• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Concession Speech

Nubiwan

Bench Player
Need some ideas for a "jovial/bitter" concession speech.

You see, I was captain of a provincial side that lost to an underdog some 30 years ago. It was a close rubbish game (13-9 or something) , but a game we normally would have won by 30 plus points. No point going into the minutiae of the game, suffice to say it was as forgettable an event for us, as it was memorable for the victor. It is the only time they have won this game in their history,. Anyway, they are celebrating this event by marking a 30 year anniversary this weekend (Nov 12). Yeah, I need some responses quick.

I searched on here for some humorous post game speeches, and also on the web, but could find nothing. My plan is to retrieve an old gnarly scrap of paper from my pocket under the guise that I had kept my post match speech. Then proceed to blame the officials, TMO (didn't exist yet), our selection, our front row, the weather, being hungover etc.

Feel free to share some ideas. Surprised there isn't a post on here with reference to post game captain speeches, which were part and parcel of the sport before the professional nonsense.

Cheers all

How about
Stands up
Fumbles in pocket for piece of paper
Looks at it
"bugger"
sits down.

Stands up straight away and actually gives a speech