• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Confederations Cup

W

Wally

An unusually good 24 hours of football coming up this Wednesday. The Lions followed by the second State of Origin followed by the opening Confederations Cup clash, Australia verse Germany.

Australia to take the Cup out with ease.

they managed to score three against the germans
<

wow im shocked
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Jun 16 2005, 09:25 PM
they managed to score three against the germans 
<

wow im shocked
<
Me too. The Germans needed a faked penalty inside the box to clinch it. The thing I hate about soccer is that all the other teams are such pussies, it's embarrassing to watch the s hit they try and pull off for the sake of a free kick.

We're playing Argentina next, one the easier pool games. If we're on song we should win by about 10-12 goals. The real task will be when we play Tunisia in the last pool match.

Surprised to see such a good game in such a mickey mouse tournament. Bloody sound was shite though. At least it gives the Germans a chance to get rid of the gremlins ahead of next June.

Aussies played well, should put up a decent match against Argentina.

Greece v Brazil tonight has all the makings of a mismatch. Brazil should win by at least 3 or 4.

Mickey Mouse tournament.. as in not taken seriously? Well we are, it's not often Australia gets to play good opposition. The German media had apparently all week been writing off Australia as a muck around side on a free vaction, there just for the German women and pubs. They must have nearly choked on their bratwurst when they saw the half-time score.

Hopefully if we produce a good performance against the Argies we will send a shudder through the 5th placed South American side we'll have to conquer in order to return to Germany in 2006.

i think it is a good tournament, it give the littler teams a chance to pit there skills against the giants of the game.

Latest posts