• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Create Jonah Lomu

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Feb 23 2005, 05:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Feb 23 2005, 05:41 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Feb 23 2005, 05:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 23 2005, 05:23 PM
The naysayers cannot ignore my point about player of two consecutive world cup tournaments. No one else has or probably will ever do that again.

One more time....end of discussion.

I guess discussion is now open again...........
<

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/rugby/199...7/horan_player/

NZL fan, thanks, you have PROVEN that some people speak before they know.
Bet you he's not a big enough person to admit when he is wrong either.
<
[/b]
A lot of people are "blinded" by Lomus ability to thrill, his awesome power on attack, and his uncanny knack of bashing poms (eight trys in seven games against them).

Hell, I loved watching him in full flight.................

However he might well be one of the most overated players in rugby history. A one trick pony, with no kicking, rugby 'nouse', or defensive ability........

Even his try scoring ability is overated. If you discard his bashing of the poms, look at his returns against the other three big rugby nations (France, Aussie and South Africa). Only 7 trys in 21 games, hardly "world beating" is it??

what the f@#k are yous on?? Whoelse could do wat jonah has done for world rugby??he made rugby go professional!! no doubt he has his short comings, like he's not the greatest tackler, nor is he dat great under the high ball, and that silly haircut of his,but everyone has there weaknesses.

And look wat he was hiding from everyone in the rugby world for so long!!!! If he didnt eat too much taros, and corned beef, then maybe his kidneys wudnt be f@#kd!!! No doubt he wud be in 90% of ppls dream team. Even if he was in the reserves, no doubt he's gonna be in there. even tho my wings would be John Kirwan, and David Campese (in there prime) jonah wud be probly my second wing on the bench behind Jeff Wilson. And his sheer intimidation factor is enuf for him to be in any team

But then who is the greatest winger ever???????

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 23 2005, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Feb 23 2005, 05:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Feb 23 2005, 05:41 PM

<
...i think thats very true...i see him abit up him self....one time last year he said the allblack wingers need experience and that they lack of it?????...howlett? with almost 40 test under his belt and rokocoko can sub that experience with his try scoring feats.....i only hope lomu returns to better form so he can prove the ney sayers wrong [/b]

I do rate Lomu, I really do, from when he last played.
It's just this whole greatest player ever thing. It lacks so much perspective.
I share your thoughts, Chiropractor, I hope he returns to be a useful player again.
Although it's going to be an incredible achievement if he plays Super 12 again.

Someone mentioned David Campese..

In his day, his ability in attack would be up there with Lomu. Not through sheer size and power but through finesse and agility.

I'm not the greatest Rugby fan so kill me.

P.S. My Wilikinson call was just a suggestion aimed at an unjustified sweeping statement that "lomu is the most famous rugby player ever."

My girlfriend and some of her friends who wouldn't even know the rules of Rugby, along with other people amongst the population knew immediately who Jonny Wilkinson was. "Jonah who?" would be their reply to that question.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 23 2005, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Feb 23 2005, 05:49 PM)</div>

<
...i think thats very true...i see him abit up him self....one time last year he said the allblack wingers need experience and that they lack of it?????...howlett? with almost 40 test under his belt and rokocoko can sub that experience with his try scoring feats.....i only hope lomu returns to better form so he can prove the ney sayers wrong [/b]
OK! OK! I was pretty sure that he was the player of the 1999 WC - he played esceptionally well and he WAS the player of the 1995 WC....I am absolutely big enough to admit when I am wrong ********...

Mr Iversen you keep firing shots and landing about as many as your basketball namesake....Was my post racist too?

Also

<<I see him a bit up himself>>?

Is this about me - because i never posted jack **** last year about the AB wingers! I love them.

If this is not what you were saying then you need to clear up your post - it's like a broken jig saw puzzle.

Seriously, you guys don't rate anyone then if you don't rate Jonah. I am a kiwi, I live where he was criticised most. But both in attitude and competence he was an explosive asset to any team.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 23 2005, 07:26 PM
OK! OK! I was pretty sure that he was the player of the 1999 WC - he played esceptionally well and he WAS the player of the 1995 WC....I am absolutely big enough to admit when I am wrong ********...

Mr Iversen you keep firing shots and landing about as many as your basketball namesake....WAS MY POST RACIST TOO?

