• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

DELVE SELECTED FOR ENGLAND!!!!!

madden is a collosus and is undoubtably the biggest prop in the wordl at 22/23 stone

i aint trying to slag him off i think that hes a great player and is one of scarlets best. like you said if you were injuryed thre you are going to tried. any player would be.

I can't believe that there are players that would think:

"Hmm should I play for England or Wales?"

Surely you would either feel English or Welsh - not somewhere in between? How could you represent a country that you do not feel that you belong to? And how would that make you feel when you were facing your "other" country?

If your country ignore you and the opportunity comes along to play international rugby then you would take it and in facing your real country you'd feel you have a point to prove.

Originally posted by BigTen@Jan 10 2006, 10:02 AM

Surely you would either feel English or Welsh - not somewhere in between? How could you represent a country that you do not feel that you belong to? And how would that make you feel when you were facing your "other" country?
To be fair, Delve has never stated that he even considered playing for England. The only reason the issue came up was because he's putting some form together, gettting the attention of international coaches and someone realised a technicality. The guy's always said he considers himself Welsh and we wants to play for Wales.

Knowing the WRU, that probably means they'll hold a gun to his head and say he has to play in Wales to get selected, even though we've given him his rugby education and nursed him through four serious injuries.

colin charvis - chris horsman - stephen jones - gareth thomas - all ply there trade outside of wales

Originally posted by Boy+Jan 9 2006, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Jan 9 2006, 11:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen
@Jan 10 2006, 10:02 AM

Surely you would either feel English or Welsh - not somewhere in between?  How could you represent a country that you do not feel that you belong to?  And how would that make you feel when you were facing your "other" country?
To be fair, Delve has never stated that he even considered playing for England. The only reason the issue came up was because he's putting some form together, gettting the attention of international coaches and someone realised a technicality. The guy's always said he considers himself Welsh and we wants to play for Wales.

Knowing the WRU, that probably means they'll hold a gun to his head and say he has to play in Wales to get selected, even though we've given him his rugby education and nursed him through four serious injuries. [/b]
Sure there was the same thing with Johnny O'Connor when it emerged that he'd be eligible for England, sad thing is Eddie keeps giving him caps, if only he'd realise you only need 1 cap.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 10 2006, 11:09 AM
colin charvis - chris horsman - stephen jones - gareth thomas - all ply there trade outside of wales
Gareth Cooper, Gavin Thomas, Andy Williams, Andy Lloyd, Nathan Thomas, all in contract with Bath, all told by the WRU three years ago that they would only be considered for the national team if they left Bath (a full thirty miles from Wales) and joined one of the new Welsh franchises.

No one in Wales offered Charvis a deal, that's why he played at Tarbes and is now at Newcastle. Horsman lives in Wales, while Jones and Thomas were both established internationals before they moved. For a young guy like Delve, or people like Tom Cheeseman or Rhodri Davies at Saints, it will be much harder to break into the Welsh squad because they play in England.

i agree, look at parks with leeds. Apparently did a job on Neil Back last year in their shock defeat over leicester. Popham was also with leeds, but now he's with the Scarlets he suddenly gets a few call ups after about two years international wilderness.

By the way, whats this Cheeseman guy like? I met him in Cardiff last year, i wast dressed as a Liger. Quite embaressing.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Jan 11 2006, 02:41 AM
By the way, whats this Cheeseman guy like? I met him in Cardiff last year, i wast dressed as a Liger. Quite embaressing.
In a couple of seasons Cheese is going to be an absolute quality player. He's out with an ankle injury at the minute, but he's quick, got great footwork and impressive footballing skills for a guy who's still only 19. I've got high hopes of Barkley, Ryan Davies and Cheese as Bath 10, 12 and 13 for the next few years.

Interestingly, his dad was capped by England but played in Wales for Swansea. Cheese the Younger, playing in England, decides he's Welsh. It's not like England have a plethora of quality 13s. I'd rather England poached him than Delve.

Originally posted by Boy@Jan 10 2006, 07:07 PM
It's not like England have a plethora of quality 13s.
Jonny Clarke. Got the England 13 shirt in the bag in the future if he keeps playing the way he currently is.

Wouldn't expect Rhodri Davies to be anywhere near the Welsh squad anytime soon, he's a good little player, but still got a lot to learn about top level rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hands off ass face![/b]

<
QUALITY

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jan 10 2006, 06:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jan 10 2006, 06:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boy
@Jan 10 2006, 07:07 PM
It's not like England have a plethora of quality 13s.
Jonny Clarke. Got the England 13 shirt in the bag in the future if he keeps playing the way he currently is. [/b]
Don't be stupid. He'll never get the shirt until AR realises Tindall isn't the greatest centre ever.

Which the dappy baldy never will.

Just used Davies as an example as I couldn't think of any other young Welsh player in the Premiership.

Clarke certainly seems to be impressing a lot of people. Maybe eventually he'll replace Jenson Button on our school website's homepage.

I probably should have said 'It's not like England are willing to pick a plethora of quality 13s.' Tindall's a lumbering, backstabbing, f***ing ****-house.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 9 2006, 02:37 AM
*INITIATING SARCASM MODE*

yes thats right - after winning the gs and beatin australlia - we are in such a dismal state

please all the better teams loan us money
The best Australian team in years!?

The Hardest GS to win in years!?

Oh well you did put 3 points on the best team in the world.
<

Latest posts