• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Day from hell.....

B

BokMagic

Got up this morning, went to work. Got crapped on for missing a deadline.

Lunchtime, drive down to the beach. No wind= no waves = no surf after work.

Back to work, get into major argument with fund-manager of SA`s biggest medical insurance company over unpaid claims.

Leave work, after slogging through a mountain of paperwork to complete said missed deadline. Sit behind a fkn tourist who decides to drive 30km/h all the way through the CBD. Road rage etc.

Get home, and guess what DVD the wife is watching? Michael fkn Bolton no less!!!!!!!!!! Think I can wrestle the fkn remote from her? She can`t even put the damn thing on mute.

Reckon I`m gonna go looking for a good bridge to jump off- if there`s no surf tomorrow, definately.

Sucks.

My advice; Have a beer. It makes life seem unimportant.

I'm on my 3rd! :D

exactly - there's nothing that the local pub or a couple of cold ones can't put right.

Sucks.

My advice; Have a beer. It makes life seem unimportant.

I'm on my 3rd! :D
[/b]
man that is so true about a beer. no matter how big and argument i've had wit the mrs or how much of a **** day i've had, when i get home and sit on my porch with beer & smoke in hand i feel so relaxed and that life does indeed seem unimportant!!!

Good advice guys- reckon I`ll light up something nice and toasty, and wash it down with some good old Scotch- after a couple(of bottles!) of those, one does tend to get the answers to life, the universe and everything else!

Just noticed... JBay! relax brother the waves will come... you lucky *******!
What sort of line of work are you in?

[/b]

Would you believe it, pharmaceutical manufacturing! I`m a pharmacist by training and qualification, but working as production manager for a company manufacturing nutritional supplements.

By the way Dumbo, if you know J-Bay, you`ll either be an ex-Saffa, or a bit of a surfer yourself. If it`s the latter, you`ll certainly know Supertubes( just 7km from my front door) and Seals in St Francis (16km, but by dirt road). Which is it?

Hmmm... May I but in with the climax to my week from hell...

Sunday; Watch Saints get stuffed by beer and chips in the worst display of handling errors from a set of backs that I've ever seen. However, I arrange a date with a hot girl for friday night.

Monday; Have a job interview that went very well. This weeks could be starting out alright.

Tuesday; Go to work. ****** off all day. Still got that date on Friday though, so smiles all round.

Wednsday; As Tuesday.

Thursday; Start work, having a reasonable day. Get a phone call around 3pm from the agency telling me I didn't get the job I went for on monday. ********. Then at 4:30, the date is cancelled because she can't get a babysitter. Double ********.

Friday; Grumpy, angry, tired and hungover, go to work AM. Get called into managers office where I'm informed I've just recieved an £1800 pay cut. "f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***-f***"
I get ****** that evening.

Saturday; I have a cold and it's Saints v Bristol this afternoon. So that's a pasting we'll be getting.

Ever just wanted to put a week behind you before?

1800-Pound pay-cut? Holy crap man, that`s lower than the shadow of shark shite.

Couldn`t possibly get worse than that, I hope. On the positive side, there`s always beer, cold and bitter as it should be. If that doesn`t help, what about some good old Scotch?

[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Would you believe it, pharmaceutical manufacturing! I`m a pharmacist by training and qualification, but working as production manager for a company manufacturing nutritional supplements.

By the way Dumbo, if you know J-Bay, you`ll either be an ex-Saffa, or a bit of a surfer yourself. If it`s the latter, you`ll certainly know Supertubes( just 7km from my front door) and Seals in St Francis (16km, but by dirt road). Which is it?
[/b][/quote]
Bit of a surfer myself, grew up surfing a place called Raglan in New Zealand (three really good left handers), came over to Melbourne to check out Bells (over-RATED), Winki (really over-rated)... Super Tubes 7k from your front door... nice, very nice.
Interesting line of work there, any contacts for distribution? my company sources product(s) for export, we have just finalised a couple of contracts for new pharmaceutical products that we are shipping to asia, South Africa's on the list. Maybe we should stay in touch...

58_img_large.jpg

There is absolutely no way of competing with that...
Just drink up.

Don't let work get you down...it's a freakin' job...we all have them, and there's plenty of more shite work to be done elsewhere. But, in all fairness, I never take my own advise in regards to work.
As far as your surf problems...lucky you, at least you have a beach to complain about...I have the dirty Mississippi river.

Don't let the man get you down.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Bit of a surfer myself, grew up surfing a place called Raglan in New Zealand (three really good left handers), came over to Melbourne to check out Bells (over-RATED), Winki (really over-rated)... Super Tubes 7k from your front door... nice, very nice.
Interesting line of work there, any contacts for distribution? my company sources product(s) for export, we have just finalised a couple of contracts for new pharmaceutical products that we are shipping to asia, South Africa's on the list. Maybe we should stay in touch...
[/b][/quote]

Yes well, nothing like a good wave to get the mind relaxed. Best waves actually in winter over here, during the 2 weeks of the Billabong Pro.

We`ve started exporting to Europe via Belgium last year, and we`re looking into the Australian market at the moment. 35% of pharmacy turnover over there is on nutritional supplements. Nothing concrete yet in terms of export/distribution but yes, by all means keep in touch.

I've watched on TV the last couple of years of the ASP in JBay... amazing wave.

Yup Australia is big on supplements, PM me your companies web address if it list a product range.
We have distribution channels in Australia and New Zealand (also South Africa through Johnson and Johnson) and are currently working on Japan with aged care products and are in the market for more products.

Latest posts