• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Congratulations Anaheim Ducks

G

goranski

the Ducks have just beaten Ottawa 6-2 in Game 5 and claimed ice hockey's Holy Grail !

well done to Scott Niedermayer and all the troops as the Cup goes to Hollywood!

I'm shocked. Someone from the States that actually knows the Stanley Cup was even being played.

What a spectacular 2nd Period in Game 5!!

End to end, two fantastic shots, how the puck got stuck under Emray's foot was unbelievable, great hockey match!

I'm shocked. Someone from the States that actually knows the Stanley Cup was even being played.
[/b]

On our 3 News down here reported that one Canadian man who works in some business was questioning why the coverage of that final did not show live on TV. He directly phoned the TV 3 broadcasting company and simply just...asked for it. They kindly aired it on television (not sure if it was aired nationally), with him watching it in his own office with a couple of his other mates. They were not happy at the end but said something like "Lets watch rugby now".

:D

According to PTI a couple of days ago Game 3 of this series recorded the lowest prime time rating for any TV Show or Event in NBC History, being outranked by some show called "Make your Own Burger" on the Food Channel

According to PTI a couple of days ago Game 3 of this series recorded the lowest prime time rating for any TV Show or Event in NBC History, being outranked by some show called "Make your Own Burger" on the Food Channel
[/b]

"Make your Own Burger"? I hope it's helping America's obesity problem. :(

Congrats Anaheim, any team that beats the Wings is a worthy champion.
BTW, what happens when one day the Stanley Cup will be covered with names, and there's no place to engrave the names of the new holders?

I can't believe Disney won the Stanley Cup![/b]

Disney sold the team a few years back. However, a statue of Donald Duck dressed in goalie equipment is standing outside the stadium.

BTW, what happens when one day the Stanley Cup will be covered with names, and there's no place to engrave the names of the new holders?

[/b]

A layer of engravings is removed. They've done it a few times already, this year the '67 leafs are being removed from the cup which is a big fuss in Toronto, because there is no longer a leafs team on the cup any longer.

I can't believe Disney won the Stanley Cup![/b]
Disney sold the team a few years back. However, a statue of Donald Duck dressed in goalie equipment is standing outside the stadium.
[/b]

I still can't believe that Disney won the Stanley Cup.

Apparently Ice Hockey is pretty much dying in the States because the NHL sold the TV rites to some cable company which you have to pay extra to receive, and thus the audience for it, and thus participation, is in freefall.

I'm still undecided as to whether I like the game, or find it mind-numbingly boring. As I said above, Game 5 was an excellent game, but there are still periods of the game where there seems to be little skill in a hit up against the boards, flinging the puck down the ice, a hit on the boards at the other end of the ice, etc. Some of the skills and skating (and most particularly the goaltending) is incredible, but I did find large parts of games 3 and 4 exceedingly boring.

Latest posts