• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

dan carter and soccer?!!

Originally posted by Serge+Aug 13 2006, 11:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen
@Aug 13 2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah and he had conditions saying that he isn't allowed to participate in any high-risk activities such as skiing, deep-sea diving, squash etc without prior permission,
Since when has squash been high risk? :eek:

It is pretty intense but their are no great risks to it. [/b]
Serge,

Do some research and I am sure that you will find that squash has an extremely high incident of injury. It is always really high up on the ACC report.

"...Well, playing in a recreational league has probably fairly low risk of injury..." Canadian_Rugby_Guy.

Good point and I guess most of the opposition players that come up against him would probably not going sliding in or hack him down or anything if they know what is good for them. But the thing about recreational leagues is that you always get some nutters that like to run around causing mayhem and without the high levels of skills the risks of injury remain somewhat high.

Originally posted by BigTen+Aug 14 2006, 08:52 PM-->
Originally posted by Serge@Aug 13 2006, 11:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen
@Aug 13 2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah and he had conditions saying that he isn't allowed to participate in any high-risk activities such as skiing, deep-sea diving, squash etc without prior permission,

Since when has squash been high risk? :eek:

It is pretty intense but their are no great risks to it.
Serge,

Do some research and I am sure that you will find that squash has an extremely high incident of injury. It is always really high up on the ACC report.

"...Well, playing in a recreational league has probably fairly low risk of injury..." Canadian_Rugby_Guy.

Good point and I guess most of the opposition players that come up against him would probably not going sliding in or hack him down or anything if they know what is good for them. But the thing about recreational leagues is that you always get some nutters that like to run around causing mayhem and without the high levels of skills the risks of injury remain somewhat high. [/b]
Why do research when I play it? Hardly seen any injuries, and someone in as good shape as Carter is very unlikely to get an injury in squash.

I know a guy who plays in the team carter joins every now and again.

what the nzrfu properly dont know is that about a couple months back,carter was playing without even wearing shin guards,even though it is a requirement.

carter asked the ref if he could still play even though he didnt have any and its not like the ref was gonna tell dan carter to toss off.

mccaw is probably such a good flanker, and sucking up all that pain becos he's getting all the G forces in the plane

what the nzrfu properly dont know is that about a couple months back,carter was playing without even wearing shin guards,even though it is a requirement.

carter asked the ref if he could still play even though he didnt have any and its not like the ref was gonna tell dan carter to toss off.
[/b]

I would. Why would you want Carter to risk injury?
Just get one of the other schmoes on the bench to give him their shinpads whilst their watching the match from the sidelines.

Latest posts