• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Life 2007

W

woosaah

GAMEBIENCE ANNOUNCES PC GAME ‘CRICKET LIFE 2007’

A first-of-its kind game that blends strategy, business, management and entertainment genres in a single sports game.

Toronto, Canada - Monday, August 28, 2006

Gamebience today unveiled its premiere PC-based cricket game Cricket Life 2007 here at Toronto. Developed and to be published by Gamebience, Cricket Life 2007 is a game that lets users take control of every major aspect of a cricket player’s life.
Announcing the game into the market, George Fredericks, the Media Relations Officer said, “Cricket Life 2007 is a new concept in the area of sports gaming. It is not just a sports game but a sports-based strategy and business game.†He added that the game has many new features that haven’t been experienced before in other Cricket games. “The game allows you to sign sponsorships with companies, invest hard-earned money in various businesses and even try and win various international and domestic awards â€" just like in real life.â€
Cricket Life 2007 allows the gamers to climb the ranks through the state team to become the captain of their chosen cricket team. “Win the games, captain the side and reap the rewards. Watch yourself becoming the hero of the cricket world and see your name appear in all the leading newspapers,†says George.
One of the most interesting parts of the game is its business aspect. The gamers can invest their hard-earned money into business and personal assets such as to buy luxury homes. It even allows them to start a sports academy or to start their own ‘5-star hotel’! What’s more, want to take a break from cricket? You can even go for a vacation. Moreover, gamers are entrusted to take a major decision of any player’s life â€" say to get married. Every decision that a gamer takes in the game has a big influence in the player’s life.
The game includes 2D and 3D graphics to balance the game. The game features over 30 customized International and Domestic tournaments. A comprehensive ODI and Test Player and Team rankings forms a part of the game. Features such as various International and Domestic Awards Ceremony for sporting excellence only add more spice to the game. More details about the game’s exciting features will be revealed between September 01, 2006 and September 15, 2006 on their website, www.cricketlife2007.com as part of the game’s awareness campaign.
Regarding the status of development, S.A. Uzayr, who is heading the project team and is also the CMO said, “The game has been in development for over 8 months. We will be into beta stage within a short time. So the gamers don’t have to wait for a long time to see this game out in the market.â€
Speaking about the game, he said, “Cricket Life 2007 is a new concept in the area of sports gaming. This is a game that is focused on making strategic decisions like where to invest money, what sponsorships to sign and how to achieve success. Such decisions are often taken in the real-life and hence the game lets the users to learn something that is useful in real-life along while having some great time.â€[/b]

http://www.cricketlife2007.com/features.php

Over 2000 user-playable cricketers available to take their roles across 14 international cricket-playing countries.
A revolutionary Player Evolution System (PES) designed and developed by Gamebience aides in the development of a career player and acts as a back-bone of the AI.
Decision Making system (DMS): Wish to marry? Or do you wish to retire? Want to donate money in charity to boost your image? Will you play for a charity match or risk losing your image? Only you can make these decisions. And this is possible only in Cricket life 2007.
In-game Sponsorships system â€" ability to sign up from a vast array of sponsors.
First of its kind: Market system â€" ability to buy, sell assets such as cars, build basic homes to mansions, start a new business or build a business empire â€" all can be done within the game using the money earned by playing cricket.
Over 30 custom-made trophies, cups and shields available to acquire through winning games.
Over 40 3D stadiums from around the world. (exact figures to be revealed during awareness campaign)
International Cricket Awards â€" perform consistently and stand a chance to win international recognition and fame.
And over a dozen more major features to be revealed between September 01 - September 15 in this section as well as in Gamebience forum [/b]

this sounds promising, i am looking forward to some screenshots :)

i think its a good concept, who knows what its like until they have released more info.

seams pretty indepth as well

this could be one to watch. the business side of it will be very interesting to see how it goes because it hasn't been tried in a game like cricket before. hopefully they have developed the actual cricket side of the game well enough too as that is what a lot of the game is based on.

If this was late March/early April, I'd say they're taking the ****.

...Unique Selling Points (USP)

...Personally, my thoughts are that this game is being rushed (8 months into development and going into beta... "won't be long") and that the gimmicks most probably won't be great. It will probably be like the boardgame "Game of Life" 'Will you get married? Yes/No', 'would you like to build a house?' etc... pointless really.

Something to keep an eye on, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in terms of licensing.

And if this is a success, might we see a Rugby game using the same concept??

Here are the features for September-1.They are regarding tournaments and teams.

