• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

David Strettle

T

Titan

Great to see Earth ***ans very own Dave Strettle scoring EIGHT tries at the Los Angeles Sevens at the weekend, making him the top try scorer in the competiton. Not bad to say it was only his 2nd IRB Sevens outing.

Saw this bloke play for Rother vs Bedford earlier this year and he was lightening.

Could go all the way but maybe a bit small??

Yeah, he's off to Quins in the summer Harrison. With the right coaching, he could go a long way - he is lightening quick, and despite his size, he is difficult to bring down in the tackle. He has played at fly-half a couple of times this season, but he is definitely more of a threat on the wing.

yeah. think i made mention of his pace in my sevens thread.

dude, this guy BURNED fiji in the final. like, twice.

half the crowd were screaming from the shock.
the other half (like me and my mate) just let our jaws drop.

it was crazy.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 16 2006, 09:10 PM

it was crazy.
You must be mistaken.

There aren't any fast players in England, everyone in the world keeps telling us that.

;)

I read somewhere that Tait (yes, that Tait), contained William Ryder in the final. Is this true Captain?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 17 2006, 08:10 AM

it was crazy.
Glad he made an impression captain. :D

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 17 2006, 08:10 AM

it was crazy.
Since I was only there on the first day, I Tivo'ed day two (played on Setanta) man he has ungodly speed, tore Fiji a new one.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Feb 17 2006, 09:55 AM
I read somewhere that Tait (yes, that Tait), contained William Ryder in the final. Is this true Captain?
well he must have.

i can't recall any specific one-on-one during that match - apart from strettle v all of fiji.

england were just solid throughout.

and tait made a much better impression on me than he did henson's shoulder last year. the boy done good and it was nice to see.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 17 2006, 06:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Feb 17 2006, 09:55 AM
I read somewhere that Tait (yes, that Tait), contained William Ryder in the final.  Is this true Captain?
well he must have.

i can't recall any specific one-on-one during that match - apart from strettle v all of fiji.

england were just solid throughout.

and tait made a much better impression on me than he did henson's shoulder last year. the boy done good and it was nice to see. [/b]
Thanks for the info man. It should lead to a great Commonwealth Games this year - quite a few teams in it.

I don't know about you guys. But I think Tom Varndell is great. I was kind of surprised not to see him play in the USA sevens.

Stretle and Tait was decent in the LA Sevens. And Little David Seymour too was playing. For people who have never seen this guy, he's probably the smallest professional rugby player ever, about the same stature as Peter Stringer or Gregan yet he plays in the back row for England Under 21's last year.

And Ryder can't tackle, his attempts are sometimes laughable. He could never play 15's.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Feb 20 2006, 04:02 AM
I don't know about you guys. But I think Tom Varndell is great. I was kind of surprised not to see him play in the USA sevens.
He was with the England squad for the Italian match.

Latest posts