• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Definitive Modern Warfare 2 thread

Completed the Campaign today, the storyline is incredible. Whoever writes these games should do movies, because i'd pay to see it
Had a quick go on the Special Ops as well, which is alot more fun than i thought, i was expecting it to just be levels from the campaign but with a timer/points on, but they just use the same maps from it, with different scenarios on

Well well well worth the money

Well had a day off today so picked up the PC version.

Single player is as good as you'd expect. Its pretty much the same as COD4 with a bit more added on. Not revolutionary, but worth the hype non-the less (if it aint broken dont fix it). Loved the last one (and the WW2 one), enjoying this one.

The co-op is something I'll have a bit of fun with but the only reason I play these games is for multiplayer and yep, as expected multiplayer is an absolute disaster on the PC. Played for about 45 mins and I think one map (out of about 10-15) went the duration without a disconnect or server failure. Gone are the days when you could happily join a 64 player massacre.

I've a 20mb down, 2mb up connection so i should be fine. Maybe I'll try hosting my own, and see if that helps.

Mite, PS3 or 360?

The campaign is disappointingly short I agree, there should be more to it than that and I would argue it's actually shorter than the original Modern Warfare campaign. The challenge then lies with the veteran difficulty I suppose. Nick is within touching distance of finishing it on Veteran.

PS3 - Sainsburys ran out of Xbox versions at £26!

Half wondering if CEX will buy it for more then I can buy it again and make a profit! :lol:

Bought mine yesterday, but still have Gears Of War 2 to complete and, by god, if i dont complete that before i play Modern Warfare 2 i don't think i'll ever go back to it!
But it's sitting in my bedroom, waiting expectantly, trying to lure me in with it's seductive aesthetics...i'm sure a woman - or at least a representation of a woman - should be doing the job that Modern Warfare2 is currently doing.
Ahem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 16 2009, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have you got Live again Matt?[/b]

I've got it on PS3 also. Haven't played much with multi-player yet, just wanted to get the story out of the way. The story was decent and the gameplay reasonably good. There are a couple of ridiculous difficulty spikes (well for me) if you play hardened or Veteran, but I guess that goes with the territory. I also reckon it's too short, by at least a quarter of it's length, but I guess the Spec Ops mode helps.

Veteran is ridiculously hard. I don't really bother with hardened, I just go straight into Veteran. It isn't as hard as it once was though, I'll say that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 15 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 16 2009, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you got Live again Matt?[/b]

I've got it on PS3 also. Haven't played much with multi-player yet, just wanted to get the story out of the way. The story was decent and the gameplay reasonably good. There are a couple of ridiculous difficulty spikes (well for me) if you play hardened or Veteran, but I guess that goes with the territory. I also reckon it's too short, by at least a quarter of it's length, but I guess the Spec Ops mode helps.
[/b][/quote]

Online deathmatch mode sucks balls. I've not tried co-op yet.

I'm lovin the game aye. I played CoD4 on PC but decided to get this on 360 and I'm glad I did. Its a really well balanced multi-player game with the cool additions made to it. I think that the single player is a little over the top but at least that respawning AI till you move up is no longer part of the game any more.

If anyone wants a game of co-op or join in multi-player my tag is JynxNZ

Saw my first haxor on multiplayer PC tonight :(. With no anti-cheat for the game, well thats not good news.

Yeah Haxor, eh cheat, computer assisted player, aimbot user by the looks of it, though his helocopter was doing phenomenal damage too.

Either way after about 5 mins of the game I was sitting at around 5-1-2 (K-A-D), he was up around 39-0-1.

Cheating is common enough but all previous games had a dedicated anti-cheat engine and dedicated server files (allowing admins to ban users etc). Without these I would imagine the multiplayer game for PC will be dead in a few weeks.

Latest posts