• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Could there be additional INTERNATIONAL TEAM Tournaments in the game?

kovana

Bench Player
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
I know they are saying its only the RWC that will be in the game.

But they have the license of all the 6N teams.. So why can they not just include the 6N?
- ENG, IRE, ITA, FRA, SCOTS, WALES

Perhaps they can include as many international tournaments as possible...

The 4N for next year..
- Arg
- South Africa
- NZ
- AUS

The Pacific Nations cup with
- Samoa, Fiji, Tonga and Japan.

And perhaps a Nations Cup with the remaining WC teams..
- Namibia, Georgia, Romania, USA, Russia, Canada

Presto.. 20 teams all involved in a International tournament...

Then you can start adding others with slight changes...

A European Nations Cup with
- Georgia, Russia and Romania.. and the other 6N teams.

And even Others

Such as 'America's Cup'
- Argentina, USA, Canada

Celtic Cup
- Ireland, Wales, Scotland

Southern Hemisphere Championship
- RSA, NZL, AUS, SAMOA, FIJI, TONGA and ARG.

Super powers Cup
- CANADA, USA, JAPAN, RUSSIA

Pacific Rim Cup
- JAP, USA, CAN, SAM, TNG and FIJ...

---
The reason is because you want some longevity.. So please HB.. i hope you consider this as a serious suggestion.

Please discuss fellow members.

Cheers

Already been answered: No

I know.. But why CANT they at least add these tournaments...

I have been a fan of HB studios and their work for a long time.. I already understand the reason for no club teams.. But they have international teams.... Hopefully they can just add these tournaments in.. Is it that much of a hassle.?

I'd imagine that the problem with the 6N etc. is licensing
Not sure about putting in fictional tournaments, could come down to the licensing agreement with the IRB (as in, maybe the IRB said: You can have the world cup license only if it's the only tournament in the game)

Man this red tape license just sucks ey...

Surely the IRB would have a brain to know that you want to have a Rugby game with lasting appeal and that can expose more IRB tournaments as well..

:lol: Im so sure they are waiting for a developer for "Pacific Nations Cup 2012 Rugby" - Complete with 4 teams...

A real shame really. Shame that HB don't read these forums, and a shame that HB didn't/doesn't listen to want people want in their game.

I dont think its like that.. We have HBAJ around who answers the majority of our gameplay questions..

Hopefully he can answer this query as well... Would it be difficult to add tournaments.. Official and Fictional into the game?

I dont think its like that.. We have HBAJ around who answers the majority of our gameplay questions..

Hopefully he can answer this query as well... Would it be difficult to add tournaments.. Official and Fictional into the game?

Agreed. It would be difficult to add competitions now. But this game has been in development for a long while. I remember giving my input on what I would like to see in a game a long time ago. I feel that HB have really shot themselves in the foot with the lack of depth. However gameplay could swing everything in their favor when the games come out. I will be getting the demo but I really can't see myself playing this game come Halloween. So like I said; it's a real shame that HB didn't listen to the forum in the first case and add more competitions.

Would there be any reasons for difficulty in implementing fake tournaments?

Im gonna buy the game but i hope it fails big time

Yes they have. Especially gameplay wise.

i hope your being sarcastic there mate. From the trailer it doesn't look like they've changed a thing. How would you know, have you played the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope your being sarcastic there mate. From the trailer it doesn't look like they've changed a thing. How would you know, have you played the game?

I meant from what AJ has explained. They said they added more things to gameplay...

However, those were missing from the Trailer... Which is what i also was dissappointed about and posted it in the appropriate thread.

Now stop being immature with your posts.

im going to buy it because its a rugby game at the end of the day but i hope HB close down there rugby department after this and someone else can give it a try.

Latest posts