Also

Is this about me - because i never posted jack **** last year about the AB wingers! I love them.

If this is not what you were saying then you need to clear up your post - it's like a broken jig saw puzzle.

Seriously, you guys don't rate anyone then if you don't rate Jonah. I am a kiwi, I live where he was criticised most. But both in attitude and competence he was an explosive asset to any team.

First of all, if I landed as many shots as my basketball namesake, I'd be honored.
He plays in the NBA which means he lands a lot. So, in a way you are saying I'm right nearly all the time, which is a little too big a complement.

Also, on your final paragraph, I do rate Lomu, highly, read back a few posts.

Also, I'm pleased you can admit when you've made a mistake, thats not easy to do. We ALL make them.

No, your post wasn't racist.

Lastly, try to calm down and realise that your opinion doesn't have to be shared by everyone or shouted with insults to be respected.
I don't have to scream ******** or any of the other things you do, because at the end of the day it doesn't make anyone more right.

I'm thru arguing with you, even if you want to continue, I'm only going to be looking for the good in what you say now, no matter how hard I have to look.
Peace?
<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 23 2005, 07:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 23 2005, 07:26 PM)</div>
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 23 2005, 05:49 PM

<

...i think thats very true...i see him abit up him self....one time last year he said the allblack wingers need experience and that they lack of it?????...howlett? with almost 40 test under his belt and rokocoko can sub that experience with his try scoring feats.....i only hope lomu returns to better form so he can prove the ney sayers wrong

Mr Iversen you keep firing shots and landing about as many as your basketball namesake....Was my post racist too?

Also

Seriously, you guys don't rate anyone then if you don't rate Jonah. I am a kiwi, I live where he was criticised most. But both in attitude and competence he was an explosive asset to any team. [/b]
are u inpart talking to me *****......

If you were, as I asked, referring to posts I had apparently made last year that I most certainly did not - then yes *****, I am talking to you.

Of course, if you weren't.....then relax and realise that your post made no sense in conjunction with the one quoted above which was in reference to me and that this undertaking was your own responsibility. Any misunderstanding you'll have to live with.

See Iversen disagrees but refers to mainly factual material. I won't have some ***** making **** up.

CA Iversen - it's a pity you hadn't read my smoothing things over and apologising in the other thread - but I guess that is probably my fault for doing it in both.

I see what you mean by the fruitlessness of arguing though.....and will now keep my posts in a lighter tone. Too much time on hands at the moment......Want game...

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 23 2005, 07:50 PM
If you were, as I asked, referring to posts I had apparently made last year that I most certainly did not - then yes *****, I am talking to you.

Of course, if you weren't.....then relax and realise that your post made no sense in conjunction with the one quoted above which was in reference to me and that this undertaking was your own responsibility. Any misunderstanding you'll have to live with.

See Iversen disagrees but refers to mainly factual material. I won't have some ***** making **** up.

CA Iversen - it's a pity you hadn't read my smoothing things over and apologising in the other thread - but I guess that is probably my fault for doing it in both.

I see what you mean by the fruitlessness of arguing though.....and will now keep my posts in a lighter tone. Too much time on hands at the moment......Want game...
im los lover....i love guys
<
gotcha *****

Now that, chiro is badass.

And Los Lover, everythings cool now. Arguing did distract from having to wait for the game for a few minutes tho, eh?

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 23 2005, 07:57 PM
Now that, chiro is badass.

And Los Lover, everythings cool now. Arguing did distract from having to wait for the game for a few minutes tho, eh?
lol! I guess so......

still don't know what Chiro is on about.....If he is trying to be bad ass, it is coming across more cryptic than anything else.
<

No, Los. I was referring to how he changed the end of your post when he quoted it, to saying that you love men.

He was taking the ****, and then put gotcha ***** below it.
<

He was going for reaction I think.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 23 2005, 09:12 PM
No, Los. I was referring to how he changed the end of your post when he quoted it, to saying that you love men.

He was taking the ****, and then put gotcha ***** below it.
<

He was going for reaction I think.
Oh crumbs!!!

lol!

He oversetimated my attention span while underestimating my random speed posting...

However, I think it was more an attempt to distract from the error of the earlier post, which he has neglected to shed light on...it is nonsense.

