• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Custom screen resolution for Rugby 08

M

munross

I was looking through the EA Sports Rugby Series forum and came across a nice topic from joni on how to customize your screen resolution for the game,if you want to check the topic here's the link:http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=resolution

So please give him credit for sharing this trick with us :bravo:

For those of you that knows how to hex-edit and wana do it yourself can do it yourselfs or if you want to and the other people who doesn't know hex-editing can feel free to email me there Rugby 08 profiles,(the .pro folder in your My Documents\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08 folder and I'll be happy to customize your resolution to what you want it to be.

Things to remember:

*The resolution can only be changed to standard resolution like 1024x768,1280x800 and not to resolution like 1000x1000 ect.
*If you have a 19" inch widescreen monitor like I have :D your max resolution will be 1440x900 and you can not go beyond that resolution like 1600x1200.
*Please make sure what resolutions your monitor can handle before requesting it.
*After changing the screen resolution to a custom one like 1440x900 and then after that changing any other display setting like Shadow or Force detail ingame and save the profile again after making those changes the resolution will change back again to 1024x768,to fix this you will either have to tell me what I must make those other display settings or change it to what you want it to be before emailling me your profile.(You can still save your profile after making "game setting" changes like in-or-decreasing knock-ons,injuries.This will not effect the resolution "bug",only making "display settings" changes will.)
*This also works with Rugby 06,just tell me if its a 06 or 08 profile.

I changed mine to 1440x900 and the graphics looks abit better :)

So email me your .pro folder(REMEMBER TO MAKE A COPY OF IT!) and what screen resolution you want and I'll change it for you ;)

My email:
[email protected]

Cheers
Ross

This is awesome man, could you edit mine? Ill send it in an email.

Thanks. +rep

Yeah man! I also have a 19", so 1440 x 900 for me too. I havn't really started anything, so would it be possible for you to send me an edited default profile with that resolution??? Then i can just replace it with mine. Just call the profile "Jer1cho"

Thanks man. It will totally make my day. :)

My email is [email protected]

+1 rep for you
:cheers:

Sure I'll do it for you Jer1cho.

I just found a "glich" with this trick and it is when after you or I change the screen resolution to a custom one like 1440x900 and then after that change any other display setting like Shadow or Force detail ingame and save the profile again after making those changes the resolution will change back again to 1024x768.

So after seeing this you will either have to tell me what I must make those other settings or change it to what you want it to be before emailling me your profile.

Sorry for this "glich" but there is nothing I can do about it.

P.S. this also works with Rugby 06,and Jer1cho will you please tell me what your other display settings in the game must be like the Shadow or Force details ect...

Cheers
Ross

Well, my system is as follows:

Intel Core 2 E6400 @3ghz
Chaintech 320mb 8800GTS Superclocked
4gig Mushkin DDR2-800 memory
ASUS P5n-E Sli 650i motherboard
600w Omega Megapower
LG DVD Dual 18x Writer
Aerocool Extreme Engine 3T chassis

So my system can handle it pretty well i think. CRANK UP EM SETTINGS!!! :)

I also tried to change the resolution of my cricket 07 game but it doesn't want to work as the game crashes which kinda sucks,would have been nice to also play it with a different resolution.

I hope next time EA release rugby and cricket one can choose higher resolution.

Anyhow I got abit of free time now so if anyone want to have their rugby 08/06 game resolution changed feel free to request it.

Cheers
Ross

what resolution would a 15.4 laptop be i have at the mo 1204x768 or whatever it is.

what resolution would a 15.4 laptop be i have at the mo 1204x768 or whatever it is.
[/b]

I'm not used to laptops so I can't asy,but I'll check and see what I can figure out ;)

Cheers
Ross

cheers man :)

i play the 1204x768 or whatever and when i take screenshots there 800x600 :(

hi ross

i just sent u an email n hopefully u can tweak it around to 1440 x 900 :D

cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crunkinjonah @ Sep 12 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hi ross

cheers[/b]

Should I max out the rest of the graphic settings for you?

Cheers
Ross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ross munro @ Sep 12 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crunkinjonah @ Sep 12 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi ross

cheers[/b]

Should I max out the rest of the graphic settings for you?

Cheers
Ross
[/b][/quote]

yeah mate that ll be sweet

thhhhhhhhhhhhhanks

Okay I changed the res for you and maxed out the graphics and send it to your email...

Cheers
Ross

I sent you an email. I just can't wait to see how the game is looking in 1400*900 :) thks !! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (camelback @ Sep 20 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I sent you an email. I just can't wait to see how the game is looking in 1400*900 :) thks !! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:[/b]

Done mate,should be in your inbox right about now ;) .

Please report any problems

Cheers
Ross

Latest posts