• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Could there be additional INTERNATIONAL TEAM Tournaments in the game?

Sidhe already gave it a try without wishing redundancy on a group of people

im going to buy it because its a rugby game at the end of the day but i hope HB close down there rugby department after this and someone else can give it a try.

Wow that's a pretty shocking statement... Have you played the game?

Unbelivable Jeff..

Some people who are wanting the guys at HB, who have worked hard to get a rugby game out to lets be honest a niche market, to lose their jobs over a 2-3 minute video that doesnt meet their expectations. Who the hell are you to wish that on them, they have been generous to even make the game let alone letting TRF have exclusivity in terms of updates. If you don't like how it looks then don't buy it, there will be plenty of people, myself among them who will buy the game.

I'm personally grateful to the guys active hb for making this game, and also the guys at sidhe too, its been far too long since we last had a Union game, and I'm sure that rwc 2011 will be pretty good

Im gonna buy the game but i hope it fails big time

i hope your being sarcastic there mate. From the trailer it doesn't look like they've changed a thing. How would you know, have you played the game?

Have you played? Or are you basing your judgment that HB should stop making rugby games on a trailer? Why don;t you read this review, by somebody who's actually played the game: http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?23296-Getofmeland-s-Review-of-Rugby-World-Cup-2011
They have changed it a hell of a lot, the main one being the rucking system, which funnily enough was the main point that the majority of TRF users made when they were asked to give suggestions. Hardly 'not listening' is it?
Wait till the demo before you start saying daft things like 'I hope it fails big time'

As the thread starter said all the teams are there for all these custom tournaments so although HB Studios haven't incorporated them in this time (a fair enough reason given that this was solely a World Cup game) theres nothing to stop any of us creating a Six Nations or Tri Nations tournament by playing exhibition matches and keeping score of points etc on a piece of paper.

im going to buy it because its a rugby game at the end of the day but i hope HB close down there rugby department after this and someone else can give it a try.

There is someone else trying, and thats Sidhe.

As the thread starter said all the teams are there for all these custom tournaments so although HB Studios haven't incorporated them in this time (a fair enough reason given that this was solely a World Cup game) theres nothing to stop any of us creating a Six Nations or Tri Nations tournament by playing exhibition matches and keeping score of points etc on a piece of paper.

Not sure if serious... :lol:

BUT i want a QUAD nations trophy!! Or a Pacific Nations Cup!

I do that with my mates on Rugby '06, for custom tourneys etc, so won't mind doing that for this new game either.

I do that with my mates on Rugby '06, for custom tourneys etc, so won't mind doing that for this new game either.

Haha what is this 1993? Implementing a create a tournament has been done for so many years on a lot of lesser platforms. Maybe a budgeting issue stopped them spending a day or two putting it in this game.. Pretty lame regardless.

Playing the actual world cup will be sweet (aside from no NZ/Aus and no stadiums), that is always good fun with a few mates. We used to do that with FIFA WC. Although I hope the AI is good enough to cause a few upsets, nothing like the dejected friend who gets bundled out in pool play.

Haha what is this 1993? Implementing a create a tournament has been done for so many years on a lot of lesser platforms. Maybe a budgeting issue stopped them spending a day or two putting it in this game.. Pretty lame regardless.

Playing the actual world cup will be sweet (aside from no NZ/Aus and no stadiums), that is always good fun with a few mates. We used to do that with FIFA WC. Although I hope the AI is good enough to cause a few upsets, nothing like the dejected friend who gets bundled out in pool play.

No, this isn't 1993, it's 2011. Next year is 2012.

I guess if your trying to make people look dumb for doing this, you could note that as of right now, at this very minute, there are ZERO rugby games where I can create a competition. When Rugby Challenge comes out that will change. So, how would I have been doing things differently, should my friends want a tourney where you could've had any of the clubs available in the '06 game from anywhere in the world?

If I love RWC's gameplay, I may sometimes come back to it and do the same thing.

For some reason I can't help but think of how Forrest Gump used to say, "Ahhh'm not a smurrt man" when reading your post, but that was 1994, not 1993. :)

Cmon HB...

How about it.. A 6N tournament...

Or even a European Nations Cup with the 9 Euro teams in the RWC..

Have it set up with 3 pools of 3 teams.... Winner of each pool PLUS next best team to go into a Semi finals.. and finals berth..

Just to pass time.. based on IRB rankings..

Pool A
- Ireland
- Italy
- Russia

Pool B
- England
- Scotland
- Romania

Pool C
- France
- Wales
- Georgia

No, this isn't 1993, it's 2011. Next year is 2012.

Right now, at this very minute, there are ZERO rugby games where I can create a competition. When Rugby Challenge comes out that will change. So, how would I have been doing things differently, should my friends want a tourney where you could've had any of the clubs available in the '06 game from anywhere in the world?

If I love RWC's gameplay, I may sometimes come back to it and do the same thing.

For some reason I can't help but think of how Forrest Gump used to say, "Ahhh'm not a smurrt man" when reading your post, but that was 1994, not 1993. :)

Yeah exactly, it's 2011 where having a create a tournament is a pretty basic sort of an idea for a sports video game. Maybe the reason we haven't had it yet is 'cause the same bunch of guys have made the last few and obviously haven't wanted to put it in for one reason or another.

How am I stupid for suggesting such a feature should be in a ps3 game in 2011 where the same feature has been in a boatload of other sports game over the years?

And even a Southern Hemisphere Championship..

Using the 8 teams from the RWC in the SH... Divide them into 2 pools of 4 teams.. Home and away series...

Pool A
- NZ
- Argentina
- Tonga
- Namibia

Pool B
- OZ
- South Africa
- Samoa
- Fiji

Yeah exactly, it's 2011 where having a create a tournament is a pretty basic sort of an idea for a sports video game. Maybe the reason we haven't had it yet is 'cause the same bunch of guys have made the last few and obviously haven't wanted to put it in for one reason or another.

How am I stupid for suggesting such a feature should be in a ps3 game in 2011 where the same feature has been in a boatload of other sports game over the years?

You not stupid for that reason, I'm not sure I said that at all. You mentioned 1993, for some reason that era brought to mind Forrest Gump.

Your references "Haha what is this 1993?", and "Pretty lame regardless", did seem like it was telling me that my friends and I are stuck in the past and are partaking of something that's lame. Maybe you shouldn't have said that first without realising that it could be taken that way, and that in reality we have no current option to do anything but?

So we have established that you've fired the first shot there? :D

Latest posts