• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

So made the SF having given 2 of the other teams a right kicking (especially NZ) but took one from the other.

Aus V Eng Final
The black caps are just hustling, and will continue to do so in the semis, then the world will be off guard and boom! We'll win a game next year

Australia to lose to SA would require a very sudden change in form. So yup that's why I expect.

Yep. Is there any more rain due to soften the pitches up ?
Not for the end of the group stage there might be some around for the Thursday semi-final. But honestly weather forecast in this country are dubious at best more than 2-3 days away.

There we have it, semi finalists decided by two rained out games - pakistan Sri Lanka, and New Zealand India.

A sport 99% of the world don't give a crap about and a guy who comes from that 99% and is good enough for the 1% playing for one of those 1% countries ... its hardly the worst example imaginable of switching sporting allegiance to my mind. Especially when the historic cricket links between the two countries are pretty strong

I do agree we might want to call ourselves the British Isles though. Tradition though innit, people don't like change
The British Isles doesn't include Ireland so that wouldn't change much. My opinion is if you're Irish and good enough to play for an Irish team, you don't play for England, you don't play for Scotland, you don't play for Cambodia no matter the sport. And if you do give all the excuses you want I won't like it, others won't mind.

The problem there is test cricket has been and still pretty much is a closed shop of which only 12 nations are allowed to compete in. Ireland only gained that last year and have played a whole 2 matches. This has always been wrong.

What your essentially doing is denying players from ever competeing at the highest level.

SA today 'oh yeah win the cricket matches novel idea'

Had to lose that cherry ;)
I opened it in bed in the morning, had to explain to my wife why I woke her up with a burst of bizarre 80s cheesy music. Turns out she'd never heard of Rickrolling so I had to explain that

What do you guys think of the world test championship? Seems like a good thing to me except that the top team on points only had to draw the final to win. They should just play tests until someone wins. Otherwise the two teams go into the final with different objectives: one wants to win the other wants to draw.

I mean I guess that's ok as the top team deserves to only have to draw. But it doesn't make for as exciting a final, not is it really a final in the usual sense. Sure it's the last game but both teams don't go in as equals.

I was wondering what a days break might bring, didn't expect this. Come on NZ!

Latest posts