FEATURES : SET 01

Friday, September 01, 2006

Tournaments and teams

• There are 10 user-playable countries in the game.
• Each country has all major domestic teams
• The user will be able to choose one of the players available from the domestic team and lead him into the international team or create his own player.
• The difficulty of the game will be inversely proportional to the ranking of the player. It will be easier to play as a top-ranking international player but more difficult to play as a domestic start-up player.
• The following number of tournaments are guaranteed to be available in the game for each country:
• England: 4
• Australia: 5
• India: 6
• Pakistan: 5
• New Zealand: 3
• South Africa: 3
• Sri Lanka: 3
• West Indies: 3
• Bangladesh: 2

Fictional Governing Body: its tournaments

There is a fictional Cricket governing body in the game named Fictional International Cricket Organization (FICO).
• The following international tournaments are available in the game that are overseen by FICO:
• World Championships
• U-19 World Championships
• 20 over championships
• Mini world cup
• Asian Trophy
• African-Asian Championship

In-game awards

• The FICO international cricket awards are held every game year. If the user player is a captain of his international team, he gets a right to vote for each of the nomination categories.
• There are also domestic awards for each country that are not only for international players but also for domestic players. There are various categories of awards.
• Winning an award adds to the morale of the player and boosts PR level that will be useful for getting lucrative sponsorship offers.
• Winning International awards significantly boost PR effect compared to winning domestic awards.

Software Development Kits: Modding experience enhanced

Gamebience is committed to enhance gaming experience. For the first time, we are giving an opportunity for the modding community to seriously take part in the game and decide what they want and what they do not want in the game by releasing a Software Development kit for modules that we think will be appropriate to hand over to the community.

• An SDK will be released shortly after the release of the game that will allow experienced modders to modify the rules of the existing tournaments and as well as add completely new tournaments using the Software Development Kit. Using the SDK, any modder who knows basic C/C++ language will be able to create/modify tournaments in the game without any difficulty.
• The in-game awards system is also be modifiable. More in-game awards can be created, categories can be added or modified.

Next feature set on Monday, 4th September 2006 - Overview of the game, various key factors of the player and how they influence the game, overview on the Player Evolution system.(For PlanetCricket this shall be released on the 2nd and 3rd of September itself.)

All names, characters, organizations appearing in the game are purely fictitious. Any resemblance to real life names, characters or organizations is purely coincidental.

http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22947

http://www.cricketlife2007.com/features.php

also some screenshots of some stadia there

Seems like they are trying to implement too much in the first version. Some things look unnecessary like marriage and building a manson. Don't have a lot of faith in this, but I'd love for them to prove me wrong.

Think I will stick to good old International Cricket Captain 2002.

Sounds great. Planet Cricket is handy for this kind info, eh Woosaah? :p

Hope it turns out to be fantastic fun.

yeah the planetcricket guys are pretty awesome have contact with most of the developers and provide regular and sometimes exclusive info.

And they mod game stuff pretty quick too! Lookin forward to this ***le!

I find cricket games weather on PS2, PS3, PC, Xbox, Xbox 360 very boring sure they are ok to play a little bit but then they just tend to be un-interesting not one i would buy but maybe hire for a nosey.

I find cricket games weather on PS2, PS3, PC, Xbox, Xbox 360 very boring sure they are ok to play a little bit but then they just tend to be un-interesting not one i would buy but maybe hire for a nosey.
[/b]

You gotto be a big lover of cricket to appreciate it

I know what you mean - they do get monotonous and boring - like the game in real life itself

You just gotto weather the boring grind - await the new ball - and strike - when required :p

This is why i love cricket games

You can be in zombie mode bowling ball after ball to Lara or Tendies, as they romp in hundreds hundreds and hundreds - every ball is a replay - then that magical moment happens and u hear the bails or a miss timed shot - the bedroom explodes - GOT IM GONE, **** OFF YOUR OUT, GOT IM.....OOH GOT IM......GOORNE....BYE BYE, GET OUT , YOUR GONE

Will be great in BLIC - you'll be in zombie mode, not concentrating, just bowling monotonously, line n length, then after 30mins when ur brain is elswhere thinking about dinner, food, beer, n chicks - a lil knick from the AI, and u gotto pounce on the reflect matrix system, whilst ur brain is along way way from the action

JUST LIKE REAL LIFE - you gotto take ur chances - especially in the slips!!!!!!!!

No time for mind slips

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You gotto be a big lover of cricket to appreciate it

I know what you mean - they do get monotonous and boring - like the game in real life itself

You just gotto weather the boring grind - await the new ball - and strike - when required :p

This is why i love cricket games

You can be in zombie mode bowling ball after ball to Lara or Tendies, as they romp in hundreds hundreds and hundreds - every ball is a replay - then that magical moment happens and u hear the bails or a miss timed shot - the bedroom explodes - GOT IM GONE, **** OFF YOUR OUT, GOT IM.....OOH GOT IM......GOORNE....BYE BYE, GET OUT , YOUR GONE

Will be great in BLIC - you'll be in zombie mode, not concentrating, just bowling monotonously, line n length, then after 30mins when ur brain is elswhere thinking about dinner, food, beer, n chicks - a lil knick from the AI, and u gotto pounce on the reflect matrix system, whilst ur brain is along way way from the action

JUST LIKE REAL LIFE - you gotto take ur chances - especially in the slips!!!!!!!!

No time for mind slips [/b][/quote]

I've never had the patience lol. I always use the auto-play feature when i'm bowling!

Ah I can see an online game of cricket against you AK would be fun... you too Woosaah, Craig...

Latest posts