• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht v Llanelli

A

An Tarbh

I think the only thing in Connacht's favour ahead of this game is the fact that the Scarlets have had a very quick turnaround after their match with the Dragons.

The Scarlets have lost Dwayne Peel and Stephen Jones for this match while Connacht will be without Ofisa Treviranus, out with a shin injury for 10 weeks. Elsewhere Michael Swift (knee) and John Muldoon (back) are doubts, but Mel Deane, Keith Matthews and Liam Bibo should be back.

Scarlets took maximum points from their last visit to Galway and will be looking to do the same tomorrow evening.

Well given the weather all over the country I wouldn't imagine that conditions are condusive to the Llanelli gameplan, coming away with a win in these circumstances is never a bad result. That's only a half time score so plenty of time for the Scarlets

Now no time at all, 20 - 18 to Connacht and I declare our season officially over.

I wouldn't be so hasty on that call considering that Edinburgh did everyone a favour tonight, who's to say the Ospreys won't get the win tomorow at the RDS and keep everything nice and tight???

Well considering that the Ospreys are sending forth a team which would barely make the Cornish All Blacks tremble in their boots and considering Leinster's electric form recently I think the result is obvious.

Electric form??? is there something I'm missing here??? [/b]

Er...they are at the top of the Purgatory League and doing well in their HEC group...right?

Seriously, if you say that Munster or Llanelli or the Ospreys are doing better than Leinster right now I really will have to phone up the Loony farm to take you away. This is all very confusing, just what does constitute "doing well" in Purgatory? :blink:

Seriously, if Leinster lose to an Ospreys 2nd (or possibly 3rd) XV then that would be incredibly bad (...or good, hence the confusion) but that is highly unlikely.

well we're out of Europe and may well be top of the league but haven't been putting teams to the sword, backs have been in shite form, no bonus point on Stephen's Day, only 4 out 10 points against Edinburgh, a hiding in Toulouse. We've only put in 2 decent performances this season.

How did Andy Dunne play? I didn't see the game but 15 points seems quite impressive. On the three occasions I've seen him this year he's looked a class apart from everyone else on the field. Given Ireland's lack of depth at 10, Dunne could be a "bolter" into the 6 Nations squad - only Sexton can realistically challenge for the 2nd flyhalf spot now that Paddy Wallace has been confined to the centre.

EOS will really want his head examined if he doesn't have Sexton in the 22 for Italy, didn't see any of the match so can't say how Dunne played but given how little of a plan b there was in France then he has little choice but to bring these players into the senior squad.

Latest posts