• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crossing to the darkside in Wellington

Q

quirkealiss

One can't help but notice the passion and "fever" that the phoniex suporters have in Wellington. Having attended a match I can attest that the excitiement is positively miles ahead of the atmosphere at any rugby game I attended last year. The stadium at any of the npc games may have well been full of granny's knitting. What hapened to the good old days of "the roar of the crowd" at rugby games in NZ. Look at SAF, the super 14 semi and final were an amazing atmosphere. What's keeping the crowds away?

One can't help but notice the passion and "fever" that the phoniex suporters have in Wellington. Having attended a match I can attest that the excitiement is positively miles ahead of the atmosphere at any rugby game I attended last year. The stadium at any of the npc games may have well been full of granny's knitting. What hapened to the good old days of "the roar of the crowd" at rugby games in NZ. Look at SAF, the super 14 semi and final were an amazing atmosphere. What's keeping the crowds away? [/b]
over-exposure, over-exploitation, over-stand-in-black-ness...who knows...
just...don't cross over, or we'll all poke fun at you.

You arent going to the darkside my friend you are discovering the phenomineon that is A-league.I'am an Adelaide United fan (2-1 baby :D ) and have attended matches for a fair while now.I love it you get drunk yell sing and chant for 90 mins and hopefully the boys win. :)

The crowd is better because there is an emphasise in soccer on you being apart of the game and actively supporting your team not just sitting there and cheering when a try is scored.

The latter bit is a Australia/NZ phenomineon not in South Africa and Northern Hemisphere.

mate, i know where your coming from. i had a few friends on that phoenix buzz and it drew me in, i became curious and went to a game. it's amazing, singing from begining to end. then i went to the beckham game! what a spectacle that was. soccer is becoming stronger in the capital and i don't like it one bit and yet.. i'm still curious about the sport and want to know more.

One can't help but notice the passion and "fever" that the phoniex suporters have in Wellington. Having attended a match I can attest that the excitiement is positively miles ahead of the atmosphere at any rugby game I attended last year. The stadium at any of the npc games may have well been full of granny's knitting. What hapened to the good old days of "the roar of the crowd" at rugby games in NZ. Look at SAF, the super 14 semi and final were an amazing atmosphere. What's keeping the crowds away?
[/b]
Who cares its only Wellington, Cut them from the super 14 i say and let them keep soccer that would bring more funds to the other 2 north island teams and hopefully slow the exodus of players to euro by being able to rise there wages.

Its the bloody mothers of new zealand nowadays. they are all scared their boys will get hurt playing rugby so they play soccer Therefore our next generation is gunna be a bunch of fags for f*** sake god help us

Its the bloody mothers of new zealand nowadays. they are all scared their boys will get hurt playing rugby so they play soccer Therefore our next generation is gunna be a bunch of fags for f*** sake god help us [/b]

Yeah I know what you mean, Is it true that there are more people playing soccer at school than rugby? Im telling you this is a sign.

The end is near.....May god have mercy on us all.

<div class='quotemain'> Its the bloody mothers of new zealand nowadays. they are all scared their boys will get hurt playing rugby so they play soccer Therefore our next generation is gunna be a bunch of fags for f*** sake god help us [/b]

Yeah I know what you mean, Is it true that there are more people playing soccer at school than rugby? Im telling you this is a sign.

The end is near.....May god have mercy on us all.
[/b][/quote] yup, i know when i was back at school there were more soccer teams than rugby teams. this was back in late 90s!!!!

I think it cause we didn't win the RWC to be honest. I know the whole country were dependant on us winning the world cup but now we have to find another sport to try and confide in :(.

So they chose the sport where we are ranked in the Mid 100's and couldn't even beat Vanatau.

Yep exactly we'd rather watch a sport we're not good at and lose than feel the pain of not winning the RWC. :cryy: :cryy: :cryy:

Latest posts