• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

D-Pad or analogue!??

No please do explain it - Bearing in mind that I have used analogue in very many games = GTA's, Jonahs, War FPSs...

My thumb can move in any direction and on any angle, just like analogue..THUS it is a fact that it does not offer better direction...

Although it MAY offer the chance to jog or run...that was NOT my point.

Also, please clarify wrong with some detail - I thought that was pretty bold, but look forward to a decent explanation.

To be honest! Is anybody really that arsed about it?
<

Those unlike myself, who don't abhor the very idea of analogue, probably don't give a ****.

Ironically, I wish I was one of them.

As I tried to say earlier in another thread (and someone else has a similar issue), I have an injury which makes it sore quickly on analogue. This alone proves it is more of a strain.

Frankly I don't understand - games from the early 90s let U change your button configuration.

Power trippers...

LOL (but not really)

You're wrong (in my opinion, so don't moan), because with analogue you can implement more subtle changes of direction, and serve easier when running. On a d-pad it's just more limited because it primarily moves 8 ways, and so changes are sharper.

<<You're wrong (in my opinion, so don't moan), because with analogue you can implement more subtle changes of direction, and serve easier when running. On a d-pad it's just more limited because it primarily moves 8 ways, and so changes are sharper.>>

"primarily", in my opinion!, implies that it actually moves 360 degrees - which it does!!

You keep missing the point anyway - read the first post and you will see I speak of two issues:

- freedom of choice
- injury aggravation

You are being selfish in your views b/c YOU like analogue....not everyone does.

I used to play spacies and don't like using anything but my fingers on a lever. It LACKS control....even if the lever itself has more maneouverability (which I don't think it does), it slips in varying directions and can't be as steady as a planted finger/thumb. FACT.

I don't think he is being selfish, because he said that you are wrong IN HIS OPINION.... Which to me, implies that he respects your opinion because he doesn't just flat out say YOU ARE WRONG. FULL STOP.

I think you are taking the term selfish too harshly!

What I mean is (and look at the very make-up of the word 'self-ish') that b/c he likes analogue he suggests me getting "used" to it etc...

I am saying we should BOTH have our way - I would like us both to have it the way WE would like it..

which is NOT self-ish.

Think about it.

OUT.

Well, I'm not wanting to get into a discussion about the word selfish.
But, you're both right, live and let live, peace man, groovy shake a tail feather...

OUT

Haha! Yah true...man the anticipation is getting me a bit wound up!!

Sorry all! But U see what I mean yeah? At least my bad thumb is my right one..

That's not what I meant. What if your controller doesn't have analogue? Someone said you need the D-Pad for setplays, so what does that leave people without analogue?

Yeah, PS2's can't recognise those old playstation controllers if you are talking about ps2 here.

yea the ps2 recognises the old ps1 controller but only the ps1 dualshock controllers

they have analouge

but the one without analogue doesnt work unless the game ur playing doesnt need analouge
in this case rugby 2005 u needs analouge!
so ha ha ha ha!
analouge rules!

Latest posts