• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders

S

St Helens RLFC

Are now apparently retreating to Wrexham because they have lost their financial backing in the South of Wales. I am beginning to doubt they have any sort of long term future in Super League.

Rugby League - An English sport - in North Wales. That's got about the life expectancy of a cat in a Chinese.

For 1, they've f***ed it if they were planning on converting/tempting any union fans in that part of the world. Mostly because there aren't any.

Wait...there's a civilization up in North Wales?!

This awful news though. I mean, i though they had a pretty good following on the boundaries of the valleys and they sneaked a fair few good results the season just been. Why go through such a campaign to be admitted into the Engage Super League only to pull out financially?
I certainly can't see the club prospering up there in North of Wales. The scarlets were supposed to take care of that part of the country in union, but have they? Have the f***! They played a couple of games up there and have taken a glance at a few northern boys. Anyone care to remember who the last prominent north welsh rugby player was? McBride, and he's a fecking coach for wales now!
This club is gonna go down hill if you're right about this Dan.

Bridgend was a good place for them to play for ease of getting there, as well.
Within 25ish mins of Cardiff, so transport is **** easy.
A load of my League team are from Bridgend/that area, so will be gutted they can't watch them easily now

They need to rethink this. There's got to be a way they stay down south. They'll get bigger crowds for Saints. Wigan and Warrington games but other than that, I really don't see how it's going to benefit them.

There are 2 tap-able rugby hotbeds realistically, the West Midlands and South Wales.

Where they currently are, Cardiff & Newport are in spitting distance while Swansea is only around the corner... And we all know that success always brings the Welsh out in numbers, even if they don't give 2 shits about the sport. They'll go just for the fun and a sing song.

The West Mids would puts them a stones throw from Leicester, Northampton, Coventry, Solihul, Worcester, Cheltenham and Gloucester - An area with more rugby fans per square mile there then the rest of the country combined.

In Wrexham they'll get a Welsh-speaking incest-wed couple, their flask of leek soup and the <strike>dog</strike> sheep. Only because they're curious about the "outsiders".

Another thing is the stupid name change,
Didn't they do it because of the connotations of being associated with Celtic Warriors? Ridicul-arse.
And their new logo is shite, compared to their old

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 20 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another thing is the stupid name change,
Didn't they do it because of the connotations of being associated with Celtic Warriors? Ridicul-arse.
And their new logo is shite, compared to their old[/b]
A lot of companies do this when they're grasping at straws to sort out a way to fix their money problems. Someone tells them "it's all about your marketing" and they do it, because no one else has made a real suggestion like "stay the course."

I believe it was because they wanted to cut all ties with the Celtic Warriors, yes.

hmm dont think the fans will be happy about that
i went to watch them play Leeds down Rodney Parade in the summer and there were more Crusaders fans there than the total of supporters from Dragons and Worcester the previous night. I doubt that any of them will travel to North Wales to watch them - I thought that they were using Rodney Parade :S

A real joke considering Crusaders are supposed to be a "reincarnation of Warriors".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 22 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A real joke considering Crusaders are supposed to be a "reincarnation of Warriors".[/b]

haha dont think anyone believes that anymore - were shocking this season

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 22 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i went to watch them play Leeds down Rodney Parade in the summer and there were more Crusaders fans there than the total of supporters from Dragons and Worcester the previous night. I doubt that any of them will travel to North Wales to watch them - I thought that they were using Rodney Parade :S[/b]
I think they doing half there, and half up north, or some variation of that
Sucks though, the ground in bridgend had a good atmosphere, as they'd built up a decent fanbase in the area

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 22 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 22 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i went to watch them play Leeds down Rodney Parade in the summer and there were more Crusaders fans there than the total of supporters from Dragons and Worcester the previous night. I doubt that any of them will travel to North Wales to watch them - I thought that they were using Rodney Parade :S[/b]
I think they doing half there, and half up north, or some variation of that
Sucks though, the ground in bridgend had a good atmosphere, as they'd built up a decent fanbase in the area
[/b][/quote]

hmm i hope so, in the Argus they printed the fixtures and i cant remember seeing Rodney Parade
i'd never been to the ground in bridgend as it was a nightmare to get to and from, i saw the fanbase was good when i went to watch them play Leeds
theyre going back to Bridgend if they can get planning permission to re-vamp the stadium

The crusaders site says "Venues to be confirmed" on all homegames, apart from the one that has wrexham FC as the ground, but on the crusaders fan forums everyones been saying that Rodney Parade is supposed to be where most of the home games are, and they seem pretty clued up on there

I think there's too much muddy water with the Crusaders to be honest. I want them to be playing in the South Wales area, that's the whole reason they were given a franchise. I haven't a clue if, when we're playing them, it's the relatively short hop to Wrexham or if it's down to Bridgend way.

well its either going to be in Wrexham or Newport
all last season they said they were going to be sharing with Dragons and Newport rfc at Rodney Parade

No all ******** this!

Crusaders are now based in Newport (Rodney Parade) and the Dragons have told them they can't play all their games at Rodney Parade so they have to find an alternative venue. So Wrexham has been suggested to them. So far the only fixture moved is that against Leeds there!

Latest posts