TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (06-08-2011, 14:00 GMT)
Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Super.png
Western%20Province.png

After two consecutive defeats, the Toyota Free State Cheetahs are with their backs to the wall when they host high-flying DHL Western Province in Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon.

Last year DHL WP won the corresponding fixture at the Free State Stadium, but this time around they are up against a Cheetahs side that feature three returning Springboks â€" two of them in the front row â€" and will be up for the challenge.

Absa+Currie+Cup+Western+Province+v+Free+State+4L7U0g_FOIol.jpg

DHL WP captain and hooker, Tiaan Liebenberg, whose brother Hercu has been included on the Cheetahs bench, said: “The return of their Boks will definitely boost the Cheetahs. Those guys are all quality players and apart from Ashley Johnson they have not played a lot, so they would like to show they deserve spot in the team.

“The Cheetahs will be firing on Saturday. They have a very good side and always play with heart and soul in Bloemfontein. They are a dangerous side from broken play and can hold onto the ball for 15, 16 phases. We’re going to have to protect our possession.â€

Liebenberg said it’s great to be leading an exuberant team like DHL WP: “We have a lot of good young players who are trying to make their mark in Absa Currie Cup and we did very well against the Blue Bulls last week. That all comes down to hard work, but we are blessed with a good blend of youth and experience.â€

Toyota Free State Cheetahs vs DHL Western Province
Date: Saturday, 6 August
Kick-off: 15:00
Venue: Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein
Referee: Sindile Mayende
Last year in Absa Currie Cup:
10 July: DHL WP won 25-11 in Bloemfontein
27 August: Toyota FS Cheetahs won 29-24 in Cape Town
16 October: DHL WP won 31-7 in Cape Town (semi-final)

* vBookie odds supplied by Bwin

Cheetahs: 15. Hennie Daniller, 14. Riaan Smit, 13. Robert Ebersohn, 12. Andries Strauss, 11. Ryno Benjamin, 10. Sias Ebersohn, 9. Tewis de Bruyn, 8. Ashley Johnson, 7. Lappies Labuschagne, 6. Johan Wessels, 5. Waltie Vermeulen, 4. Francois Uys, 3. WP Nel, 2. Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1. Coenie Oosthuizen.

Replacements: 16. Hercu Liebenberg, 17. Marcel van der Merwe, 18. Izak van der Westhuizen, 19. Heinrich Brussow, 20. Piet van Zyl, 21. Corne Uys, 22. Philip Burger.

15. Conrad Jantjes 14. Danie Poolman 13. Johann Sadie 12. Tim Whitehead 11. JJ Engelbrecht 10.Demetri Catrakilis 9. Dewaldt Duvenage 8. Nick Koster 7. Siya Kolisi 6. Rohan Kitshoff 5. De Kock Steenkamp 4. Hilton Lobberts 3. Brok Harris 2. Tiaan Liebenberg (captain) 1. Wicus Blaauw

Replacements: 16. Deon Fourie 17. Frans Malherbe 18. Adriaan Fondse 19. Pieter Louw 20. Nic Groom 21. Berton Klaasen 22. Marcel Brache

Come on PROVINCE!!!!! You can do eeeeeeeeeeeet! :D

Dumb question, is vbookie/vcash like a virual betting thing with monopoly money?

The only dumb question is one you already know the answer to

vBookie is betting with virtual money. You have 500 points to start with, everybody does. There is nothing you can do with the points, it's just for fun. A lot of fun, I can tell you ;)

Have a go, try it out and maybe you will like it.

Will do! And thanks for answering my dumb question...
;)
EDIT: What happens if I lost all my vcash? Can I get some more? Or do I sit on the side lines and watch the other boys play?

Last edited:
If you are out of vCash, just send me a PM and I can give you some. Normally, people without any get 10 vCash points but I sometimes am in a good mood and give presents haha

+rep!

Back to topic...this is gonna be a great game! I can't wait to see the WP youngsters in action vs this dangerous Cheetah side. I sure hope we can keep the momentum, will be a great victory if we can pull this one off! Cheetahs would be in a little spot of bother should they lose this one...Drotske will be wondering what he is doing wrong, seeing as they finished so strong in the S15.

PROVINCE!!! :D

I hope WP will win this since I feel the best play off schedule would be Sharks and WP top of the log together so we avoid each other in the semi's haha

I'm with you on that one...with Province TOP of the log...for the home final ofcourse...:D

Am sure my wife would like for the Sharks to be up there as well, as she is a Shark supporter...and to top it all off...WP vs Sharks next week Friday...on her birthday... :rolleyes:

My birthday is the 28th of October... I've seen the Sharks win the final in 2008 on the 25th and last year on the 30th... 2 massive birthdays in 3 years for me ;)

well, it's the 29th, one day closer to my birthday. Let's hope they give me a massive present again (and I am not talking poo)

Mon the Cheetahs, we cannae afford to be heading to Kaapstad with WP on a high.

However myu money will be on the Hoops (long may my hopelessness at vBookie continue :D )

14 minutes left now, Cheetahs leading 18-16, fairly even game so far, however Cheetahs have scored 18 points that have been answered only be 3.

And now they get another kickable penalty, and Adriaan Fondse gets a yellow

DIS IS JOU TYD VRYSTRAAT! JY MOET WEN!!!

Yaaasss, Sias het die skop gekry!!!

My Afrikaans is baie mooi vandag

Ek skree vir die Vrystaat! Die Bloemfontein tjoppies speel baie nice rugby teen die Wes Provinsie ;)

Not sure my Afrikaans is as good as yours haha

Ek het my haart in my mond daar gehad, ek het gedink dat WP die wedstryd sou wen.

Heinrich Brussouw was baie belangrik vir Vrystaat in die laaste minute, hy het n' party turnovers gedoen.

Jaaaass, Skotse mense kan geintergrate

Cheetahs 28-22 Western Province

Latest posts