• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

COMPARED TO MADDEN & ESPN NFL

When you consider that PES4 is Winning Eleven 9, it'll be a few years until they can make a rugby game of quality n'all...
<

japanese game developers can make something out of nothing

it'll be funny to see their version of rugby

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 3 2005, 01:06 AM
When you consider that PES4 is Winning Eleven 9, it'll be a few years until they can make a rugby game of quality n'all...
<
Sorry man i don't agree at all. firstly pes 4 is winning eleven 8 and not 9.secondly i have played all the other versions of winning eleven produced by konamy tokyo and they all were great,and above all they were better than the european versions (iss pro evolution and then pro evolution soccer).the first winning eleveni played was winning eleven 4!!!
<

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 3 2005, 01:09 AM
japanese game developers can make something out of nothing

it'll be funny to see their version of rugby
well i know u aussies and kiwis or pommies think u r rugby masters but we r talkin about producin videogames and nobody can beat japanese then in my humble opinion.U just have to considerate we italians are way better than japanese in football but they produce winning eleven series (aka pes)

Originally posted by Badboy+Apr 3 2005, 11:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Apr 3 2005, 11:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Apr 3 2005, 01:06 AM
When you consider that  PES4 is Winning Eleven 9, it'll be a few years until they can make a rugby game of quality n'all...
<
Sorry man i don't agree at all. firstly pes 4 is winning eleven 8 and not 9.secondly i have played all the other versions of winning eleven produced by konamy tokyo and they all were great,and above all they were better than the european versions (iss pro evolution and then pro evolution soccer).the first winning eleveni played was winning eleven 4!!!
<
[/b]
Still means that is gonna be the best part of a decade, if Konami even start Rugby game, which is doubtful, before a rugby game of PES4's standard is reached.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Apr 3 2005, 11:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Apr 3 2005, 11:29 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Badboy@Apr 3 2005, 11:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
When you consider that  PES4 is Winning Eleven 9, it'll be a few years until they can make a rugby game of quality n'all...
<

<
Still means that is gonna be the best part of a decade, if Konami even start Rugby game, which is doubtful, before a rugby game of PES4's standard is reached. [/b]
Why? Who's to day they won't use their experience with the PES games to make a great rugby game?

If anyone can do it the japs can, plus I heard that their was a rugby game released on PSone in japan only, so their must be a market.

I think the bottom line is that developers won't put money into developing games unless they think it's going to sell loads and made them loads of money.

I guess they put loads more into games like Madden coz NFL is so big in the USA. Soccer is big worldwide, so people like EA, Konami, etc will pump money into developing those games.

The problem with rugby is not so much that it's difficult to translate into a video game experience, more that it's only got much of a following in the UK, Ireland, France, Oz, NZ and RSA, it's un-heard of or a fringe sport in most of the rest of the world.

If rugby was a big sport in the USA, we'd have had millions spent each year on developing good rugby games.

I hope that rugby 2004 sells enough to convince EA to put more money into developing it and bringing out better versions of it each year.

Madden and esnp have got better each year, though probably not enough to justify the price tag (Madden in particular). We all know what the shite points of rugby 2005 are - the big question is whether EA will see it as economically worthwhile to develop the game on an annual basis.

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 3 2005, 11:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Apr 3 2005, 11:50 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 3 2005, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
<

<

Still means that is gonna be the best part of a decade, if Konami even start Rugby game, which is doubtful, before a rugby game of PES4's standard is reached.
Why? Who's to day they won't use their experience with the PES games to make a great rugby game? [/b]
We can all hope I'm wrong, but I really can't see Steve Landers face on a copy of 'Pro Evoloution Rugby' apearing in EB anytime soon.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Apr 3 2005, 08:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Apr 3 2005, 08:01 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 3 2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 3 2005, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
<

<

Why? Who's to day they won't use their experience with the PES games to make a great rugby game?
We can all hope I'm wrong, but I really can't see Steve Landers face on a copy of 'Pro Evoloution Rugby' apearing in EB anytime soon. [/b]
Obviously... But it was a hypothetical scenario from the start.

ESPN not justifying the price tag!!? come on!! its 19.99 US!! half the price of madden and worth every penny. 2004 sold half a million copies, 2005 will beat this easy, the better it does the bigger its budget will be each year so hopefully eventually well get something high quality that lasts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If anyone can do it the japs can, plus I heard that their was a rugby game released on PSone in japan only, so their must be a market.[/b]

That was "Great Rugby"...or Johan Lomu Rugby as us Westerners called it

if Konami released a game next week or even tomorrow would you guys buy the game?

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 4 2005, 11:09 PM
if Konami released a game next week or even tomorrow would you guys buy the game?
The people behind PES? That Konami?

With out a second's delay......they could just rename their company Gameplay Nirvana.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Apr 4 2005, 11:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Apr 4 2005, 11:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Apr 4 2005, 11:09 PM
The people behind PES? That Konami?

With out a second's delay......they could just rename their company Gameplay Nirvana. [/b]
<
yeah

Latest posts