• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Daily Mail - Cohen: I'll leave if we get relegated

R

Rugby News

Rugby Union: Ben Cohen will reluctantly consider abandoning Northampton after more than a decade of service if his hometown club are relegated from the Premiership at the end of the season

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/dailymail/r...5928/rugby.html

I still wouldn't be suprised to see him leave if we do go down.

It would almost be worth relegation just to clear Spencer off our books.[/controversial remark]

Don't be such a *** webby. He's been the only decent outside centre we've had all season, unless you're in the Robbie "miss the tackle" Kydd fan club.

Don't be such a *** webby. He's been the only decent outside centre we've had all season, unless you're in the Robbie "miss the tackle" Kydd fan club.
[/b]

If Clarke was fit though, would you let him anywhere near the 13 shirt?

Myler has come through and been outplaying someone who is supposedly still world class.

And occasionally he is. Unfortunately we can't afford to be carrying a player who is only only performing some of the time. It's not even like he hasn't had enough ball to play with - we've dominated matches this season and still had nothing from him.

His attitude shows he isn't up for a fight and I honestly wouldn't be too sad to see him leave. I think the money we pay him (which I know gets exaggerated, but will still be a lot) could be spent recruiting more efficiently.

i hate to say it but im with webby on this regarding Carlos and im in the Robbie'miss the tackle' Kydd fan club :p

I am afraid Big Players would go... and for you Cohen is one of those big players...

It's all acedemic anyway as we'll be picking up wins at Adams Park, Kingston Park and against OIrish ay home with try bonus', thus not getting relegated.

And next Thursday I shall also be getting wed to both Kate Middleton and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Myler has come through and been outplaying someone who is supposedly still world class.

And occasionally he is. Unfortunately we can't afford to be carrying a player who is only only performing some of the time. It's not even like he hasn't had enough ball to play with - we've dominated matches this season and still had nothing from him.

His attitude shows he isn't up for a fight and I honestly wouldn't be too sad to see him leave. I think the money we pay him (which I know gets exaggerated, but will still be a lot) could be spent recruiting more efficiently.
[/b][/quote]
Wait, your playing him at Outside Centre, and wondering why he isn't performing? No wonder your fighting relegation....

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Wait, your playing him at Outside Centre, and wondering why he isn't performing? No wonder your fighting relegation....
[/b][/quote]

We're playing him at outside centre for two reasons:

One - we've had an injury crisis in the centres.

Two - he's been outplayed for the 10 jersey by a young English rugby league convert.

If it weren't for injuries, Spencer wouldn't be in the team at all at the moment. He wasn't performing long before he got moved to the centres.

And? Spencer is not a centre, don't think he ever played in there the 10+ Years I watched him while he was still on the right side of the equator - Fly Half who could fill in at Fullback, may as well play him at Prop.

Haha, spot on Ripper! To be honest I think you'd be better off hanging onto him if the worst (which hopefully it wont) happens, that is ofcourse, if that's possible. Mehrtens did it at Quins, and it did him no harm, and I think the fact that Marshall jumped ship from Leeds actually did his career more damage than good! HairyQueens did it the smart way by embracing it and spending a season regrouping with the bulk of the squad that went down and have come up relatively unscathed.

It's all very well saying that no wonder Carlos isn't doing so well if he's being played at cebtre but Myler has been playing a HELL lot better and Carlos will probably always be played simply because we pay all that money for him....
It's not right ya know, if you earn a lot then you will start because of it and have the best of both worlds. If you are young and talented but earn less then the other player will come first.....

I think Ben will stay if we go down.

Speaking of Jon Clarke, when does he come back? Beginning next season or later?

Speaking of Jon Clarke, when does he come back? Beginning next season or later?
[/b]

Was rumoured that he was going to start playing second team rugby very soon and may be fit for the last match of the season.

No point in risking him really though, it's very unlikely he will immediately return to the top form he showed last season.

...and I think the fact that Marshall jumped ship from Leeds actually did his career more damage than good!
[/b]

I'd like to see you justify those claims without sounding even more idiotic than you already do.
Please...

I don't think even a move to Orrell would harm Marshall's "career" considering that anyone Kiwi who has the temerity to leave New Zealand is treated as a lepper, scum and an outsider anyway.

The ultimate highlight of a career should be international duty, Justin Marshall ruled that out the minute he left for the Northern Hemisphere.

gee wizz...
Los is playing at Centre??
grayson is an idiot!!
how the hell do you go from the player of the year last year to this??

thats probably the diffrence between SH rugby and NH rugby.
when Carlos was playing like **** for auckland they just dropped his ass to the bench until he worked through his problems.

Spencer is a class player no doubt... you just need to keep your faith with him. but if he plays like crap you need to recognise the problem and fix it. not transfer it to another position and knock his confidence even more.

i bet Wayne Smith is glad he left that club...

Latest posts