• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

COMPARED TO MADDEN & ESPN NFL

madden is way better maby the graphics espn is a little better but no way in gameplay is it better.

even nfl players play madden in a competetiion instead of espn.Since ive come to canada ive watched the cfl and nfl and have an interest in the sport and madden completes the gameplay better there is really nothing more you can ask for even there season where your a manager is way better than espns.

and yes espn came out before madden and it was cheaper i played both and have played both of them from the start of the battle.

in basketball and hockey i give it up for espn but not football.Madden was more expensive and still sold way more they have the legendary john madden working on the game every year nfl players get together for a competition of whose the best madden player.

and try reading reviews from playstation megazine inmstead of websites or e3's reviews websites are ok but dont count for a damn thing.

madden joined up with segas espn because they bought a license from espn didnt they.

madden rules!
<

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Apr 1 2005, 09:29 PM
madden is way better maby the graphics espn is a little better but no way in gameplay is it better.

even nfl players play madden in a competetiion instead of espn.Since ive come to canada ive watched the cfl and nfl and have an interest in the sport and madden completes the gameplay better there is really nothing more you can ask for even there season where your a manager is way better than espns.

and yes espn came out before madden and it was cheaper i played both and have played both of them from the start of the battle.

in basketball and hockey i give it up for espn but not football.Madden was more expensive and still sold way more they have the legendary john madden working on the game every year nfl players get together for a competition of whose the best madden player.
As i said mate, I absolutely loathe anything NFL related, but from what I've read and heard ESPN is a significantly superior game... I don't like soccer games much either, but everyone I know who likes soccer says PES kills FIFA, even though FIFA has a bigger budget and out sells PES... I wouldn't know personally, but thats the feedback I get from games reviews and people I know who like the games.
It's the same with NFL games.
All I'm saying is that it seems like all the people who stick up for MADDEN are just sticking up for a brand name... There doesn't seem to be anything about madden thats better than ESPN (not that I've head/read) other than the fact that it's a more established ***le and sells more... *read starbucks comment*

if it sells more doesnt it mean its better........i love both games but ive said before madden starts all the trends like the individual assighnments on the fly instead of each player just following the playbook you can have each player do what you want them to are have em all come up like theyre going to blitz but they end up all sticking to diff assighnments easpn has nevber done something before madden except for the 1st person view which is kinda crap really it doesnt work as well as you think it would.

i like madden better because of the gameplay or how they set the trend of bringing new stuff like when they introduced scrambling real well in madden 2004 after micheal vicks performance that season.

e3 and playstation megazine rated madden the best i think it was xbox megazine which voted its football game the best i forget the name now but it has payton manning on the cover and thats the worst outa of all 3 maby more on gamedays level lol.

There's no question that Sega's game was superior.
(Note the emphasis on "was.")

And to say Sega didn't originate anything is garbage.
Their Online Leagues alone blow away and EA innovaton over the past 5 years.

That being said, I switched to Madden as soon as I found out that ESPN is no more.
Then I promply moved into the top 3000 online.

It's that easy.

who cares there is one game that rules above both espn and madden and that game is (drum Roll) Rugby 2005. Why because it is rugby and I enjoy rugby more than American Football. Rugby 2005 hopefully sells well enough for EA to give the next rugby game more money and time which hopefully will mean a better game for us the fans.

I would just like to clarify, with reference to espn 2k5, ive been talking about the xbox version, the ps2 version is not that great. The haftime and post game shows are awsome, not to mention the gamecast and NFL primetime, all of these allow to watch real highlights from your own game!! this is amazing!! Like real football(only on xbox) when you combine this with the graphics(xbox only) and the animation, oh my god!! the animation, it looks so real!! they have a shoulder charge!! The hits are huge , players react to up three different defenders hitting from different directions, and its hard, madden can be conquered with a few simple moves over and over on any difficulty, espn just has so much depth, and its all player related no setting hotdog prices and creating fans, its all about preparing your team for the next game, and dont even get me started on weekly prep. ESPN is the game I always hoped madden would be year after year, but if you look at madden 2001 all the way to 2005 its scary how alike they are! they know theyre gonna sell big so do **** all work. When u look at espn 2k4 and 2k5 u can see how much it is possible improve in your yearly update, this showed gamers around the world what madden should have been doing, but didnt bother, so, instead of admitting their neglagence and apologising by giving us a game to rival espn, they take a huge wad of cash and beat espn to death with it. EA have robbed me for the past 4 years with their yearly "expansion packs" and now theyve robbed of ESPN football too!!!!

