• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Damaged or Dirty

C

CeeJay

My game keeps crashing and the message "your disc is damaged or dirty" keeps popping up, the disc is free of dust and clean as far as I can see, has this happenend to anyobe else or could my xbox be packing it in? The message seems to happen right after glitches in the game such as the ball becoming stuck to the ground and impossible to pick up, or a rather odd one where my entire hurricanes roster was replaced by the argentinian squad!!!! The message then pops up and I have to restart. Ive now backed up all my tournements but now but am wondering if tihs might just be a bug ideas anyone!??

Nope, I have the xbox version & I haven't noticed any problems with the game yet.

Do u know anyone who has got an xbox? If so u could try it on their xbox. If it works, then its your xbox, but if it don't work, its the disc.

Cee Jay, it has happened to me but only once so far, and yes mine is an X-Box version.

I have an xbox version and myne runs fine, mostly likely the disc mate.

At the EA media launch of it in Christchurch I noticed that that happened twice on an XBOX consol.

So, don't know how much that means, maybe it's just a random fluke.. or perhaps the Rugby 2005 XBOX version is prone to being a bit unreliable.

I think EA was a tad embarrased when it happened at a 'show case' event, but I was more interested in the PS2 version anyway, so didn't pay too much attention.

Just funny you should say that tho.

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Mar 21 2005, 09:09 AM
I take it you don't like Xbox then, more of a Sony guy?
Yeh, I'm more of a PS2 fan, but I do admit that the game looks a bit better on the XBOX.

But my comment about the disc error that the XBOX had at the EA launch was just an observation, and don't know if it really means anything.

Jamie Gough

my guess is that it was a worn out copy, or a dodgy burn job.

or maybe the console they where running it on had so much crap on it memory wise, or had just been worn out.

Sounds like it could be a bug exclusive to xbox!!! the disc is not at all visibly damaged. It done this about 4 times in 5 days. 0 on day one, once on day 2 once on day three, twice on day 4 and 0 on day 5 so far.

I might trade it for another copy just in case(its within 7 days so I will get full value)

Other xbox owners keep posting, the more people we hear from the better we can determine if its a bug or not.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Mar 21 2005, 09:21 AM
my guess is that it was a worn out copy, or a dodgy burn job.

or maybe the console they where running it on had so much crap on it memory wise, or had just been worn out.
Yeah, who knows.

Jamie Gough

Sounds like it could be a bug exclusive to xbox!!! the disc is not at all visibly damaged. It done this about 4 times in 5 days. 0 on day one, once on day 2 once on day three, twice on day 4 and 0 on day 5 so far.

I might trade it for another copy just in case(its within 7 days so I will get full value)

Other xbox owners keep posting, the more people we hear from the better we can determine if its a bug or not.

I have no bother with myne, best to traded it back in, you have garantee, might aswell use it.

While you are there if they ask just say try it on your console in the shop, id leave it another day tho, or just exchange it and hope for the best.

I'm yet to actually use the xbox copy I bought. Still using a dodgy version from my hard drive. No issues so far.

ive got the xbox version and i have never had this happen.
it sounds like your lasar is damaged

Its hapened once to me on my X-Box in 5 days of having the game. Happened on the third night. I just gave my disc a quick wipe and thought nothing of it. Hasnt happened since.

when i was at training camp it happened quite alot on the xbox version.

im a ps2 fan so i couldnt help but.......smile
<

lol

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 21 2005, 09:03 PM
im a ps2 fan so i couldnt help but.......smile
<

lol
Evil *******.
<

I'm glad I'm not buying this game. I'm just going to hire it again sometime. Maybe.

I'm over the hype.

damaged.JPG

ok hopefully that pic worked
<

just in case ppl wanted to know what it looked like here it is

middle of a damn tri nations 2
<

Latest posts