• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentators in Rugby 08

I just remembered in the Argentina vs All Blacks game after one Argie player scored from dribbling the rugby ball with his feets, then leading to a try. Then the Argie commentator said proudly, "Welcome to soccerland!"...dead silence. :D The kiwi commentators weren't being that supportive. :toss:

<div class='quotemain'>
I like listening to the aussie commentators.
[/b]

Me too. In reality they are so truely into the game and make it sound quite exciting, expressing their whole reactions to one action to the next and so on throughout the whole game. They would shout out "Whoa!!" for an example and this also happens quite a lot in Rugby League. They're just great commetators.
[/b][/quote]

I liked it in the Super 14. I think it was Reds vs Waratahs. Ben Tune got the ball and went over for the tyr and the commentators shouted tune tune tune ben tune tune ben tune tune for about 10 seconds.

I personally couldn't give a rat's ass about the commentary, it's so far down on my wish list for the next rugby installment and to be perfectly honest once you've played through the game a few times the commentary is all the same anyway and most often I'll switch it off or play without sound. Better atmospheric sounds such as crowds, weather, maybe the refs calls and impact sounds would add a lot more to the game than commentators.

Oooo, George Hook!
[/b]

:lol: Are you mad? The only thing worse than that would be Ryle Nugent, though I'd laugh my head off if he got the job. Ireland's practical joke on the EA rugby world.

yeah the new zealand commentators like the All Blacks too much, or if its super 14 they are all aucklanders or wellingtonians, and they hate canterbury so i get it when they play canterbury they hate us but when the all blacks play its all about them.

just keep the current commentator for one more itteration and then get someone new.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Me too. In reality they are so truely into the game and make it sound quite exciting, expressing their whole reactions to one action to the next and so on throughout the whole game. They would shout out "Whoa!!" for an example and this also happens quite a lot in Rugby League. They're just great commetators.
[/b][/quote]

I liked it in the Super 14. I think it was Reds vs Waratahs. Ben Tune got the ball and went over for the tyr and the commentators shouted tune tune tune ben tune tune ben tune tune for about 10 seconds.
[/b][/quote]

The Aussie team of commentators are the best.....Greg Clarke and Phil Kearns....great humour and their one liners are way better than Mexted's rehearsed lame words! When the aussie commetators are backing their players you really feel the pain. When the Aussie teams are not doing well they seem to praise your team like they were invincible! All in all their commentary is very lively.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

The Aussie team of commentators are the best.....Greg Clarke and Phil Kearns....great humour and their one liners are way better than Mexted's rehearsed lame words! When the aussie commetators are backing their players you really feel the pain. When the Aussie teams are not doing well they seem to praise your team like they were invincible! All in all their commentary is very lively.

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for giving those two names, I'll try and remember them. :D

<div class='quotemain'>
nz commentators are the worst tony johnson sounds like hes going to cry when a kiwi team looks like losing and grant nisbett doesnt know a thing about the game just like when he commentated the cricket
[/b]

have to agree about our NZ commentaors, and especially about Nisbett. He is a good comments man but does not understand the game particularly well.

[/b][/quote]

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!! NZ COMMENTARY IS THE BEST RUN IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :%#%#:

By the sounds of it I'd have those two over Brian Moore and Eddie Butler anyday.

"Trust you to find a cloud in every silver lining, Brian." If I hear one more Anglo-Welsh argument from those two jokes I will smash my telly. This is like not knowing rugby and then arguing for the sake of arguing - it really does my head in.

i like Phil Kearns he is so funny.. aussie commentators are fine.. it would be good to have him in the game

Latest posts