• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Current World XV

Caitlyn Jenner

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
We're into the meaty end of the RWC now and it's fair to say we've had a good look at all the best players in the world.

Im curious… if you were to pick a world xv to play tomorrow, who would it be?

Mine would probably look something like this…

1. Kitsoff
2. Sheehan
3. Malherbe
4. Retallick
5. Etzebeth
6. PSDT
7. Savea
8. Doris
9. Dupont
10. Mounga
11. Telea
12. Aki
13. Ringrose
14. Penaud
15. Jordan

16. Mauvaka
17. Bell
18. Furlong
19. Barrett
20. JVDF
21. Smith
22. Russell
23. Radradra

Haven't considered guys who are injured.

Lots of tough calls, tbh the only guys who I think absolutely have to be there are Dupont and Savea (2 best players in the world imo).

Curious to see how others would select a current world xv…

1. Bell - I know he's fairly new to the scene but if we're talking about right now then he was one of the very few who stood out in a poor Wallabies side. Carries incredibly well and has been part of a very strong Wallabies scrum.
2. Marx - would have said Sheehan pre-tournament and I do still rate him very highly but I struggle to pick him when Ireland's lineout has struggled as much as it has.
3. Taumeifuna - I know he's not really the best tighthead in the world but no one else has really put their hand up so I'm going with him mostly for the sake of shits and giggles.
4. Etzebeth - don't think it needs much explaining.
5. Ryan - Ireland look like a different side when he isn't there. Has massively upped his physicality and aggression since the Lions snubbing.
6. PSDT - honourable mention to Ollivon.
7. Morgan - I'm not considering Savea for this position as he plays all his rugby at 8 and I want to pick players in the positions they've actually been playing. Morgan has absolutely carried Wales at times.
8. Savea - Alldritt and Doris (and IMO, Valetini) all world class 8s but Savea is king of the hill right now.
9. DuPont
10. Sexton - still gotta give it to the man.
11. Telea - looks to be just about the trickiest man in the world to tackle right now. Beats a handful of defenders every time he touches the ball.
12. Aki - coming into the tournament I'd have started Henshaw over him for Ireland but he's been phenomenal. Has leaned up and is an entirely different beast. De Allende also playing some of the begs rugby I've seen him play.
13. Ringrose - a fully fit and in form Am challenges here but he hasn't been fully fit and in form for a while.
14. Penaud - Jordan has been great but for me Penaud is the more rounded player.
15. Willemse - has it all. Pace, footwork, playmaking ability. Keenan and Ramos both fantastic but Willemse just about tops them on recent form.

We talking right now? Meaning as in not taking into account their careers, etc.
I have more doubts than certainties.

2- Marx (injured i know, sue me)
5- EE
BR- Savea
11- Kolbe
15- BB
10- Finn. I'm sure this will come as controversial to some but the true worth of a good, a really good 10 blossoms when he's properly surrounded by talent. Not that the Scottish backline is bad, but i can't think of a single one that is undisputedly top 3 in his position. Not one.

A Tier 2 at RWC 2023 Top XV:

1. Inagaki
2. Mamukashvili
3. Alaalatoa
4. Cornelsen
5. Leindekar
6. Martins (out of Position, as usually he played 7)
7. Talitui
8. Fakatava
9. Marques
10. Matsuda
11. Niniashvili
12. Vilaseca
13. Riley
14. Storti
15. Piutau

16. Kessler
17. Tameifuna
18. Dittus
19. Sigren
20. Jalagonia
21. Nagare
22. Kata
23. Paia-Aua

A Tier 2 at RWC 2023 Top XV:

1. Inagaki
2. Mamukashvili
3. Alaalatoa
4. Cornelsen
5. Leindekar
6. Martins (out of Position, as usually he played 7)
7. Talitui
8. Fakatava
9. Marques
10. Matsuda
11. Niniashvili
12. Vilaseca
13. Riley
14. Storti
15. Piutau

16. Kessler
17. Tameifuna
18. Dittus
19. Sigren
20. Jalagonia
21. Nagare
22. Kata
23. Paia-Aua
Put sone respect on McFarland's name ASAP

Usually I'd say it's too early for the "should be ashamed of themselves XV" but let's just say most of them are getting ready for the sharks after getting a week off from their club

i still find it mad the NH club comp doesnt stop for the RWC...talk abotu splitting focus for players/fans

I think France paused just for the window of the tournament. Will start again the day after the final and everyone has played 3 games already.

Was kind of surprised NPC kept going but that competition just feels used and abused. Never really given a proper window to shine.

dont get me wrong, cane had an amazing game the other day....but i cant help feeling EVERYTHING would be different with the AB over the last few years if we'd stuck with Savea at 7 and developed a propper 8 like MMT or Sotutu
I 100% agree. Man what could have been…

Latest posts