DELVE SELECTED FOR ENGLAND!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by loratadine, Jan 7, 2006.

1. loratadine

loratadine Guest

ha ha ha - no he hasnt - and he never will be

read on and find out why

credit:bbc.co.uk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Firstly, you've spectacularly failed to spell "off" in the title of the thread. Congratulations.

Secondly, it isn't that much of a loss to England. Corry leads the team well from 8, and players like James Forrester are coming through to play 8 in the future.

I'm sure Delve will do well though coming from Colston's, assuming he remains injury free.

4. Symclaw

Symclaw Guest

James Who? ha ha, im just playin dawg. What is this Delve bloke like anywho.

5. Boy

Boy Guest

Delve a young No.8 at Bath. Made his debut four or five years ago, but has had some horrible injuries. He's fully fit now, and has quickly become our first choice 8 over Zak Feaunati. He's a very good athlete, and is surprisingly quick (against Worcester a few weeks ago he ran in a 75m interception try, outpacing Thinus Delport).

He was never going to play for England anyway. His father's Welsh (his mother's from Hong Kong), and he'd always said he wanted to play for Wales. He would have gone to the World Cup is he hadn't knackered his shoulder. The only reason this speculation came about was because someone realised the technicality that he wasn't officially capped, like the situation with Johnny O'Connor a couple of years ago.

6. umosay

umosay Guest

Wales need all the help they can Lora.

7. loratadine

loratadine Guest

*INITIATING SARCASM MODE*

yes thats right - after winning the gs and beatin australlia - we are in such a dismal state

please all the better teams loan us money

8. #Bom Bom#

#Bom Bom# Guest

We dont need that much help we still have some great players,

e.g.

Peel
    Jenkins
    S.Williams
    Madden
    D.James

Only to name a few, just coz we got heno out dont mean we need help!We still have a great second string team that can replace where players are missing. As lora rightly said we did beat Australlia with them.

9. loratadine

loratadine Guest

yeah i dont really think we need that much help to be honest - were hardyl in a state of dismay - 2004 autum series we did worse than last years and still went onto win the gs - i think the autum series helped to bring a few players into the fray - such as m.j watkins,daffyd james and lee byrne

10. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Hardly. You came within a point of NZ, and 2 of SA. This year it was nowhere near as close.

It is only right that Delve is capped by Wales, but for their sake's, do it in the 6N. Otherwise, we might get him, although I doubt Robinson will ever cap any under 26 again.

11. loratadine

loratadine Guest

[​IMG] i doubt it too - but can i ask you a question - if you were an englishmen - playing in wales and wales came knocking at youre door - would you play for wales or keep trying to catch the eye of your home nation?

12. #Bom Bom#

#Bom Bom# Guest

it's true that we didn't get as close as last years but you must put into place that we had our SECOND string team out. We wee still recovering from Clives "Injury" tour to new zealand. As with most nations we had players injuryed, but we had most of our first team out.

13. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Depends on how likely it is to be capped by his home nation - take MVG, he knows he will never be likely to be capped by NZ, so has become an Englishman, and hopefully soon an English player. In an ideal world, every would play for their home nation, but if that isn't going to happen with this nation, then international rugby is still attractive.

14. Symclaw

Symclaw Guest

oh my god, were gonna pick him anyway, so it dont matter. we havent got enough strength in depth not to

15. #Bom Bom#

#Bom Bom# Guest

harrison2468, got a point if you aint going to be picked for your home nation then coming over here is a good way to get playing international rugby. It's true we need depth but we could manage without him we have some great players comeing through such as watson and if push comes to shove we could bring back some older players. For example martin madden.

16. loratadine

loratadine Guest

ha ha ha martin madden

17. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

there's a pie machine if ever I saw one.

18. #Bom Bom#

#Bom Bom# Guest

he might be a pie machine but hes one great fella. i reckon that he should be elected for King he just great. Why he doesn't have a permit welsh place i dont know????

Proably due to his excesive eating habits and his short temper

19. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Well I know I'm being harsh but he did have a long injury lay off so it's no wonder he took a fancy to the pies. Was amazed he made it through 70 mins on Saturday carrying that weight.

20. Symclaw

Symclaw Guest

injury? i dont see why they couldnt include him as an impact player. I mean they shud experiment before 2007. Martyn Madden has got the potential to blah blah blah blah...

21. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

sorry not his injury, his hiatus period.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!