• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Could only be...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Rather like the grubber kick through a crowded defence, or the high kick to the winger in the corner, or the use of dummy runners in midfield, rugby union has taken far more from rugby league than was ever the case the other way round.[/b]
These I like. But they can have Andy Farrell back.

Because the two games have the word rugby in their ***les, this seems to make some morons think they share major common ground they can easily be combined. Two different games with separate laws & sets of fans... (ripped directly from another board):

As for a merge, why? They are 2 different sports but I guess that doesn't fill x-amount of column inches!! so.....

Motorbike racing and cars..... give them 3 wheels and do away with those

Tennis and badminton.... put the nets at Wimbledon on stilts and that does for those 2.

Ice hockey and Field hockey... global warming will see to that!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 8 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Because the two games have the word rugby in their ***les, this seems to make some morons think they share major common ground they can easily be combined. Two different games with separate laws & sets of fans... (ripped directly from another board):

As for a merge, why? They are 2 different sports but I guess that doesn't fill x-amount of column inches!! so.....

Motorbike racing and cars..... give them 3 wheels and do away with those

Tennis and badminton.... put the nets at Wimbledon on stilts and that does for those 2.

Ice hockey and Field hockey... global warming will see to that![/b]

LOL

Football and Football.... padded players with helmets kicking a round ball and smashing the **** out of each other (come to think, that sounds like fun :p)

Latest posts