TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Yoe.....................just for you!!

http://www.sudouest.fr/2013/04/15/pas-de-revolution-1025110-5103.php

y David Arnaud

Paul Goze, president of the National Rugby League, "not revolution"

President of the National League does not intend to significantly increase the resources given to the France team before today's opening of negotiations with the Federation.

1025110_1010238_460x306.jpg

Paul Goze wants to establish a quota of eligible players on the game sheet. (Photo pqr)

The league and the Federation begin today in Paris the renegotiation of the agreement between them. NRL side, the discussions will be led by Paul Goze, Rene Fontes (Clermont), René Bouscatel (Toulouse) and Patrick Wolff while Serge Blanco will his cap member of the steering committee of the federation.
Saturday, Paul Goze received "South West", to explain in what state of mind the NRL approached this important event for the French rugby, and especially for the future of the team of France. Because it is about the status of international only are the main points of friction between the institutions.

"South West" Philippe Saint-André says the new Federation-League convention will decide the future Fifteen of France for the next ten years. The challenge is it to such a degree?
Paul Goze No. First, because the agreement will last only four years.The dramatization is part of the psychological warfare before each negotiation.
Will you place the France team at the center of this device?
I do not think that rugby clubs must sacrifice himself for the team of France. Certainly, it is essential. Professional rugby is not installed on all the French territory, the Fifteen France is our showcase. But you can continue to have an attractive and a beautiful championship team France. The two are not incompatible.
When the team of France finished in last place in the tournament, the whole image of French rugby is affected. No?
Course. But I do not infer that the Top 14 is at fault. I am sorry and disappointed this last place but my analysis goes beyond the statement: "It is the fault of the championship."
You reject the arguments of St. Andrew when he felt before the tournament that his team was not going to equal opportunity.
Completely. I do not think five days more or less preparation is an essential difference. What I see is that it also might keep players from the match against Wales and England since there was a day when the Top 14 international could not participate and that did not.
But the agreement does not allow him ...
Yeah this is an absurdity. This is Saint-André, who returned the players in the clubs. I was surprised the first. It is a crazy thing. All this is not serious. Again, there is no question that either scapegoats for poor performance of the Blues.
Supervision of Fifteen France expressed wishes of the provision of the players, limiting the number of matches. Are you ready to make concessions?
I do not mean they will make no effort for the team of France, but do not enter false debate. Three matches more or less in a season, it is meaningless. If there was a significant difference in 15 matches between players of two nations, one might ask.
Do not expect significant changes in favor of Fifteen of France?
Not. There will be no revolution. And I do not see the need. It is not a question of money. I believe that the compromise is not bad. It was a finalist for the World Cup we could have won and we have the best league in the world. We make adjustments to perfect the system, okay.But we will not change anything.
The lament of St. Andrew, I know. I heard thomas, Laporte, Lievremont sing. The only argument I remember everything in Saint-André has said, is that lack of players in certain positions.
Are you ready to impose a quota of eligible players on the game sheet?
Yes. I will not tell you a number today. But I think that this problem is important. We will impose a limit on players JIFF the match and set up an incentive system in the style of English from the season 2014-2015.The clubs will receive more money and more.
Let's talk about the Top 14 economy five years ago, Biarritz and Perpignan were two locomotives of French rugby. Today, these two clubs are struggling financially. What does it inspire you?
First, they are not the only ones in the red. Rugby must learn to live with its resources. The decisions we take this week concerning the limitation of payroll are important, if not soon only large cities have clubs Top 14.
Developments over the past five years has it been badly managed?
When I assumed the presidency of the USAP in 2007, there were Auch, Albi, Mont-de-Marsan, Dax, Montauban, Bourgoin. In the middle, I felt forecastle. Today, there are Racing, Toulon, Montpellier has changed in stature soon Lyon. And I feel less strong. It is that the landscape has changed and there is development but we must find a balance and avoid excesses.
The most powerful clubs are they too fast?
The problem is that not all live in the economy of rugby. Shareholders fund a structural deficit.
We will not curb the initiative, but should prevent smaller are dropped.
The limitation of payroll is the only tool you have?
This is the most important lever. We would like to establish a system of financial fair play.
How your speech is perceived by these new presidents coming from the business world?
They feel like people who own a Ferrari and are forced to drive at 130 km / h on the highway. We must understand that the championship will lose its appeal if they are two or three fighting.
Rugby is a sport that does not support large differences in resources, staffing.
To keep a competitive balance, keep a financial balance. But the big clubs also aspire to stabilization. You can not stay on the same pace as the last ten years.
Advanced on JIFF
If Paul Goze is reluctant about the possibility of granting more resources to the France team, however the idea of ​​imposing, as in England, a quota of eligible players on match sheets constitute a small revolution. Players from the system of training courses has shown its limits. The required percentage door effect on the overall strength of a professional club (35 contracts). 50% JIFF this season, the next 60%: this was the initial goal.
In fact, players with the label, are recruited to the number, not necessarily to play. At the end of the tournament, St. Andrew presented a state of three selectable positions where French rugby is outstanding players: right pillar opener winger. The figures speak for themselves. On 36 pillars rights, only 8 are French, three are first choices. The proportions are equivalent to the opening (first 3 choices of 25) and the wing (6 of 42). Tank is thin for the coach of the Blues. System in both English and binding incentive may allow it to recharge? AD

haha, thx Tony !
Will check it out when my brain will allow better focus !!
Thank you thank you ! ;)

Latest posts