• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Definitive Modern Warfare 2 thread

S

St Helens RLFC

2 weeks away now. A "shocking" video was "leaked" yesterday and that should fuel some publicity, not that the game needs it. It's going to be awesome but the RRP of £55 is bang out of order.

Got mine preordered from play.com, cost £45 =/, hopefully it's worth it,
If it/it's online play is half as good as the last one, it really will though

not overly keen on it since the announcement of no dedicated servers for the pc version. this type of game relying on the host having a decent internet connection to support everyone especially in places like new zealand and australia where the internet isn't that great is just not good enough for the pc version. well I didn't really get to into the multi on cod 4 it was what kept me coming back to the game and without it don't see much point picking up mw2 day1 especially at a premium price too. the wii is getting the shaft too only getting a reworked version of the first modern warfare game which of course almost anyone would have played by now. I'm starting to think left 4 dead 2 could be a better purchase for me now, I'll know what I will be getting without any unwanted surprises and with the exchange rate atm it's a bargain on steam compared to mw2.

I'd get it but I'm too hard up, i got Batman recently for less than half retail, will wait for Uncharted 2 to pop up used at a good price and will wait for this unless it turns out to be something truly epic which I doubt, just new maps, guns perks etc, not to mention I'm not the greatest at it online having played the first game alot but never got to prestige. World at War was a waste of dosh as well.

Should be good though, I look forward to getting it eventually.

I had great hopes for this game, a lot of the people who played Call of Duty 4 competitively did, but no dedicated support or modtools doomed this game's online future.

Purely a console port.

I would get the xbox360 version for the awesome multiplayer though.

For UK folks, Sainsburys are selling it for £26 straight off the shelf.

Strict '1 copy per customer' rule, and I expect it will be madness to get one, but thought I'd add to the frenzy by telling you guys...

Apologies if this has been posted already, didn't have time to read the full thread.

I would get it for the single player campaign. These kinds of games are meh when it comes to multiplayer. COD4 was overladed all the time. You would spawn and die instantly. No fun at all.

I will rather stick to DotA, Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends for the multiplayer gaming.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Nov 9 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For UK folks, Sainsburys are selling it for £26 straight off the shelf.

Strict '1 copy per customer' rule, and I expect it will be madness to get one, but thought I'd add to the frenzy by telling you guys...

Apologies if this has been posted already, didn't have time to read the full thread.[/b]

£32 in Asda.
£20 in Makro if you have a Makro membership card.
£26 in Sainsburys (as toup says)

Was hoping i'd get mine this morning, as it was shipped from play.com on thursday, but apparently they say they've shipped it earlier than they actually have so that you don't cancel the order and buy it cheaper elsewhere.
Ah well, i have no lectures tomorrow, just rugby training at 6, so i know what my days being spent doing :p

This game is unbelievable. What a shame I haven't got a HDTV to appreciate it fully.

I still waiting to see how it pans out. I have Xbox and PC so I need proper feedback please.

I would play the single player but only to warm up. I'm a multiplayer gamer.

Does the PC version of this work as a multiplayer experience? If not does the x-box version work? How many players per map etc?

I'd do some reading if you're considering the PC version. Apparently there's no dedicated server. I'd suggest 360 is the place to be.

Just cant get my thumbs working around those darned controller.

I'll go a reading.

Loving it so far,
Just taken a break from the story to play some online, which is as good/possibly a tad better than MW1

Jericho I suggest you try the "ProMod" servers for CoD4, it is so different than normal online you wont believe it.

It's 8v8 on public servers, S/D. (There's a TDM one as well) hosted by IGame, drop me a pm if you want the IP's.

Latest posts