Whats up with all the name calling?

*****, ********.

Do you all really feel it necsesary to use such words to get your points across?

Chill out fellas, the game is due soon, then you can stop your e-insults.

Go have a few beers, and relax, life is way too short to be wasting time typing insults to someone you dont even know over the internet.

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 24 2005, 04:09 AM

*****, ********.

Do you all really feel it necsesary to use such words to get your points across?

Go have a few beers, and relax, life is way too short to be wasting time typing insults to someone you dont even know over the internet.

Boltman, you need to go back and check. We didn't ALL insult each other, in fact I never called anyone those names and I was involved in that conversation.

Anyway, still hoping someone will post a created Jonah soon!

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 24 2005, 04:09 AM

*****, ********.

I guess it depends on what insults you personally or gets you angry...

I'd rather be called a name than have someone say something mind-numbingly stupid or make a false assertion about me.

I found Chiro's confusing and false comment to be more frustrating and infuriating than I would have felt had I been called any number of names.

"sticks and stones...."?

Good to hear a voice of peace though.

<

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 06:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 06:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-187
@Feb 23 2005, 06:12 AM
Jonah is up there in my all time XV, same with alot of other ppl... they always hav him on the left wing... who else wud u rather hav on the left wing??? think about it? if u had to choose an all time XV, wudnt Jonah be one of if not the first name that pops to ur mind for wing?
To quote John McEnroe -- You cannot be serious?

Ask any South African who they'd love to play opposite on the wing.

If I was building an All-Time XV based on flair/power -- yeah, he might be in there, but if I was putting together an All-Time XV based on skill at position -- he wouldn't make the bench. [/b]
I'm not putting a team together based on skill!... I am putting a team together that is going to win!

Lets not call it an "All time" XV but a "Winning XV" then... Jonah is made for try scoring, nothing else... and tries wins games... except for that RWC 2003 final and the odd game...

Originally posted by 187+Feb 24 2005, 07:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Feb 24 2005, 07:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 06:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-187
Jonah is up there in my all time XV, same with alot of other ppl... they always hav him on the left wing... who else wud u rather hav on the left wing??? think about it? if u had to choose an all time XV, wudnt Jonah be one of if not the first name that pops to ur mind for wing?

If I was building an All-Time XV based on flair/power -- yeah, he might be in there, but if I was putting together an All-Time XV based on skill at position -- he wouldn't make the bench.
I'm not putting a team together based on skill!... I am putting a team together that is going to win!

Lets not call it an "All time" XV but a "Winning XV" then... Jonah is made for try scoring, nothing else... and tries wins games... except for that RWC 2003 final and the odd game... [/b]
And how many tries has Lomu scored against South Africa? Who was his most tenacious opposite number?

All I'm saying is that if I know you've got Lomu in your XV, you'll only be playing with 14 men if I put James Small against him.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 24 2005, 07:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 24 2005, 07:08 PM)</div>
Originally posted by 187@Feb 24 2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 06:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-187

If I was building an All-Time XV based on flair/power -- yeah, he might be in there, but if I was putting together an All-Time XV based on skill at position -- he wouldn't make the bench.

Lets not call it an "All time" XV but a "Winning XV" then... Jonah is made for try scoring, nothing else... and tries wins games... except for that RWC 2003 final and the odd game...
And how many tries has Lomu scored against South Africa? Who was his most tenacious opposite number?

All I'm saying is that if I know you've got Lomu in your XV, you'll only be playing with 14 men if I put James Small against him. [/b]
They paid him $5,000 a tackle (and all other members of the team) on Jonah

They also poisoned the team - fact - check the footage of Wilson spewing his ring...

They were utterly desperate to win that RWC final and showed it in disgraceful style.

What is Jonah's scoring rate against England, Scotland, Ireland, France and Australia like I wonder.

I'm just saying the yappies record is more of an exception to the rule.

My main point is that this is the GAMING forum - why would you bypass Jonah for your all-time XV when he would clearly be the best winger (or there or thereabouts) in all the games that have included him? Doesn't really make sense..

I'll expect a myriad of facts now about how bad Jonah actually was and how I have not researched anything (lol!!).....

I have too many posts to make!
<

Latest posts