in the sayings. This is of course far to hard for EA and would cost more
[/b]
Yes that would make a truely excellent game. Good boy.

Does anyone find it funny when Grant Fox goes on a rampage talking about the brilliant defense, perhaps it is a glitch in my game but occasionally he just won't shut up about it..

i came across one line where he called the forwards "Fatties". :lol2tn: thought it was harsh but very funny at the same time.

I like listening to the aussie commentators.
[/b]

Me too. In reality they are so truely into the game and make it sound quite exciting, expressing their whole reactions to one action to the next and so on throughout the whole game. They would shout out "Whoa!!" for an example and this also happens quite a lot in Rugby League. They're just great commetators.

i honestly hate the aussie comentators, they are too biased, but that is said for all the comentators. from any country (south africas commentators are the worst)

i like the normal comentator, i dont like grant fox, he is so boring to listen to and those training videos are as bad as murrys the year before.

nz commentators are the worst tony johnson sounds like hes going to cry when a kiwi team looks like losing and grant nisbett doesnt know a thing about the game just like when he commentated the cricket

nz commentators are the worst tony johnson sounds like hes going to cry when a kiwi team looks like losing and grant nisbett doesnt know a thing about the game just like when he commentated the cricket
[/b]

have to agree about our NZ commentaors, and especially about Nisbett. He is a good comments man but does not understand the game particularly well.

the australians are the best commentators. they naturally cheer for their own team (but so do all, the aussies just arent ashamed of it) but make some hilarious calls and they obviously have a lot of fun. kearns in particular is great.

i just wish we could import the Aussie league commentary team for 08, especially the footy show boys with Ray leading the pack and Phil Gould with his insightful sideline comments. BUT NO JASON COSTIGAN!

Latest posts