• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cornish Pirates +Waterloo

C

Cusker

I really want the Cornish Pirates to come up and give the prem a shot because Leeds and Earth ***ans have had there chances in the prem.I don't want Plymouth up, play a boring style of rugby and the people down there think there team is amazing from last time i whent down there when Bristol were in Div 1.What has happend to Waterloo :( my uncle is a fan you started of so well but are just falling apart i really want Waterloo to stay up! :cheers:

What has happend to Waterloo :( my uncle is a fan you started of so well but are just falling apart i really want Waterloo to stay up! :cheers:
[/b]

Sticking around in National One is looking a remote prospect at the moment...we've been out of our depth all season really. The brilliant win against the Pirates is conspicuous amongst the other results. It's just a bridge too far for an amateur club like ours.

No disrespect to the 'loo players, they were awesome last season in winning promotion, but it's a very steep learning curve.

SB

Well look at Bristol made the leap from Div 1 to the prem now look at us!Dont write yourself of just yet there are teams you can beat in Div 1.Just got to get behind your players as long as they give 100% what more can you ask! It's only the BP that are letting you down apart from that your level with most of the clubs fighting to stay up.

Well look at Bristol made the leap from Div 1 to the prem now look at us!Dont write yourself of just yet there are teams you can beat in Div 1.Just got to get behind your players as long as they give 100% what more can you ask! It's only the BP that are letting you down apart from that your level with most of the clubs fighting to stay up.
[/b]

Waterloo is a great little club. I'm with them come-what-may, that's a given. I'm just being pragmatic about the whole thing. There's no point mortgaging the club's future on an attempt to stay in a division where the rewards aren't even that impressive. Also there's no point getting disappointed if the boys who punched above there weight last season find it tough playing against much bigger clubs with tonnes more resources this time round.

Saying that however we've yet to play Sedge and Moseley and we've got Welsh and Nottingham coming up for the second time too. It's not hopeless but the squad is so small that any injury is immediately noticed. Our captain is playing on a dodgy foot and our most dangerous winger was spear tackled and broke his arm while playing Pertemps Bees.

Que sera sera.

Thats life!But you are still in there with a fighting chance.Only 5 points of the pace.

As A Roth ***ans Fan I saw Waterloo at our place back in September and it was a bit of a rout, 'loo faded quite badly in the last 20 minutes.

The difference between leagues is amazing. Everyone quite rightly goes on about how difficult it is to succeed in the Prem when promoted from Nat1 but the same applies from Nat2 to Nat1.

I didn't realise you guys were completely ameteur? It's a difficult league for a part time side never mind an ameteur one.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and I'll be there munching a pie and downing a few pints when we travel to your place in a few weeks time.

At an office watercooler somewhere in Liverpool...
"So, Charles, what were you up to over the weekend?"
"Well, Bill, I took the wife and kids out for breakfast, played against Leeds Tykes, made it to my brothers wedding rehersal, and did a little work in the garden on Sunday."
"Ah, bloody wedding rehersals, they really suck the life out of you, eh?"
"Sure do..."

If I find out that one of my long lost uncles is a Russian Oligarch, I'm going to give Waterloo like £200 Million.

If I find out that one of my long lost uncles is a Russian Oligarch, I'm going to give Waterloo like £200 Million.
[/b]

I like the way this is going.

SB