Danny "Cipriani" Cipriani

Mrs. Peter Quinn

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Great Britain
Club or Nation
London Wasps
For the first time since the news came through I am glad Cipriani is leaving.

He has single-handedly lost us this game. ridiculous cross field kick when we just needed the 3 points which would have put us within 3.

Ridiculous floated pass which any player in any league in any country would have had time to intercept.

Bath have played very well, credit is due. Even so, so extremely disppointing. I havent seen a wasps defence this bad for a very long time.

Also, van gisbergen...awful.

And simpsonsjust dropped the ball. unbelieveable.

Only watched up to halftime, didn't think he did too badly for once,
Bath played very well though, and were unfortunate to lose Abendanon for 10minutes, thought it should've been a penalty, not a yellow (or a penalty try to Bath, because he took out Varndell, but hey ho :p )

Lee Mears, Luke Watson, Michael Claassens, Butch James, Matt Banahan, Olly Barkley, Joe Maddock, Nick Abendanon take a bow.

My best HQ experience by far, unbelievable day and atmosphere.

Mears has proven once again how much better he is than Hartley, Abendanon was perfect in every way, tackles, runs and especially under the high ball, Olly Barkley was wonderful to watch, best 12 in the country by an absolute mile. Steve Meehan, i beg you, sign Maddock up before he goes off to Italy.

Well done Bath!

I remember seeing Mears make a break and run, gained about 15m with it

That game has probably put Barkley in good stead to claim the England 12 shirt. He was fantastic.

Butch James - great fly half.
Cipriani - Rubbish. Cipriani would be good if he could actually make a tackle or contribute to a ruck - he's a fair attacking player but a weak point for any attacking team to target. A worse tackler than RoG imo.

I was at the game and couldn't agree more except I think Joe Simpson is equally blameable as he had two tries gifted to him that he just threw away. Can't wait until Cipriani leaves the club and the only bad bit about him leaving is that he will be returning in 2 years :(
Wasps will definitely have to step up their game to win the Challenge Cup.

Well done to Bath though, it was a good game and good experience at HQ

We're starting to see the stock of two former England golden boys, Cipriani and Geraghty, nosedive as their various faults (which are fixable by the way) are exposed and its seriously knocking their confidence.

Not quite sure that the Rebels will want to use Cirpriani at Fly Half and I think just putting him at full back is the best course I think!

Meanwhile Flood and Barkley are in vogue with Alex Goode and Stephen Myler (who didn't do anything wrong bar miss a kick on Saturday) coming over the horizon. Interesting times indeed.

We're starting to see the stock of two former England golden boys, Cipriani and Geraghty, nosedive as their various faults (which are fixable by the way) are exposed and its seriously knocking their confidence.

Not quite sure that the Rebels will want to use Cirpriani at Fly Half and I think just putting him at full back is the best course I think!

Meanwhile Flood and Barkley are in vogue with Alex Goode and Stephen Myler (who didn't do anything wrong bar miss a kick on Saturday) coming over the horizon. Interesting times indeed.

I look forward to watching 3 out of those 4 fail to impress and never get picked again while the 4th gets picked based on how rubbish the other 3 are.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there about Alex Goode. He's been probably one of Saracens stand out players this year and seems to blend between full back, center and fly-half really easily. He always seems to find space, always seems to be there in support and always makes the gain line.

I'm looking forward to him competing for an England place as he is something special and as we all know Something Special is Happening At Saracens!

I was very impressed with Goode playing for the Saxons at the start of the Six Nations, i believe him and Geraghty combined forced Cipriani onto the bench, which just made me like him more :p

I'm pretty sure that England have never given Geraghty a chance at 10, he's always been at 3/4 behind Flood or Golden-********. Still, there's nothing wrong with his general play, it's the kicking which is currently a problem - Saints missed out on 6 easy league-points due to his right boot in the last seven days.

OT though, the Twickenham match showed Cipriani is a typical home-grown Wasps player; All the talent in the world but absoloutely not brains.Joe Simpson is just the same.

Just saw the match highlights on ITV. Fair play to Bath, one of the best performances i've seen by them; some great rugby being played. That man Barkley was electric and should definately be in the England squad on that form (outside anyone but 20-meters-deep Wilko).

Cipriani on the other hand is a bit of a nightmare. I've never been too much of a fan to be honest, it was just another self destruction game by him. The interception pass was telegraphed about 20 minutes before he did it - but you could see what he was trying to do. Thats the exact problem with him though, always trying to go for the money play but it very rarely comes off. He's so far down the pecking order in the 10 role at the moment like this. Wilko, Flood, Barkley, Geraghty I would pick before him for country and there are some very, very good young 10's coming through that will be in the mix too if he doesn't buck his ideas up; Freddie Burns, Joe Ford, Stephen Myler, Ryan Lamb, Rory Clegg.

I could honestly see Cipriani fading into obscurity if he doesn't improve his form in Aus. Yes he is a good attacker but his kicking and tackling are seriously questionable. I mean, he makes ROG look like a rock in defence!

I'm pretty sure that England have never given Geraghty a chance at 10, he's always been at 3/4 behind Flood or Golden-********. Still, there's nothing wrong with his general play, it's the kicking which is currently a problem - Saints missed out on 6 easy league-points due to his right boot in the last seven days.

OT though, the Twickenham match showed Cipriani is a typical home-grown Wasps player; All the talent in the world but absoloutely not brains.Joe Simpson is just the same.

Like Dom Waldouck, probably the best centre in the prem at the moment? If we're being fair, Wasps do consistently churn out a lot of very talented youngsters - you can't tar them all with the Haskell/ Cipriani brush.

Bloody can an will, the Wasps entire squad barely has a dozen brain cells to split between them.

Geraghty's problems are merely confidence based and as we've seen with guys like Ugo Monye one game your heads falling and the next you're on cloud 9 so I'm sure he'll come back.

Cipriani's problem is purely motivational and attitude I'm afraid and I'm not sure if a year in Australia will cure all his ills. He may be too late because with Flood & Geraghty now along with Burns (who was AWESOME for Glaws against Saracens in impossible conditions) Goode, and Myler all coming up I don't think there will be any space for him.

I mean on the bright side Mike Catt is still playing and he's about 90 years old and he played his last RWC game in 2007 so he still has at least a decade left in him to get his act together and sort himself out.

Cipriani's biggest problem in my eyes is his attitude, he thinks he is above the game and yeah when he does make a magic step going forward it looks good but these magic steps only come off rarely, I hope he goes off to the Rebels and comes back and finally realises the potential he has

Latest posts