• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Conspiracy theories

Don't get sucked into these conspiracy theories...that's what they want you to do.

SB

OR we can look to how bill clinton neglected the opportunity to take captive Osama Bin Laden in the mid 90's when he was on the FBI's most wanted list.
[/b]

OR you could look at both. Or is your love of the Republicans really so blind?

<div class='quotemain'>
Also I believe you will find that the towers we demolished because of the way the collapsed, if they hadnt been laced with explosives in the basement, the towers would of toppled killing more civilians and also possibly taking out important buildings in the process which would of caused a financial meltdown...
[/b]
Die.

Originally posted by 'god'
All those loose change theories and the like are utter nonesense... the plane being shot down is certainly a possibilty, but the rest is just too over the top.

The only realistic suggestions of conspiracy is that the US government willfully neglected intelligence on the attacks so they would have a suitable catylst for the neo-cons more offensive foreign policy ideas
What gave it away - was it the part where it said they fell faster than the speed of gravity? or the part where it claimed Flight 93 didn't even crash?

And does that make the Clinton Administration part of the conspiracy for their slackness.
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely. To suggest that this is about one government and one party is ridiculous, it's just that the republicans are far more blatant in their foreign incursions. Clinton spent the most of the 90s trying to make China into the next big threat to have any real chance of sorting Bin Laden out. But what exactly did the republicans do in their first 8 months in office that was any better than this?

Seriously, I know you right wing cheer leaders think I'm on the democrats side cause I bag bush, but I'm not... I'm simply (and this is probably the 50th time I've had to say this) reminding people the IR is largely an amoral process. If the administration (Dem or Rep) considered it in their interest to ignore intelligence on Al Qaeda, then that's what they would have done. Offensive realist theory dictates that expansion is the greatest way to secure the realm, but in a democracy that's not a popular foreign policy agenda, so to have a bunch of bad guys to be chasing 'in a war on terror that has no end in sight' is a great help.

who had the first shot?

billy clinton

the purgery master

but im not saying the FBI and CIA didnt misread leads regarding Al Qaeda, but the FBI and CIA are not controlled by a political party

hmm i thought this thread was about conspiracy theories!

The first shot? Don't you think that's a rather moot point DC?... Technically Raegan had a shot when he was supporting Bin Laden in the Afgan war against the Soviets. But why would he? Back then Bin Laden was doing you a service against the 'evil empire'... but then that's the point isn't it? IR = no morals, whatever the party.

communism needed to be wiped out and if fueling an enemy meant that so be it

rather that then having the soviet union running the show in eastern europe today

take your pick

rather that then having the soviet union running the show in eastern europe today

take your pick
[/b]

You make it sound like one is clearly superior to the other.

It's not that cut and dry... There is a school of thought (defensive realism) that the cold war was far more stable than the current environment because you had perfect 'balance of power politics' in place in which the world is actually considered more stable. There was of course the threat of nuclear war, but this was largely nulified by the existence of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction).

Communism as a concept wasn't, but the governments of the Soviet Union still understood relative gains and the importance of survival as well as anyone.

take your pick
[/b]

You're correct, they don't run the show in Eastern Europe.

Today, Russia has the WHOLE of Europe (bar Norway) by the balls because it is they who control an ever increasing majority of Europe's gas supply.

Just because they are bankrupt, have an army smaller than that of the UK and have Nukes which are 30 years old and don't work dosen't mean that they can't cause chaos and mischeif :p

The biggest conspiracy theory that does hold up is the Non moon landing of Apollo 11.

It didn't happen, you can all say what you like, but this definately didn't happen.

That's my penny's worth.

The biggest conspiracy theory that does hold up is the Non moon landing of Apollo 11.

It didn't happen, you can all say what you like, but this definately didn't happen.

[/b]

Yeah the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people under the supervision of the reverse vampires orchestrated the whole thing.....or was it the Stonecutters!

stonecutters_parchment.gif

Shhh shut up!

Communism as a concept wasn't, but the governments of the Soviet Union still understood relative gains and the importance of survival as well as anyone.
[/b]

well yea it was a pretty good concept, but it probably ended up pissin people off that they had to be equal their whole lives.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

well yea it was a pretty good concept, but it probably ended up pissin people off that they had to be equal their whole lives.
[/b][/quote]

"I agree with you in THEORY Marge... In theory, communism works."

That was pretty much the problem... that whole equality thing didn't last long in pretty much any country its been tried in.

That's my penny's worth.
[/b]

yeah there is no point going to the moon when u have bigger fish to fry - ie remote controls buggies on MARS <_<

Actually... apart from competition with the Soviets, there really was no point to going to the moon. If they'd kept on with it and made it first part of some greater space exploration project (like they're talking about doing now) it would have been useful, but other than that it was just like "hey! lets see if we can go to the moon! It'd make great TV!"

Actually... apart from competition with the Soviets, there really was no point to going to the moon. If they'd kept on with it and made it first part of some greater space exploration project (like they're talking about doing now) it would have been useful, but other than that it was just like "hey! lets see if we can go to the moon! It'd make great TV!"
[/b]

mate going to the moon is huge..........it doesnt matter whom your racing against.......

going anywhere outside of the atmosphere is huge.........being able to walk around outside the atmosphere is huge

dont tell me pioneers only go to the top of Everest, just to beat another pioneer
or people only sail around the world solo, just to beat someone else to it

it not only made great TV......it proved we can go to that big white circle we see at night

without the apollo program and all other space programs, we would even consider space exploration or colonisation, like we are today........u gotto get ur feet wet somewhere to gauge the depth, and temperature, so to speak.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

mate going to the moon is huge..........it doesnt matter whom your racing against.......

going anywhere outside of the atmosphere is huge.........being able to walk around outside the atmosphere is huge

dont tell me pioneers only go to the top of Everest, just to beat another pioneer

it not only made great TV......it proved we can go to that big white circle we see at night

without the apollo program and all other space programs, we would even consider space exploration or colonisation, like we are today........u gotto get ur feet wet somewhere to gauge the depth, and temperature, so to speak.
[/b][/quote]

True. My point is that considering they haven't been back it makes it seem like a one off thing that they did just to prove a point... if they'd gone up and sent other missions that started to establish the moon as a launching pad for further space exploration it would have meant more in terms of our development. Don't get me wrong, getting there is one heck of a feat, but it seemed like that was where it ended in some ways (they've made other advances, but still...).

well yea a space exploration site would be good

but in all honesty we havent been there since cause there really isnt anything there i mean think about it

JFK was murdered by the Mafia/CIA.

Kurt Cobain didn't commit suicide cobain murder

M. Monroe was murdered.

The British and/or USA knew about the Pearl Harbour attack prior to it occuring.

a little less convincing is............

Bob Marley injected with cancer in his toe

John Lennon killed by 'mind controlled' assassin

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

True. My point is that considering they haven't been back it makes it seem like a one off thing that they did just to prove a point... if they'd gone up and sent other missions that started to establish the moon as a launching pad for further space exploration it would have meant more in terms of our development. Don't get me wrong, getting there is one heck of a feat, but it seemed like that was where it ended in some ways (they've made other advances, but still...).
[/b][/quote]

The Apollo 13 debacle mission stopped them from going furthur

They realised as you said there is not much there, even worth losing a billion $$ spacecraft and human beings lives........when Apollo 13 went pear shaped i believe that was the end of the moon mohicans

Latest posts