• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Couldn't escape if we wanted to

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Ooof 45-9....bit of a trouncing. We are on a steep, steep learning curve.

Still it's nice to give National Division One a go. Waterloo are a little club so competing at this level against full-timers will be tough. Keep those fingers crossed for us.

no worries bro.. I feel u... We lost to Macau and Cambodia quite badly in our first two games... but hey! we bounced back and beat the **** out of Laos and Brunei!

Ooof 45-9....bit of a trouncing. We are on a steep, steep learning curve.

Still it's nice to give National Division One a go. Waterloo are a little club so competing at this level against full-timers will be tough. Keep those fingers crossed for us.
[/b]

Do you play for them Stuey?

Do you play for them Stuey?
[/b]

Nah, just a fan.

On the topic of 'bouncing back' this could well be our bounce. We were a club on the brink a few years ago but we are now back in the 2nd tier. Quite a nice story, we may well get battered this season but we've earned the right.

Here's some of the men in myrtle :

loomen.jpg

did petri get on?
[/b]

I think he's still away with the USA U21s (which I believe is a step up for him). The word is he had trouble settling but will be back soon. If he does he has a good chance of establishing himself as a regular (even it's only a regular replacement), on Saturday the last 20 minutes showed the gap in fitness and strength in-depth when playing full-timers (Plymouth Albion).

I hope he does come back and settle in 'cause it's a great little club and a really good place to cut your teeth...we just sent a lad up to Sale Sharks.

We have another Yank now too....Chad Erskine.

I no how u feel because i have seen Bristol lose 76-0 2 Sale the year we got religated.Also as a player we played Bath in the league and they won 50-0 not nice when your a Bristolian!:(
Yeah Waterloo is a nice club i whent 2 watch Bristol play them in the cup 2 years ago.Hope we see u in the prem sometime.

Yeah Waterloo is a nice club i whent 2 watch Bristol play them in the cup 2 years ago.Hope we see u in the prem sometime.
[/b]

I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing Waterloo up there...Even if we were to become a fixture in Nat1 when you compare The Memorial to Blundellsands you can see the level we are capable of achieving.

It's just good being a nice little club with a small but fierce band of supporters. The 'pool will always be a footy town, it'd be ideal if everyone tripped down to Crosby when their respective footy team was playing away but there's just no grounding in rugby around here. To most Scousers it'll always be egg-chasing which is a pity 'cause Waterloo's quite footy friendly and has a really good bar so what else could you need?

Anyway I'm sure the boys will improve as their fitness comes along....relegation is more than likely but the team were immense in Division Two last year so they've earned this shot at the higher level. Heavy defeats are an inevitable growing pain I suppose. It's how you react to them.

I hope Waterloo stay up,as long as your players give 110% what more can u ask of them?

I hope Waterloo stay up,as long as your players give 110% what more can u ask of them?
[/b]

Agreed...if they give it their best shot and come up short then que sera que sera. At the end of the day it won't diminish the great achievments of last year one jot.

Well they had a good result at the weekend winning at home to the Cornish Pirates... So good on you for that...

Yh my grandad supports Waterloo i didn't believe him when he told me da result!They are certainly giving it a gd stab in div 1!COME ON WATERLOO!

Well they had a good result at the weekend winning at home to the Cornish Pirates... So good on you for that...
[/b]

I only made the second half due to *ahem* footballing commitments :D:D:D but the second half was immense. Real grit, discipline and no little skill.

Fantastic day for me. When you are on a roll you are on a roll.

SB

Latest posts