• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht v Ospreys

A

An Tarbh

Connacht v Ospreys (Fri)

_44637156_connacht_ospreys_203x152.gif

Venue: The Sportsground Date: Friday, 9 May Kick-off: 1830 BST

Connacht coach Michael Bradley has made three changes for the Ospreys' visit, both sides' final game of the season.

Andy Dunne is at fly-half, lock Andrew Browne replaces the injured David Gannon and Ofisa Treviranus is back from five months out with a leg break.

Ex-Wales and Lions centre Mark Taylor will play his last game before retirement in an otherwise youthful Ospreys line-up.

The Ospreys are missing 19 players, 12 to Wales training and seven to injury.

Wing Kristian Phillips makes a full debut after coming off the bench in the midweek loss to the Dragons, making him - at 17 years and 250 days on Friday - the youngest player ever to start a Magners League game.

Bridgend prop Ryan Bevington could make a first appearance from the bench.

Shane Williams, Sonny Parker, Andrew Bishop, James Hook, Duncan Jones, Adam Jones, Huw Bennett, Ian Gough, Ian Evans, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones and Jonathan Thomas are with Wales.

Ben Lewis, Aled Brew, Lee Byrne, Gavin Henson, Mike Phillips, Nikki Walker and Andrew Millward make up the casualty list.

Fly-half Shaun Connor makes his 100th and final appearance for the Ospreys before a summer move to the Dragons.

"I'm delighted and honoured to be able to reach a century for the Ospreys," said Connor.

"I've enjoyed every moment of my time with the region and I've been privileged to work with an excellent coaching team that have achieved a lot in the game."

The Ospreys are the only team in the league not to have won a game away from home this season, and have lost their last seven Magners matches in Ireland.

However bottom-side Connacht have won just one of their last seven games and have eight players missing to injury.

Connacht: G Duffy; O Treviranus, M Deane, K Matthews, D Riordan; A Dunne, C McPhillips; B Wilkinson, A Flavin, R Morris, A Browne, A Farley (capt), J Muldoon, J O'Connor, C Rigney.
Replacements: J Fogarty, R Loughney, B McGovern, M McCarthy, C O'Loughlin, T Nathan, D Yapp.

Ospreys: Gareth Owen; Leigh Bevan, Mark Taylor, Jonathan Spratt, Kristian Phillips; Shaun Connor, Rhys Webb; Paul James (capt), Richard Hibbard, Cai Griffiths, Andy Lloyd, Lyndon Bateman, Hale T-Pole, Steve Tandy, Tom Smith.
Replacements: Ed Shervington, Ryan Bevington, Mike Powell, Marty Holah, Martin Roberts, Dan Biggar, Ashley Beck.

Referee: Neil Paterson (SRU).

BBC Sport

Latest posts