• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crossing the whitewash

T

Titan

What are the try-scoring animations like for this game? Are there 2 or 3 different ones, or it it just a standard motion? Scoring a try is the prime objective in rugby, but I am yet to play a game which truly reflects this. Hopefully Rugby '06 will add something new to the mix.

Erm, how else can they "reflect" that the prime objective in rugby to score a try in any other way than giving you five points?

I apologise if you're not an English speaker and it got muddled in translation...

Sorry, but I thought "try-scoring animations" was clear enough. I just wanted to know if there is one standard try move, or if there is a variation - in Rugby 2005 for instance it was always the same dive over the line. Can you bounce the ball in celebration after scoring a try, stay on your feet and touch down etc?

Hope that makes sense.
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 23 2006, 09:22 PM
Actually, there were multiple dives (plus 1 dot down) in rugby 2005.
Is there one where they just put it down? I can't think of any occasion where my player hasn't dived when scoring.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jan 24 2006, 08:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jan 24 2006, 08:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Jan 23 2006, 09:22 PM
Actually, there were multiple dives (plus 1 dot down) in rugby 2005.
Is there one where they just put it down? I can't think of any occasion where my player hasn't dived when scoring. [/b]
Me neither. Didn't matter if I was 5 yards away from or 5 yards over the line.

Locksley posted a video of one before it came out.

I think the player needs to be standing still; Unfortunately when I try it I always get tackled.

Nice Saints kit though.

I compiled the list of numbers BTW, it took an age though. I'll make the numbers tomorrow night.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 24 2006, 07:54 AM
Wanna bet?

I just recorded this for you!
<
<

(click the thumbnail for the video)

Great vid man
<
<

"Watch him, watch him!.......There u go"

I agree though, shite defending

Yeah, but you have to stop to dot it down. I want one that puts the ball down whilst jogging or something... It would be handy to have, not just a cosmetic thing...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 24 2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, but you have to stop to dot it down. I want one that puts the ball down whilst jogging or something... It would be handy to have, not just a cosmetic thing...
Yeah, you can do that in Rugby 2006

Prove it
<
thats good we can now do that, instead of diving and getting out nice uniforms dirty when we score, we can just dot it down.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 24 2006, 08:54 AM
Wanna bet?

I just recorded this for you!
<
<

(click the thumbnail for the video)

<
Classic bud. I bet Lotradine & Air Ben will still argue the point of wether you can dot the ball down or not for ages
<

Of course, I might have had a shandy or 2 last night... Not that you can tell in my voice or anything...
<

Latest posts