• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Create Jonah Lomu

Lol... why? It will just look like a generic person, don't see the point to be honest.

Richy, dude you crack me up! You've created three topics in Rugby 2005 -- all with Jonah Lomu in the ***le.

I have to ask you some questions . . .

1. Who's your favorite player ever to play Rugby Union?
2. Which will be the first player you create using the create-a-player feature?
3. Who set the rugby world on fire at the 1995 Rugby World Cup?
4. What does "UMOL HANOJ" say when read backwards?
5. If you could wish any rugby player to a full recovery in order for them to get back on the pitch, who would it be?

Hehe!! Nicely said.

Although.....

If someone wnated to chuck one up, it would be funny to see how he looked!! Their personal design of him...

Also - on question 5 Caps, I think you will see him play in the Martin Johnson testimonial match in June - as captain of the SH. He has the heart of an ox this guy - he is a total inspiration.

I think for this reason alone he will be in the ABs rugby world cup 2007 squad both in the game for me.......................
and in real life.

Yep, that's right.!!
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 21 2005, 12:50 PM
Hehe!! Nicely said.

Although.....

If someone wnated to chuck one up, it would be funny to see how he looked!! Their personal design of him...

Also - on question 5 Caps, I think you will see him play in the Martin Johnson testimonial match in June - as captain of the SH. He has the heart of an ox this guy - he is a total inspiration.

I think for this reason alone he will be in the ABs rugby world cup 2007 squad both in the game for me.......................
and in real life.

Yep, that's right.!!
<
He very well might have his own head (or a head that looks alarmingly like his) in Rugby 2005. Surely EA/HB aren't fools to deny us to create the most famous rugby player the world has seen . . . then again, it is EA/HB . . .

True about the testimonial, but I don't know about the World Cup in '07. It'd be cool, but Lomu and I will both be 32 years old then (he was born on my due-date -- yup, I am that cool. Shame I wasn't born on my due-date).

Actually, slightly hi-jacking this but maybe richllew or anyone else could answer -- the dvd about Jonah Lomu, is it any good? I've always thought about getting it. I think it's called 'Lomu'?

<<he was born on my due-date -- yup, I am that cool. Shame I wasn't born on my due-date).
>>

Hehehaha!
<
<

what an anti-climax....

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 21 2005, 12:50 PM
Hehe!! Nicely said.

Although.....

and in real life.

Yep, that's right.!!
<

I'm going to that match! It's at Twickenham on June 4th... am I right? Me and my mate's got tickets! Can't wait! Full day watching rugby, topped ooff by the Johnson/Lomu match!!!

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 21 2005, 01:17 PM
I'm going to that match! It's at Twickenham on June 4th... am I right? Me and my mate's got tickets! Can't wait! Full day watching rugby, topped ooff by the Johnson/Lomu match!!!
That should be fun -- it'll be a great atmosphere.

Have you ever seen Lomu play before (in the flesh)? I've seen him twice: 1997 NZ v England at Old Trafford and in 2001 (or 02?) with the Barbarians v England at Twickenham (whichever one the BaBaa's won).

Dude, he's a piece of work in the flesh alright. We had like 5th or 6th row seats at the halfway line, and when his wing was on our side, you couldn't help but laughing everytime he got the ball. It was this nervous laughter, it was brilliant. I felt like a school girl -- which totally made it a perfect day.

Just looking at the date you joined Captainamerica.... The testimonial match is on that date, one year on. Cool eh?

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 21 2005, 01:29 PM
Just looking at the date you joined Captainamerica.... The testimonial match is on that date, one year on. Cool eh?
Well, even I amaze myself with the knowledge I know I don't know.
<

Bit blury, looks like JLR

Apart from that, he no longer has any hair so your quite a way off. lol

/ sarcasm

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 21 2005, 12:56 PM
Surely EA/HB aren't fools to deny us to create the most famous rugby player the world has seen . . . then again, it is EA/HB . . .
Lomu the most famous Rugby player the (rugby) world has seen?

Let me guess, you're a Kiwi?

so what if hes a kiwi, name a player more famous,bigger, or stronger then jonah lomu .jesus

Captain America is, as far as I can tell, american, or at least living there.

Naming a more famous, bigger or stronger player?
Well, as awesome as he is/was he is not the greatest player, but big, strong and famous, yeah he's up there.
Jonah loves playing for his national team like no other player, and he has more passion for rugby than three or four men put together, but he'd only just make it into the top 50 players of all time, ability-wise.
All IMO.

True, some of the things Jonah did in rugby, only he could do them, which was great.
When you look at it though, there are a lot of other rugby skills he didn't have.
His defence was average, his creative vision on attack was limited to his own awesome runs, he did not have a kicking game and when finally taken to ground was more prone to turnovers than smaller backs.
I'm not knocking the guy, I'll create him in the game within 24 hours of buying it, it's just he was the very best at what he did, and by a mile, but Jonah was not an all-round rugby player.
I think the abilities he did have were so extreme that they overshadowed his weaker points. That's not a bad thing, who'd have him any other way.
Not I for one.

Originally posted by subsbligh+Feb 21 2005, 04:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subsbligh @ Feb 21 2005, 04:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 21 2005, 12:56 PM
Surely EA/HB aren't fools to deny us to create the most famous rugby player the world has seen . . . then again, it is EA/HB . . .

Let me guess, you're a Kiwi? [/b]
Was that question meant to be as stupid as it sounded?

Originally posted by subsbligh+Feb 21 2005, 05:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subsbligh @ Feb 21 2005, 05:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 21 2005, 12:56 PM

Let me guess, you're a Kiwi? [/b]
Look at his name, tard. Kiwi? meh
<

Captain America, wasn't that the name of a comic book character?

Could be some sort of gimmick name not to do with where he is from, "tard".

Unlike you I don't spend my entire life specualting about Rugby video games on an internet forum. Especially one which you haven't played extensively or at all but continue to preach that you are the last word on everything that is in the upcoming game?

Jonah Lomu is not the greatest Rugby player ever. Nor is he the most famous. What about Wilkinson?

Jonny Wilkinson is a buzz word that everyone in the extended RUGBY world had on their lips in 2003.

BTW I was asking if he was a NZ'er because you would have to be a tad biased to suggest JL as the most famous rugby player ever.

Latest posts