• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TLOU part 2

TLOU: Remastered is one of the free games on PS+ in October, so looking forward to finally checking it out

And the remastered version should include the DLC as well as I recall so that is a really good deal. I still have my copy of TLOU remastered so will try play it again before number 2 comes out.

Last edited:

Looking like it'll be released when PS5 gets released.

About to get started on this.
All feels a bit GOT, and to my better judgement I do know all the leaks.
But will go into this with my eyes wide open.

I only know a tiny bit (but massively spoilerific) due to internet *****. I suspect context is key as its an absolute critical darling

yeah I avoided them. Starting to get used to getting disappointed with big ***les/tv shows. Will avoid this thread from now on to avoid spoilers.

Enjoy the game.

I'm 11ish hours in, I think it's pretty great so far nothing in the story has particularly infuriated me. Some really touching moments.

I think best game ever and best of this generation is pushing it. Certainly I prefer TLOU1 and there have been other better games this generation. But it's still pretty damn good so far...

But I hear the controversial stuff I don't about is still to come, some have loved it other have not we shall see.

Bought my copy and it's winging it's way to me. Thank you all who have not posted spoilers so far.

I feel that if they had Abbey backstory just after she met a certain character and just before a certain incident I feel the story would've flowed better, It wouldn't have come across as trying to be shocking for no reason other than cheap value (Which I find is being sooo overdone lately thanks GOT), because I just don't care about the character at all in the game when you play as here later. Also the ending felt so cliched. Like all naughty dog games it's top class in it's voice acting, graphic and dialogue, but I feel the story lost it's meaning all because they wanted to try and get in a shock moment (Which got ruined anyway by the leaks).

Maybe TLOU was too good a game to have a sequel?

I would give it a 8/10 (was thinking 7.5/10) which is still excellent, but man TLOU just set the bar way too high I guess (I would give that 10/10 top 5 all time game for me), the gameplay isn't anything special but I will always appreciate how the major naughty dog games feels like a movie in video game format.

Last edited:
Finished it it's not as good the first but it's still very good. It certainly worked for the wife although I would happily sit with general consensus the first half is far better than the second. It finishes strongly but possibly not strongly enough. I'd definitely reorder bits.

On game mechanics it's not revolutionary but having replayed TLOU last week it was great for the wheel to not be completely reinvented. It offered new challenges and ways of going about encounters but felt like the same wheelhouse of the previous game. Too often that happens and drives me nuts especially button remapping.

Just finished as well. I Loved it. Yeh it couldn't have the emotional ending as the first one.

i did think the escape from the Island was epic. And also the multibloater in the basement of the hospital. Ending felt similar to uncharted 4 if you've played that. Ellie finding peace. edit ok not quite finished it yet.... got to the bit about her chasing the sheep into the Barn and then having a flashback to Joel getting killed... to be continued....

It lasted a lot longer than TLOU1. But yeah I guess if you didn't like the whole Abbey and GI Jane gameplay and less stealthy than the TLOU 1. And also loads more weapons and things to pick up and make, whereas I felt TLOU 1 you certainly had to be more choosy with the weapons you had to craft and when to use them. Plus human enemies are not half as fun as killing clickers, bloaters and the undead zombies

Last edited:
Right finally did finish it this time after thinking I did first time around. I still really enjoyed it. I avoided the spoilers and leaks before release and glad I did. I also didn't mind the story. Maybe the pacing was a little strange but I could live with it. Ending wasn't as satisfying as the first one. But this one took me a lot longer to complete the main story as I took my time.

Will probably have another play through now i've unlocked it completing first time around.

Latest posts