its the same as the ps2 version all the things you have stated are the same.

ive also played madden and espn on both consoles there the same evrything excet the graphics.

do you know who started the carear mode with setting the hot dog prices and getting players to watch film to build there speed madden started that.

but i dont really care i was just stating my opinion take it for what its worth nothing if you like espn good if u like madden good.

Madden started most of the things you see in ESPN, espn just done a better job of it! I know madden started the hotdog price thing!! ESPN does not have this, and nor should it. If I cared about that id just develope my own game called Hotdog Stand Manager 2005, if its not football leave it out.

Ps2 version only has still shots for highlights!! have you even played it for long enough to notice this!!??

anyone who thinks madden is better give some better reasons than just coz, or they sold more copies, I know this, just tell me how its better as a game?!!

By the time the Rugby series gets to the standard of EA's Madden, I'll proberbly have died of old age. EA just won't put that many resourses into a game they see as made especially for New Zealand and Australia.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 2 2005, 07:08 PM
By the time the Rugby series gets to the standard of EA's Madden, I'll proberbly have died of old age. EA just won't put that many resourses into a game they see as made especially for New Zealand and Australia.
I'd actually say they'd be more focussed on the UK and European market to honest....
Australia only has a population of 20 million and only 2 provinces follow rugby seriously... in NZ it's the national game, but there is only 4 million people in the whole country...
Realistically, they'd probably sell more copies in the US than Aus and NZ combined...
France and the UK on the other hand would probably offer a fair bit more.

It's only has an unlisenced European cup and no NH leagues, nay it does have the Super 12.

I agree that more copies would get sold in the north, but the yanks see rugby as a predominantly Pacific rim sport, so focus most of their efforts on those nations.

Hell, if Aus had beaten england 2 years ago, I reckon there woul;d be even less effort put into the NH teams and stadia than they did (just look how **** the NH stadia look in the game apart from HQ)

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 2 2005, 07:29 PM
It's only has an unlisenced European cup and no NH leagues, nay it does have the Super 12.

I agree that more copies would get sold in the north, but the yanks see rugby as a predominantly Pacific rim sport, so focus most of their efforts on those nations.
You'd think they wouldn't be that naive... considering it was invented in ENGLAND!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hell, if Aus had beaten england 2 years ago, I reckon there woul;d be even less effort put into the NH teams and stadia than they did (just look how **** the NH stadia look in the game apart from HQ)[/b]

Got news for you mate, the SH stadia aren't exactly accurate either... Go rent a copy of ESLRL if you want to see what Aus and NZ stadia are SUPPOSED to look like.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 2 2005, 07:29 PM

You'd think they wouldn't be that naive... considering it was invented in ENGLAND![/b]

You'd think, would you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Hell, if Aus had beaten england 2 years ago, I reckon there woul;d be even less effort put into the NH teams and stadia than they did (just look how **** the NH stadia look in the game apart from HQ)[/b]

Got news for you mate, the SH stadia aren't exactly accurate either... Go rent a copy of ESLRL if you want to see what Aus and NZ stadia are SUPPOSED to look like.[/b][/quote]

Fair enough - The main thing I noticed is where the players leave the tunnel at the Northampton stadium in the game, in real life they would be walking out of the main bar!
<

i think we gotta wait for a konami tokyo release to have a great rugby game !!
<

Latest posts