• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Creating New Players... their "Stamina" ?

R

raziel_eire

I've created a few players now on the PS2 version of Rugby 2005 and I'm reasonably happy with them (within the confines of the limited options)

... one thing I've noticed tho, my created players seem to lack stamina much more then any of the current players ... if I look to make a change around the 60min mark, generally I'll find some players down to the high 70's or low 80's region for their condition/stamina, but for the players I created they all seem to be down around the 50's (usually low 50's !)

has anybody else noticed this??? or does anybody know a way to alter this in any way?
I'm not 100% sure of how much effect it has on the player (I've not noticed anything too considerable in their speed for example), but perhaps it effects other aspects of play? (catching, ball control, passing, injury likelihood?)

Also, one major gripe I have with the CAP (Create-a-Player) is the limited amount of space available for the player names ... 9 characters is that it? why, oh why does this need to be limited to so few?... there are alot of players out there with names longer then this (... think Islander's as an example) I remem this was a similar problem with the create-a-boxer element to Fight Night 2004, tho it may have actually allowed even less

And why no beards for white players??? the facial hair option of a full beard is available for the darker skinned players, yet not so with the white guys - I have to give Chabal a dodgy goatee now, and he's not happy!!

Originally posted by scot@Mar 15 2005, 01:00 PM
i've had the same problem with stamina! do not know how to fix it
I think that one of the "hidden" stats may be the stamina of a player.

Try putting each of those stats (unknown 1 to 6 i think) in turn down to like 1 or 2 and then play a match, and look the the player's stamina to see how he is faring.

If you do find anything else out please let me know so I can change the editor.

I think that some of the other stats may be:

Ball Stealing ability (not getting caught dipping their grubby little mits in the rucks)
Sidestep ability (may just be under agility though)
Fend ability
Shoulder-charge effectiveness

If anyone has any ideas about these PLEASE let me know!

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut+Mar 15 2005, 09:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lazy_chesnut @ Mar 15 2005, 09:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-scot
@Mar 15 2005, 01:00 PM
i've had the same problem with stamina! do not know how to fix it
I think that one of the "hidden" stats may be the stamina of a player.

Try putting each of those stats (unknown 1 to 6 i think) in turn down to like 1 or 2 and then play a match, and look the the player's stamina to see how he is faring.

If you do find anything else out please let me know so I can change the editor.

I think that some of the other stats may be:

Ball Stealing ability (not getting caught dipping their grubby little mits in the rucks)
Fend ability

If anyone has any ideas about these PLEASE let me know! [/b]
I believe it is:

<<a question on the console version>>

<

hehe..

side-step ability? Wow patches etc have made PC gamers' minds go to a new level of imagination...is that the fascination? Cos A PERSONAL computer is antisocial when it comes to gaming....that coming from a man who plays the AI most of the time.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 15 2005, 08:35 PM
Fend ability
It would be cool if that's what they are.

raizel how you finding the PS2 version are you enjoying it I have been getting a little down with guys who have played Xbox saying its loads better! Will I be happy with PS2 version

I'm more then happy with my PS2 version... I think it looks well and plays at a good pace, the only thing I would have an issue with is the save/load times from memory card and the create-a-player section where PS2 chugs along a bit (tho it really is getting old at this stage!)

in regards to actually playing the game I have to say I've not tried the other 2 platforms, but I can see nothing wrong with it - very enjoyable!

Well looks like there is a way around this. Simply set the slider to zero for Fatigue and the problem will be solved. Not ideal but looks like that's the only option. On another note, maybe your created player needs to build match fitness, only speculating because I have been busy creating H.Kruger for the sharks team and keep fiddling to get the face right. I also had to recreate W.Britz (wing my ass).

EAplay have a thread on their forum where you can submit questions for an interview they will be having with Andrew Wilson. I have asked about editing existing players, stamina of created players and unlockable teams.

The stamina problem could exist if all the other criteria are up at 100. By that note he will run around more because he's faster, participate in more rucks, set plays etc and thus tire himself out more... that was my thinking on why they had stamina issues

nah ... I don't have anybodies stats boosted that high, if I've created an already existing player (due to poor stats/appearance) then I only change a few of the actual stats to improve them correctly (at the most by about 10pts, but normally 5-6pts), so its not as tho I give them all huge attributes etc, but they still get way more tired then any other pre-created player

when creating a new player from scratch I balance them with a player I deem similar to them in ability - so no "Super" players with me!

Nope, both of my created players stats are nowhere near maxed out. But that is any interesting theory, will check tonight to see if they both tire at the same rate. One is a foward and the other a back.

WTF ?????

why oh why does some of the players I create, once they are saved have a different nose to the one I gave them????

it happens to a couple of guys I created... so I had to delete them, now I go and create Lomu as best I can and the game goes and gives him a nose like the wicked witch of the west after i save him!!! WTF is that about? ... the other 6 players are fine, no erratic changes made to them, but I had created Chabal/Troncon/Peen and each of them had the same f***kin problem... wicked witch halloween noses

anybody else have this happen/know how to stop it from happening?

Hey Raz I had exactley the same problem, every time I fix the nose and save and as soon as you play its a screwed up again. They way I got around this was to lock all the other features and randomize the nose.

I may have found a possible cause of that happening SharksFan, something to do with the Age slider...

I've talked more about it in the Jonah Lomu thread...
What has happened to me tho, is when the nose has been warped and I try to lock all the other values, and use the rendomizer, alot of the time the nose will not change at all or if it does it will be only a slight reduction in "wicked witchiness"

Hey Raz
Just something I noticed last night. I would normally edit my created player and have to change the wicked witch nose and then the commentary name and add him to the roster, and then I would use Triangle to exit. And my player nose would change back, last night I used the exit tab and the nose stayed as it should be.

Latest posts