• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Da Vinci Code > You

S

St Helens RLFC

If you haven't been to see the Da Vinci Code yet, I suggest you do so. Absolutely superb, as is the book.

Thats interesting as I have heard that it is not as good... but half the time the critics Know nothing when it comes to films and its personal choice... Thoughly enjoyed the book tho...

It is indeed personal choice - Mrs SHRLFC loved the book, thought the film was average.

a reminder....
the movie is a fiction... so is the book....
n i'm just waiting for em to release the movie here, and i'll defo gonna watch!

I reckon the Church paid the movie critics to say it was crap...

Ooohhh, contraversy!

I'm going to watch it the week-end, and if it is half as enjoyable as the book, then I'll be happy.

Originally posted by harrison2468@May 24 2006, 07:59 PM
I reckon the Church paid the movie critics to say it was crap...

Ooohhh, contraversy!

I'm going to watch it the week-end, and if it is half as enjoyable as the book, then I'll be happy.
Damn Gavin Henson once again!!!!

i saw it a week ago and its very good. but i must say, the people i went with didnt like it, but they have a attentionspan of a fish.

i am sick of the > you stuff that goes on. I get it all the gime at work (not > you but > x)

and on that note, i hadnt heard anything about the book until all this fuss was going on about the movie. ill probably read the book before the movie.

i find then its much easier to understand the movie. I did that with lord of the rings, but i didnt do that with bourne identiy/supremacy. i am still reading supremacy (nothing like the movie NOTHING) and that is good going to read the Da Vinchi Code next... then carry on the bourne series :)

I went and saw it on Tuesday night i tought it was alright my gf absolutely loved it.

It's basically a mystery based on a myth, isn't it? As far as I'm concerned Leonardo had far too much time on his hands.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 24 2006, 10:00 PM
i am sick of the > you stuff that goes on. I get it all the gime at work (not > you but > x)

and on that note, i hadnt heard anything about the book until all this fuss was going on about the movie. ill probably read the book before the movie.

i find then its much easier to understand the movie. I did that with lord of the rings, but i didnt do that with bourne identiy/supremacy. i am still reading supremacy (nothing like the movie NOTHING) and that is good going to read the Da Vinchi Code next... then carry on the bourne series :)
The books are always better than the movies, my opinion on this one is if you've read the book don't bother going to see it at the big screen, it's not worth the ticket price....and if you've not read the book go and see the movie but don't do both, it's a complete waste of time.

O and woosah by the looks of it you > <&>.

the da vinci code book is pure rubbish. i'd rather read the scripts of a Die Hard movie or CSI episode. Absolute garbage!

Originally posted by cavan@May 25 2006, 05:47 PM
the da vinci code book is pure rubbish. i'd rather read the scripts of a Die Hard movie or CSI episode. Absolute garbage!
:bravo:

No idea what the hype is about myself.

now, i'm anglican so frankly i couldn't give a toss about what new debate the men of catholicism are up to............ frankly i actually like the idea of paying out those catholics - no offence, but I just don't like the interpretation.

And what is this garbage about the rubbing out of the sacred woman when the friggen catholic symbol is of mary with baby chirst in her arms?

i thought the film was quality, woulda been crap if i hadnt read the book but as i had, i really enjoyed it. wierd how much of it is actually really there...makes you wonder, but so do really fat people.

And as with you SHRLFC the lady friend thought it was average....i find the best thing to do in this case, like when they don't laugh at something, is say, 'You wouldn't get it'. It undermines, confuses and offends in equal measure...and at the end of the day thats one of the main aims of a conversation.

Latest posts