• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Griquas - Natal Sharks @ GWK Park, Kimberley (05-08-2011, 18:10 GMT)

assistant-referee Wessels: It was a bit dangerous
referee Legoete: yes, I agree. It was extremely dangerous

result: yellow card for Keegan Daniel

What a def *******

I hate Pro Legote, never rated him as a ref as he shows complete incompetence with regards to the scrums and line-outs.

He was the same ref if memory serves me right, that said a there was a headbutt in a Bulls game, and made a complete hash of his explanation to the actual ref

Correct Lord, he is the same ref. I think Daniel and the other Sharks player were trying to pull off a double tackle on the Griquas player, which didn't go as planned.

Despite the card and the statistical advantage of the Griquas, 14-16 to the Sharks, HT. Mind you, 53 tackles made, 1 missed for the Sharks is very impressive.

Great run by Richards early on, didn't realise the pace of the man. Same with Sithole.

I reckon it was the Boks that ruined it for the Sharks

The last two kick-offs have been absolutely dire
Pathetic stuff

Last edited:
It's tough to say that, but there wasn't any need for the subs at that time.
Daniel's card really set the way the match was going to go.

43-22 is a massive blow. I still think that bringing on the Boks is what hurt us

SACK PLUMTREE!!!

Bla, bla, blah...

Been a fairly horrible day for me so far, was thinking just before this game, 'How convenient would it be for Lady Luck to cap it all off with a Sharks loss'

I accept all resonsibility for the loss, if I didn't watch we would have won

Lord, this is the first Sharks match I've watched this season. We lost it. I'll take the blame.

Edit- at least Eze can be pleased, look at all that vCash!

If there is a person to blame, it's me for putting almost all my vCash on Griquas by 7+. It was more of a joke with a friend of mine.

OK, easy fix. None of us watch the Sharks again.

There, we have now won every CC and S15 tournament yet to happen.

Have to say, if the Sharks need to lose, I rather have it being against Griquas.

Problem is, the Sharks are the only 'big union' that is challenging for the CC, that has lost to the Griquas the Griquas in the last two years, we lost last year in Kimberely, then WP smashed them, the Griquas got smashed by Lions this year, and we lose to them.

I fear we have traded one bogey team in the Cheetahs for another in the Griquas...

However, I am in a bouyant mood today (well for the morning at least) for two reasons, the first is that yesterday is over, and I switched the telly on just as Supersport was showing the CC log, and...

Die Blou Bulle is bottom!!!

It's tough to say that, but there wasn't any need for the subs at that time.
Daniel's card really set the way the match was going to go.

Yeah, getting the card and then the first try really bouyed the Griquas. I feel that if the Sharks managed to score a try off of THAT first 10 minutes where they had the griquas in all sorts of trouble the deal would have been sealed. Fair play to the Griquas for weathering the early storm and then backing themselves 3 times for the try with 3 easy points on offer.

Problem is, the Sharks are the only 'big union' that is challenging for the CC, that has lost to the Griquas the Griquas in the last two years, we lost last year in Kimberely, then WP smashed them, the Griquas got smashed by Lions this year, and we lose to them.

I fear we have traded one bogey team in the Cheetahs for another in the Griquas...

However, I am in a bouyant mood today (well for the morning at least) for two reasons, the first is that yesterday is over, and I switched the telly on just as Supersport was showing the CC log, and...

Die Blou Bulle is bottom!!!

Well, we only juuust managed to draw even and that was at home!! Griquas are looking like pushing for top 4 again this year. Only question is if they can keep it up as they've been top many times only to fall out towards the business end. Lions, Sharks, WP and Freestate IMO with WP and the Sharks to battle it out.

I feel that if the Sharks managed to score a try off of THAT first 10 minutes where they had the griquas in all sorts of trouble the deal would have been sealed.

I thought the same thing, we were right on their line and they were scrambling around. We just couldn't finish it off.

I don't feel we can blame the yellow card, despite Pro Legoete's utterly shite performance as a ref. We were up 16-14 at half-time. We just didn't finish it off. This was the first match where we were worse in the second half than in the first.

I don't feel we can blame the yellow card, despite Pro Legoete's utterly shite performance as a ref. We were up 16-14 at half-time. We just didn't finish it off. This was the first match where we were worse in the second half than in the first.

Agreed, any decisions which would have cost us the game, came in the first half, afterwards there was a 'fair' spread of anomalies.

The most hilarious part was Cobus Wessels saying it was "a bit dangerous" to which Pro Legoete agreed saying "yes, it was extremely dangerous" hahahaha

Latest posts